TedBrosby

OCTOBER 2021 NVC SUBMISSIONS

238 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, etrangais said:

You'll be alright

I live in Ohio also, in the Cincinnati area

Seems like a hell of a wait for your NVC review, hoping it speeds up for you. Must be a lot of November submissions as the NVC seems to have slowed down so much.

Ohio is a great place, seen quite a few heading over there on VJ! We are going to be up in Akron or Cuyahoga Falls

11 hours ago, syedashah said:

@ohiohopeful Thanks i hope so i will get date soon, could you please share the list of documents you prepared fro interview just make sure i have everything handy.

So for the embassy interview, i'm taking:

- NVC Appt Letter

- Passport

- 2 x US Passport Photos

- DS260 Confirmation Page

- Original Birth Certificate

- I-864 Forms submitted to NVC for spouse and joint sponsor

- All financial docs submitted for sponsors, i.e. 1099, W2, transcript

- Spouse passport copy

- Evidence of relationship (Couple of pages with pictures, screenshots etc)

- Original marriage certificate and photocopy

- Police Certificate

This is what I could find for the London embassy appt online, maybe someone has some advice on what to leave out or include on top of this list?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 hours ago, ohiohopeful said:

So for the embassy interview, i'm taking:

- NVC Appt Letter

- Passport

- 2 x US Passport Photos

- DS260 Confirmation Page

- Original Birth Certificate

- I-864 Forms submitted to NVC for spouse and joint sponsor

- All financial docs submitted for sponsors, i.e. 1099, W2, transcript

- Spouse passport copy

- Evidence of relationship (Couple of pages with pictures, screenshots etc)

- Original marriage certificate and photocopy

- Police Certificate

This is what I could find for the London embassy appt online, maybe someone has some advice on what to leave out or include on top of this list?

Did they request the financial documents or are you doing that as an abundance of precaution?

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

On 2/22/2022 at 12:54 PM, etrangais said:

Did they request the financial documents or are you doing that as an abundance of precaution?

Maybe you can help me decipher, as it seems contradictory on the US Gov website.

It states "Every visa applicant, no matter their age, must bring certain documents to the interview, including photographs, and the original or certified copy version of all civil documents submitted to NVC. You do not need to bring your Affidavit of Support or financial evidence you submitted to NVC." (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview.html)

BUT, if you then go through to look at embassy specific instructions, for London it states "The appropriate Form I-864 Affidavit of Support for each financial sponsor along with a photocopy of the sponsor’s IRS transcript or most recent U.S. federal income tax return, and any relevant W-2s." (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/LND-London.html)

So, i'm taking my financial docs to the embassy, would you agree?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, ohiohopeful said:

Maybe you can help me decipher, as it seems contradictory on the US Gov website.

It states "Every visa applicant, no matter their age, must bring certain documents to the interview, including photographs, and the original or certified copy version of all civil documents submitted to NVC. You do not need to bring your Affidavit of Support or financial evidence you submitted to NVC." (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview.html)

BUT, if you then go through to look at embassy specific instructions, for London it states "The appropriate Form I-864 Affidavit of Support for each financial sponsor along with a photocopy of the sponsor’s IRS transcript or most recent U.S. federal income tax return, and any relevant W-2s." (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/LND-London.html)

So, i'm taking my financial docs to the embassy, would you agree?

I agree 100%. Take them with you just in case: better to have them and not need them, than to need them and not have them

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

On 12/19/2021 at 10:16 PM, Saqib-s said:

Yep that's correct, officially each time you hit submit it resets the clock, but we've seen many add docuemtns before being reviewed and they get reviewed on their original submission date. If you look through the Sep and Aug threads you'll see these posted there. 

I was about to submit my birth certificate  as "petitioner's birth certificate" in additional documents, but if you say it resets, then I won't upload no more pay stub or any documet. They only ask for applicants birth certificate.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally. Unexpectedly received DQ after a long wait. I was about to lose a hope since most folks received feedback during February!! 

52 minutes ago, hellomarissa said:

Did you submit documents in December?

I submitted all the required docs on late september-early October, then i added optional ones on January. I thought it would take till April since around February, they were reviewing docs submitted on October. I assume, they did not touch my case until now, so i wasted time on stressing over that. 

27 minutes ago, ali.cha said:

I submitted all the required docs on late september-early October, then i added optional ones on January. I thought it would take till April since around February, they were reviewing docs submitted on October. I assume, they did not touch my case until now, so i wasted time on stressing over that. 

Congrats!!! When was the exact date you submitted those optional docs in January?

1 minute ago, hellomarissa said:

Congrats!!! When was the exact date you submitted those optional docs in January?

Yeah, thank you! It's been a long journey and worth of waiting. 

It was around January 15, right on weekend. It's funny, that I uploaded them so much earlier but never hit the button "submit". So guys, be mindful about these tricks, each time when you upload anything, click submit. 

2 minutes ago, ali.cha said:

Yeah, thank you! It's been a long journey and worth of waiting. 

It was around January 15, right on weekend. It's funny, that I uploaded them so much earlier but never hit the button "submit". So guys, be mindful about these tricks, each time when you upload anything, click submit. 

When does it exactly say in your NVC portal that it was uploaded? I'm just curious because I had that exact trick happen to me! I resubmitted docs on January 12th... so it's amazing they are starting to review January!!

4 minutes ago, hellomarissa said:

When does it exactly say in your NVC portal that it was uploaded? I'm just curious because I had that exact trick happen to me! I resubmitted docs on January 12th... so it's amazing they are starting to review January!!

Ughh, I am not too sure... All the dates showed are the original time i uploaded. See attached snaps, excluding optional docs. What is your original date you submitted documents? Another time I'd recommend to call NVC, but they are useless - they'll be repeating the same info that you see on our account.

image.png.0186e37b739e4dc9c9180ebc06248d56.pngimage.png.d10387983912dcd135d0a89ae3ac7dde.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.