glazierguy

Travel to phillipines

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone have inside knowledge or actual facts on when US citizens are allowed to travel to manila? I’ve heard you need a visa now, I’ve heard we have to be on the green list country, I’ve heard it’s a mandatory 10 day quarantine at a specific hotel. I just really want to go visit my fiancé, the waiting is really hard. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

****I moved this topic to the Philippines regional forum***

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, glazierguy said:

Seems for years no matter what I post, someone always feels the need to move it!

Your question is very specific to the PHILIPPINES.......It is not a question about K-1 process and procedures.  There are Philippines experts who monitor the is regional forum.  I am confident that one of those experts can answer your question faster and more accurately than others (like me).  The Philippines experts will have the actual facts you are seeking. 

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

To add, a 15 minute browse of the Philippines regional forum would have quickly yielded very recent posts from US citizens who have successfully travelled to/from the Philippines.

Nevertheless, here are some short answers:

- US citizens who travel with their Filipino spouses do not need visas. They can use the balikbayan privilege.

- US citizens who are travelling alone to the Philippines, but who have a spouse or child in the Philippines, need to apply for a 9a visa. Each Philippine consulate in the US has its own requirements. Check the website of the consulate that covers your US state.

- There are other exemptions, but your case doesn't seem to qualify as an exemption. See: https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

Timeline
13 hours ago, glazierguy said:

Seems for years no matter what I post, someone always feels the need to move it!

I don't claim to be the most knowledgeable but when interesting topics get moved by the key board cops I can never find the "Forum" they are talking about.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, PWB said:

I don't claim to be the most knowledgeable but when interesting topics get moved by the key board cops I can never find the "Forum" they are talking about.  

The complete list of forums is under the...FORUMS header.  This particular thread was moved there because the OP asked a specific Manila question.  For your information, organizers do not not have the ability to delete threads......but organizers can move threads to the appropriate existing forum.

image.thumb.png.095e23abe2e27c9704fe5794f0c25f43.png

Edited by Crazy Cat

Timeline
7 minutes ago, glazierguy said:

I agree, it gets moved then little to no responses other then the people that moved you!!!!  Lol

Exactly where do you think a post asking a specific question about entry requirements for Manila or the Philippines belongs?  Is there a more relevant area than the Philippines regional forum?  In this case, @Adventine has provided you with an outstanding answer.

Edited by Crazy Cat

Are some posters on this thread checking the forums only on their phones? Because I agree that the various regional and subforums aren't obvious at all on mobile. But on desktop, like in @Crazy Cat's example, it's much easier to find all the different categories. Clicking on this link and scrolling down, and you'll see much better how the website is organized: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/

Same for the Search function - it's very good at finding specific info, but works much better on desktop.

Edited by Adventine

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Adventine said:

Are some posters on this thread checking the forums only on their phones? Because I agree that the various regional and subforums aren't obvious at all on mobile. But on desktop, like in @Crazy Cat's example, it's much easier to find all the different categories. Clicking on this link and scrolling down, and you'll see much better how the website is organized: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/

Same for the Search function - it's very good at finding specific info, but works much better on desktop.

You're right......My fingers work better on my laptop keyboard than my phone.   LOL...

1 hour ago, glazierguy said:

I agree, it gets moved then little to no responses other then the people that moved you!!!!  Lol

It seems that you have got a very good response.

15 hours ago, Adventine said:

- US citizens who travel with their Filipino spouses do not need visas. They can use the balikbayan privilege.

- US citizens who are travelling alone to the Philippines, but who have a spouse or child in the Philippines, need to apply for a 9a visa. Each Philippine consulate in the US has its own requirements. Check the website of the consulate that covers your US state.

- There are other exemptions, but your case doesn't seem to qualify as an exemption. See: https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

The above is all correct. I was there less than a month ago and there have already been changes to the policies. For up to date accurate information you can check out the Bureau of Immigration, Republic of the Philippines Facebook page. It is always updated with every new change and they answer PM's.

I arrived 3 days ago here in the Philippines, I came on a 9a visa since I have a wife and child who live here. If you are asking about a tourist visa they have not re-opened yet, December 1st they are opening to the green countries but there are some stipulations to arriving here. It couple of things are not very clear about it.

The 10 day quarantine is gone.

There is a 3 day, 5 day and 7 day.

You can get the 3 day  for fully vaccinated travelers and if you have a vaccination card that they accept and you must have a covid test taken within 72 hours of arriving.

5 day quarantine for fully vaccinated travelers and if you have a vaccination card they accept and without a covid test.

7 day quarantine for unvaccinated or a vaccination card they can't confirm. 

The funny thing about the vaccination card it all depends on who is checking your card in the One Health Pass system, it's not the person at the airport which I thought for the longest time. When you apply for your One Health Pass 24 hours before traveling you upload your vaccination card as well as your covid test if you have one.  

Currently the rumor is the US and Canada are going to be moved to the green list December 15th so at that time the tourist visas will reopen for those countries with the stipulations people are still trying to figure out what they mean by them. The issue is the stipulations are a bit vague or seem to be incomplete like they are still working out the rules.  

Timeline
12 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

Exactly where do you think a post asking a specific question about entry requirements for Manila or the Philippines belongs?  Is there a more relevant area than the Philippines regional forum?  In this case, @Adventine has provided you with an outstanding answer.

Not going to argue with you since you have the overwhelming power to censor me for life.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.