gnothiseauton123

N-400 November 2021 Filers

414 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Nkrish83 said:

The harder part is to get a timely appointment at an agency near your location

You are right.... My brother had to travel a few states over for the appointment and thus the extra expence.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
22 hours ago, waiting4i130 said:

Thank you for all this information!

That means I cannot travel internationally after my oath ceremony and before I get my US passport I'm assuming since they will take the green card...

My wife was able to get an Urgent Travel Service appointment at a local facility for two days after her oath. She had her passport in two business days after that. She called the appointment line, the same evening she took her oath and was able to schedule said appointment. You have to be traveling with 14 days or 28 days if you need a visa. 

19 hours ago, Bob in Boston said:

That is correct. They do have a passport service if your traveling in 2 weeks or something like that but it will cost you.

Travel within 14 days or 28 days if a visa is needed.

15 hours ago, Nkrish83 said:

The passport service doesn't cost anything more than what you'd pay if you were applying at an acceptance facility like USPS.  The harder part is to get a timely appointment at an agency near your location. Depending on the criticality of your travel, you can search outside your general area and look for alternate location. Since you have a need to travel, that justifies the reason. 

This is correct. The price is the exact same as an expedited passport application. It seems like appointments are starting to get easier to find (that or my wife got insanely lucky). My wife called the same day she had her oath (in the evening), got an appointment for two days later and had her passport two business days after that. 

Edited by PedroDaGr8

Steps Before Citizenship:

Spoiler

K-1

09/24/2016 - I-129F Packet Submitted, 09/26/2016 - NOA1, 10/27/2016 - RFE Received

11/02/2016 - RFE Reply sent

11/09/2016 - NOA2

11/21/2016 - NVC Receives packet

12/12/2016 - Case left NVC for BKK Consulate

01/10/2017 - After travelling via the slowest route possible (likely via carrier pigeon) BKK Consulate receives packet

01/16/2017 - Packet 3 Instructions received 02/28/2017 - Packet 3 Instructions Completed

03/05/2017 - Packet 4 received (now the fun begins) --> 03/29/2017 - Interview disappears from the schedule on the embassy website -->03/30/2017 - She goes to her interview, is told they need to verify her documents since she is Vietnamese interviewing in Thailand, receives a 221G with 'Verification of Viet documents' as the reason. Gave back her passport.-->03/31/2017-04/04/2017 - Case is being continuously touched. We suspect that our case was approved at this point but they didn't have her passport. --> 04/10/2017 (10 days after interview) - Email emabssy to inquire about updates and if there was anything we could do to move things forward. (3h later) - She is told that she is approved and to expect her passport soon (how when they don't have it in their posession?) After clarification, instructed to send our passport to them. Ship out passport in a rush to beat Songkran (which failed) --> 04/11/2017 - Passport at embassy according to Thai Post Office --> 04/17/2017 - Emailed to confirm they received the passport. They issued an evasive answer about Songkran backlog (they love evasive non-committal answers)--> 04/24/2017  Evening - Case changes from Immigrant Visa to Non-Immigrant Visa and a new case created date is given --? 04/25/2017 morning  (less than 12h later) - Case flies through Ready -->Admin Processing --> Issued

04/26/2017 - Checks mail, passport is there. No mention of it being mailed out. 

05/02/2017 - Arrives in the USA, without Issue

06/17/2017 - Marriage!

AOS

7/01/17- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

7/03/17- Packet received

07/07/17 - SMS and Email notification of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP

07/13/17 - Received paper copies of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP

07/21/17 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

08/02/17 - Biometrics Appointment Completed 

11/04/17 - EAD Approved - New Card Is Ready For Production

11/09/17 - AP Approved, EAD - Card Produced Awaiting Mailing, EAD - Card Has Been Mailed.

11/13/17 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received. 

11/05/2018 - Received SMS Notification that Interview Has Been Scheduled

11/10/2018 - Received Paper Interview Notice

12/11/2018 - Interview Date
12/12/2018 - Approved

ROC

11/18/2020 - Mailed ROC packet

11/20/2020 - Packet received

01/16/2021 - Received NOA1 

05/28/2021 - Biometrics Waived

08/04/2021 - ROC Approved

08/11/2021 - GC received

Citizenship

09/15/2021 - N-400 Filed Electronically, NOA-1 received, Biometrics Waiver Received

07/01/2022 - Interview Notice Received
08/10/2022 - Interview Date, Approved, Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

My wife was able to get an Urgent Travel Service appointment at a local facility for two days after her oath. She had her passport in two business days after that. She called the appointment line, the same evening she took her oath and was able to schedule said appointment. You have to be traveling with 14 days or 28 days if you need a visa. 

Travel within 14 days or 28 days if a visa is needed.

This is correct. The price is the exact same as an expedited passport application. It seems like appointments are starting to get easier to find (that or my wife got insanely lucky). My wife called the same day she had her oath (in the evening), got an appointment for two days later and had her passport two business days after that. 

I booked my appointment as soon as I got my oath letter. Ceremony was in the morning and passport appointment was in the afternoon.

In my case the oath notice arrived a month prior to the ceremony so it was not difficult to find spots available.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

November 1, 2021   We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and sent you a receipt notice

November 1, 2021    We are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. Our records showed nothing is outstanding at this time.
July 22, 2022            We scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.

August 29, 2022       We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.

August 29, 2022       Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

Charlotte, NC USCIS Field Office 

4 hours ago, mveruovic said:

November 1, 2021   We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and sent you a receipt notice

November 1, 2021    We are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. Our records showed nothing is outstanding at this time.
July 22, 2022            We scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.

August 29, 2022       We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.

August 29, 2022       Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

Charlotte, NC USCIS Field Office 

Charlotte site is not doing same day Oath ceremony?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, AJT N400 said:

But other folks are saying some uscis site are doing oath ceremony same day after interview is passed. can you please explain N400 required a quality review , what does this mean ?

I think this is the time they need to schedule/organize the oath.

My case changed to “Quality Review” after I passed the interview (which was in June). Then the oath was schedule for August, in a basebol stadium, where 502 people became citizens (there was around 1500 people - applicants plus family/friends).

I am not saying this is the reason… I am just assuming.

Edited by intertech

Timeline
On 8/31/2022 at 6:53 PM, OldUser said:

The N400 required a quality review, could not be approved on same day.

Doesn't require quality check, you can see here on forum of fb groups thousands of people had same day Oath. 

@mveruovic were you approved on the spot and had a oath ceremony on the same day? From what I understood they didn't give you decision right after the interview due quality review? Then some time later in the day your N-400 was approved?

@AJT N400 asked why oath didn't take place on the same day as approval, and my understanding it was due to quality review.

I do not work at USCIS so cannot tell why review was needed. Maybe the IO is new and all of his decisions are reviewed by manager, maybe because I-751 was still pending. I don't think we'll ever know. But N-400 and oath on same day is never guaranteed. Be prepared but don't have an expectation it would be on the same day.

Timeline

What are you talking about? He asked about Charlotte office and same day Oath, I said maybe they are doing same day Oath but in my case I didn't have same day because of my i751. 

Are you my lawyer and now you are explaining my case? Even if you are approved on interview some offices doesn't provide same day Oath. He asked about Charlotte office.

@mveruovic All I was trying to do is to get more understanding of your circumstances to help @AJT N400 with their question. You don't have to answer anything and I am not your lawyer. Have a great day and thank you for sharing your experiences.

17 hours ago, intertech said:

I think this is the time they need to schedule/organize the oath.

My case changed to “Quality Review” after I passed the interview (which was in June). Then the oath was schedule for August, in a basebol stadium, where 502 people became citizens (there was around 1500 people - applicants plus family/friends).

I am not saying this is the reason… I am just assuming.

Well explained, never thought of that way. Thankyou and have a happy weekend.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.