ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, candyg said:

Yeah, the CO asked me to attached the resume. I work in non-profit sector as a counsellor lmaoo. I have no experiences in engineering or sciences or anything with math to be honest. 

That's very weird 🤔 have you ever worked in another country? Thanks for letting me know though! 

Did anyone else here get asked for their resume? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Danii said:

Hey everyone, I put together an excel sheet. Let me know if there are any mistakes, I went through the pages very quickly so I may have forgot something. I also added the sheet to my signature. Let me know if there's anything else I should add/improve :D 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L8T4Yp7oWm0imRrEOEES_28QicBY1DsKKvMmEGMVPd4/edit#gid=0

(FYI @Banoo999, @GraceFace33 )

Thank you @Danii!! They requested additional documents from me as well (a court record), and I submitted on 9/28/21. This is so helpful. Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you for the spreadsheet @Danii! This is so helpful but also depressing at the same time :(  For me, you can change my interview date to DEC 13  add I sent back my 5535 on Dec 15 and was not required to send in any additional documents. 

Thank you so much and happy holidays to everyone, I hope you get your approvals soon!

Edited by Krisara

Timeline
12 hours ago, Danii said:

Hey everyone, I put together an excel sheet. Let me know if there are any mistakes, I went through the pages very quickly so I may have forgot something. I also added the sheet to my signature. Let me know if there's anything else I should add/improve :D 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L8T4Yp7oWm0imRrEOEES_28QicBY1DsKKvMmEGMVPd4/edit#gid=0

This is very helpful! Looks like I’m leading the charge in longest time waiting since sending in the form 😅🥲

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline
11 hours ago, Danii said:

That's very weird 🤔 have you ever worked in another country? Thanks for letting me know though! 

Did anyone else here get asked for their resume? 

Nope, only ever worked in Ontario. It's strange though. I work with lots of refugees and people with precarious immigration status in Canada. 

Merry Christmas (Whatever you celebrate) for all of you, maybe Santa brings us that visa and allow us to keep going with our lives.

Timeline
2 hours ago, candyg said:

Nope, only ever worked in Ontario. It's strange though. I work with lots of refugees and people with precarious immigration status in Canada. 

The primary reason people are given DS5535 is because their name matches (perhaps only vaguely) with someone on their “bad guy list.” My theory is one of the reasons they ask for resumes is when that bad guy you match with has a technical education/ work history. They maybe want to check for similarities to ensure you are not the same person.

Nice job with the spreadsheet @Danii!

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
16 hours ago, Danii said:

Hi Danii, Great idea! Thanks for creating this excel sheet. I sent my DS5535 form on Dec. 12. I received a confirmation from the consulate the following day. My case was last updated on Dec 20 but it still shows as refused. Hopefully, we will all hear good news in January.

6 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

The primary reason people are given DS5535 is because their name matches (perhaps only vaguely) with someone on their “bad guy list.” My theory is one of the reasons they ask for resumes is when that bad guy you match with has a technical education/ work history. They maybe want to check for similarities to ensure you are not the same person.

Nice job with the spreadsheet @Danii!

If the name matches a bad guy then the finger prints they collect won’t match and should clear that up. That would only take like 2 week to run it. Also for the resume that’s really strange never heard of that before or maybe they just said resume and really mean work history :s

Timeline
3 hours ago, Twiz&Toz said:

If the name matches a bad guy then the finger prints they collect won’t match and should clear that up. That would only take like 2 week to run it. Also for the resume that’s really strange never heard of that before or maybe they just said resume and really mean work history :s

Yeah but many of the bad guys on the list might not even have fingerprint records that they have. Just people who are of concern internationally but have never been arrested.

Timeline

Thank you @Danii for adding me! Happy Holidays to you as well and your family.

My Interview was on Nov 10. My last update was Dec 15. While I didn't receive a DS5535, I only had a pending Medical report, it certainly feels I've been placed on similar waiting period...

Timeline
On 12/25/2021 at 9:17 AM, CAN_PA said:

Thank you @Danii for adding me! Happy Holidays to you as well and your family.

My Interview was on Nov 10. My last update was Dec 15. While I didn't receive a DS5535, I only had a pending Medical report, it certainly feels I've been placed on similar waiting period...

Did you contact them once they got your medical?  And when did they get your medical? Might be worth it to email them and ask if they got your medical and for updates 

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.