Sarge2155

November 2021 - AOS Filers

248 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 6/11/2022 at 11:22 PM, inSaini said:

I-765 was approved today, saw in online portal.

I-485, still being reviewed.

AOS submitted end Nov and biometrics done end of Dec.

Received work authorization card and SSN shortly after this post.

Contacted a live agent earlier this week via chat and asked "if my case has been reccomended for interview?"

Agent notified me that my interview has been marked as waived.

Online portal still says "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS"

Not sure what to make of this, but hopefully a speedier GC approval!

Anyone have experience with this?

Timeline
5 hours ago, inSaini said:

Contacted a live agent earlier this week via chat and asked "if my case has been reccomended for interview?"

Looks like some filers from the group thread of September are getting approved without interview! Lets see, but not going to get too excited...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 8/3/2022 at 10:57 AM, inSaini said:

I see most people getting interview waived a lot recently. Maybe that might be your case. Figures crossed 🤞 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update on my case: I had my interview about 3 months ago but haven't received an update. Our attorney says it's a bit unusual since our interview went well, but nevertheless it can still take up to 120 to get a decision. We'll hit 120 says soon so hopefully we have some update by then. On the plus side we were able to get the combo card through expedite request! I already had work authorization, but the AP part is great to have. I'll be traveling to CDMX next week!

AOS Timeline.

Local field: Chicago

Adjusting from DACA/parolee status

• 10/28/2021: Application mailed (i-130/i-485/i-765/i-131).
  • 11/01/2021: Application received.
  • 11/03/2021: Biometrics reuse notice for i-485/i-765. Status of i-485 changed to "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed".
  • 03/14/2022: i-683 deficiency notice posted as a courtesy letter.
  • 04/08/2022: Interview scheduled for i-485 and i-130.
  • 05/25/2022: Attended interview at Chicago FO. Officer said case will be approved, but also gave us a note saying further review may be necessary.
  • 07/01/2022: Called USCIS and requested expedite request for AP for humanitarian reasons (ailing family member). Officer said they'll submit expedite request for AP and EAD.
  • 07/22/2022: E-mail notifying me my expedite request is under review. Later that day approval for EAD case number and AP case marked as closed. A week later combo card was received.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 9/3/2022 at 7:15 AM, Andres TG said:

Hi Nov 21 filers.

Have any of you seen movement on form I-131 Advanced Parole?

I'm getting impatient....

Same, haven't gotten anything on Advanced Parole. Not so Advanced anymore...

We got our EAD but it wasn't a combo card.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey everyone, is there any movement for anyone regarding the i-485? Is there anyone else here in Virginia using the Norfolk office?

For those who got their interview waived, did you say specific wording to the live chat or did you just check one day and your case was updated?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We're November filers and just had something strange happen.

• Had our interview in June - our interpreter didn't show.  The interviewer decided that a hastily-arranged substitute didn't meet his standards and the interview was canceled, with a follow-up NOA indicating that it would be rescheduled.
  • Have heard nothing from the USCIS on the application or new interview date, but in the meantime a family situation almost requires us to travel back to Thailand (we didn't apply for AP with the AOS submission).
  • Last week we submitted the AP application with the hopes that we could have it expedited after it is received.
  • Today we received two separate NOA's for the I-485.  The first one notifies us of a rescheduled AOS interview mid-October.  The second one cancels the same interview.  The Notice Date on both is the same.

It seems that these NOA's arrived too quickly to be related to the AP filing - the Notice Date is about 4 business days after I mailed the I-131.  But I can't imagine a scenario where an interview would be scheduled and then canceled on the same day.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 8/4/2022 at 5:21 PM, Pretty Eddy said:

I see most people getting interview waived a lot recently. Maybe that might be your case. Figures crossed 🤞 

Have you received any notices on yours? My husband is still waiting, I contacted "Ask Emma" yesterday to see if any updates could be provided, but the live agent said there is no time frame.

Timeline
3 hours ago, MrsAb2021 said:

Have you received any notices on yours? My husband is still waiting, I contacted "Ask Emma" yesterday to see if any updates could be provided, but the live agent said there is no time frame.

Nothing since I got my EAD in July. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, MrsAb2021 said:

Mine got his EAD in April, been silent ever since.

We are in the same boat, they been silent on our case. My field office is so slow. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Got an RFE this morning for marriage certificate. 

Had filed this with the application originally, but going to resend it later today.

It says I can either mail it in for scan and upload the information online, if applicable. When I log into my USCIS account it has a section to upload docs. Will do some research on this forum to see what is best action.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.