linuxma

Filling n400 online or through mail

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi guys I have a pending I-751 pending since a year ago, i m planing to apply for n400 under 3 years rule , my question is should fill it online or through the mail and and when I apply with a pending 751 is their special documents I should upload 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
3 hours ago, linuxma said:

Hi guys I have a pending I-751 pending since a year ago, i m planing to apply for n400 under 3 years rule , my question is should fill it online or through the mail and and when I apply with a pending 751 is their special documents I should upload 

I would do mail and include a copy of your extension letter.  

The N-400 web server is prone to using the wrong date stamp and so you run the risk of your N-400 being denied for early filing. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Mike E said:

I would do mail and include a copy of your extension letter.  

The N-400 web server is prone to using the wrong date stamp and so you run the risk of your N-400 being denied for early filing. 

Really I was searching here I saw a lot applied with no problem online 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, linuxma said:

Really I was searching here I saw a lot applied with no problem online 

And some applied online and had problems.  

The most infamous being:

Edited by Mike E

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Do it online just not on the very first eligibility day. May be a few days after you are eligible so that no matter what sort of timezone the software uses, it doesn't mark as more that. 90 day early filing.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Just now, arken said:

Do it online just not on the very first eligibility day. May be a few days after you are eligible so that no matter what sort of timezone the software uses, it doesn't mark as more that. 90 day early filing.

I m  eligible since  this January 2 when would be the perfect time to apply 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
7 minutes ago, linuxma said:

I m  eligible since  this January 2 when would be the perfect time to apply 

There is no such perfect time, it's just avoiding their software glitch. Filing later this week onward should be of no problem.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

What’s the basis for the hypothesis  that the software glitch won’t happen if filed today? Perhaps in decades of writing code there was some law of software glitches that I missed along the way.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Please do a timeline

and both above are experienced in  the processes here so read their posts and do whatever makes u comfortable

just remember to keep copies of what u mail if you do it that way

good to get a signed receipt if u go thru USPS 

my opinion -online as winter weather and covid illnesses are now affecting all forms of traffic including postal transportation, cargo flight like UPS, Fed ex and deliveries of packages and mail

Edited by JeanneAdil

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
16 hours ago, linuxma said:

Many people use online filing.. i did… no issues at all. If you do file online, you can add a scan or photo of your extension letter and the NOA for your I 751 into the document upload section of   your application 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lil bear said:

Many people use online filing.. i did… no issues at all. If you do file online, you can add a scan or photo of your extension letter and the NOA for your I 751 into the document upload section of   your application 

Thank you 🙏 I have a pending I-751 what is all documents I should scan and upload online I really would appreciate it if you can share with me what all stuff I should submit during filling the application 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, linuxma said:

Thank you 🙏 I have a pending I-751 what is all documents I should scan and upload online I really would appreciate it if you can share with me what all stuff I should submit during filling the application 

The instructions found on the USCIS website N400 form give you detailed information about documentation.  I would upload the I797 that you received for your I 751.  They can see the state of your application . 

Timeline

It depends on your preference and personal circumstances.

For example, if you are sure you won't be moving for at least a year and live in the same residence where you intend to apply, I would consider a mail-in application. Advantage of a paper application is that you don't deal with a glitchy website and don't upload your personal documents on the internet (yes, it's secure, but we all know that data leaks happen regularly and get compromised).  think its a big advantage of paper filing, but its just me. Advantage of online filing is that it is simple and you can upload your potential RFEs online, and its processed fast.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
23 hours ago, linuxma said:

I did apply online the first day of eligibility with no problems. The system will ask you to upload  several documents and at the end will ask for the payment. Make sure you have all your documents scanned pdf format in your pc. no more than 2 MB in size. You can save temporary but you can not edit the application after you submit it but you may upload more documents the following days.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Sagior said:

I did apply online the first day of eligibility with no problems. The system will ask you to upload  several documents and at the end will ask for the payment. Make sure you have all your documents scanned pdf format in your pc. no more than 2 MB in size. You can save temporary but you can not edit the application after you submit it but you may upload more documents the following days.

I really I will appreciate if you can share your checklist of documents you uploaded 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.