glazierguy

Travel to phillipines

18 posts in this topic

On 11/26/2021 at 1:55 PM, Kby175 said:

I arrived 3 days ago here in the Philippines, I came on a 9a visa since I have a wife and child who live here. If you are asking about a tourist visa they have not re-opened yet, December 1st they are opening to the green countries but there are some stipulations to arriving here. It couple of things are not very clear about it.

The 10 day quarantine is gone.

There is a 3 day, 5 day and 7 day.

You can get the 3 day  for fully vaccinated travelers and if you have a vaccination card that they accept and you must have a covid test taken within 72 hours of arriving.

5 day quarantine for fully vaccinated travelers and if you have a vaccination card they accept and without a covid test.

7 day quarantine for unvaccinated or a vaccination card they can't confirm. 

The funny thing about the vaccination card it all depends on who is checking your card in the One Health Pass system, it's not the person at the airport which I thought for the longest time. When you apply for your One Health Pass 24 hours before traveling you upload your vaccination card as well as your covid test if you have one.  

Currently the rumor is the US and Canada are going to be moved to the green list December 15th so at that time the tourist visas will reopen for those countries with the stipulations people are still trying to figure out what they mean by them. The issue is the stipulations are a bit vague or seem to be incomplete like they are still working out the rules.  

Excellent information. I will only add my experience to this. I arrived in Manila on 11-20-2021 with a 9a(spousal visa) also...no tourist visas yet. I stayed at the Diamond hotel(you need to find an approved quarantine hotel booked in advanced). The hotel set up my covid test on Monday(3rd day of stay). I got my negative results the same day and they let me leave on the fourth day. I am currently on Mindanao waiting to take my wife and daughter back on a CR1. We are flying back Decmber 14th. Happy days!  Hope this helps.

10 hours ago, dnavinnie said:

Excellent information. I will only add my experience to this. I arrived in Manila on 11-20-2021 with a 9a(spousal visa) also...no tourist visas yet. I stayed at the Diamond hotel(you need to find an approved quarantine hotel booked in advanced). The hotel set up my covid test on Monday(3rd day of stay). I got my negative results the same day and they let me leave on the fourth day. I am currently on Mindanao waiting to take my wife and daughter back on a CR1. We are flying back Decmber 14th. Happy days!  Hope this helps.

Actually if you received a 9a, that is a tourist visa.  However you can only get a 9a if you have a spouse or child in the Philippines.  A 13a is a spouse visa.  The only reason I bring it up is if you decide to extend your visa, you will need to follow the normal process for tourist 9a extensions.

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

10 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

Actually if you received a 9a, that is a tourist visa.  However you can only get a 9a if you have a spouse or child in the Philippines.  A 13a is a spouse visa.  The only reason I bring it up is if you decide to extend your visa, you will need to follow the normal process for tourist 9a extensions.

Thanks @flicks1998. What I should have said is that I was able to get a 9A visa because I am a spouse.

I just want to add the people on this site are amazing at helping others with there immigrations questions. Any process can get very stressful so let's all keep a level head and help each other when possible. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.