TedBrosby

OCTOBER 2021 NVC SUBMISSIONS

238 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, LukeandMegan said:

Well, I just got my email.  I am DQ'd today!  Submission was 10/30/21.  I am relieved and excited! 

congrats!!!! you're almost there.. ;)  

Hopefully, we'll get an update on our case by tomorrow, we submitted our docs on 10/31/2021. 🤞 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

Well fellow Applicants & Petitioners, we heard from NVC yesterday but they said we submitted an expired doc. The police certificate was expired, which was true. We actually did not need one according to their rules (my spouse left the country over year ago) and I submitted a copy of their rules along with the expired doc. In any case, good enough we were able to obtain a current police certificate while we were waiting so it's no issue. We just uploaded it. But my concern is, will we go to the back of the line again, or will they quickly review this one document? All other documents changed from uploaded to "accepted". The comment they left was:

image.png.0d99fcbbfd03af82ecc04417f1ce281d.png

Timeline
8 hours ago, LukeandMegan said:

Well, I just got my email.  I am DQ'd today!  Submission was 10/30/21.  I am relieved and excited! 

Congrats!!! We almost were too! Getting there! One step closer. God bless. 

10 hours ago, LukeandMegan said:

Congratsss for the DQ!! One less step! Couple of weeks till mine I hope.. Need to be extra patient 🙂

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
28 minutes ago, R.R said:

Congratsss for the DQ!! One less step! Couple of weeks till mine I hope.. Need to be extra patient 🙂

Same timeline here. the last couple of weeks are the hardest as far as waiting

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

2 hours ago, EmTi said:

Well fellow Applicants & Petitioners, we heard from NVC yesterday but they said we submitted an expired doc. The police certificate was expired, which was true. We actually did not need one according to their rules (my spouse left the country over year ago) and I submitted a copy of their rules along with the expired doc. In any case, good enough we were able to obtain a current police certificate while we were waiting so it's no issue. We just uploaded it. But my concern is, will we go to the back of the line again, or will they quickly review this one document? All other documents changed from uploaded to "accepted". The comment they left was:

image.png.0d99fcbbfd03af82ecc04417f1ce281d.png

I’m sorry.  I hope it goes smoothly this time.  It is so hard waiting.  

Timeline
2 minutes ago, LukeandMegan said:

I’m sorry.  I hope it goes smoothly this time.  It is so hard waiting.  

Thank you. I hope so too. I was disappointed at first. But am grateful we have the document handy and could easily upload it. All is well.  

Our case was reviewed today and NVC rejected one document that I submitted under the "NZ Police Certificate" section.
Apparently, the NZ police department sends the results of Police verification directly to the US consulate and NVC who then upload this information on NVC so not sure why they have rejected it. I guess, will have to call and verify with them on this. Sigh. 

All other documents were accepted, even the ones that we uploaded on 16-Jan-2022 under additional documents. 

** Submission Date - 10/31/2021**

Edited by Ash23122

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 2/4/2022 at 9:08 AM, Ash23122 said:

Our case was reviewed today and NVC rejected one document that I submitted under the "NZ Police Certificate" section.
Apparently, the NZ police department sends the results of Police verification directly to the US consulate and NVC who then upload this information on NVC so not sure why they have rejected it. I guess, will have to call and verify with them on this. Sigh. 

All other documents were accepted, even the ones that we uploaded on 16-Jan-2022 under additional documents. 

** Submission Date - 10/31/2021**

I'm sorry to hear that...  

I guess you can call NVC and see if they can do something about this?  

Is there a thread for "after DQ until interview notice"?  

We were DQ'ed January 22nd but haven't heard about the interview date yet. The embassy for our country says that NVC will notify us directly when the date is set.  

4 hours ago, TedBrosby said:

I'm sorry to hear that...  

I guess you can call NVC and see if they can do something about this?  

Is there a thread for "after DQ until interview notice"?  

We were DQ'ed January 22nd but haven't heard about the interview date yet. The embassy for our country says that NVC will notify us directly when the date is set.  

Thanks and I did call them on Friday last week. They are going to send my case to a supervisor for review and I’ll have to wait for another 6 weeks for an update, which is quite disappointing as it’s not even my fault. :( 

Not sure if there’s any group for “after DQ until interview notice". Perhaps others can comment on that. 

yeah, usually NVC schedules the visa interview. I’d suggest to create a seperate post on that so ppl from the same country can provide inputs. 

Timeline

Are there any updates from today?

It is awfully quiet here today 😭😂🤬🤪

Timeline

NVC is officially past October now and started processing November 2021 submissions:

image.png.5dd862968dc40c1b8d254f6eb6e148a7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.