Steele13

Is Instagram an IMB??

29 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Steele13 said:

I met my fiance on Instagram which does not mention IMB in their TOS. Since they are owned by Facebook do I just print out the TOS for Facebook to include with my I-129?

Yes, I would recommend doing that.  I met my wife off facebook and I printed the TOS from there.  

1 hour ago, Steele13 said:

We exchanged phone numbers and mainly message and video call through whatsapp. We only have 4 messages on Instagram, so do I need to include those or just the conversations and call logs from whatsapp?

Neither

3 minutes ago, Steele13 said:

I thought I had to show messages and call logs in my proof of evidence of relationship in my I-129f application packet. Am I wrong?

If you read the instructions carefully, nowhere does it say proof of relationship evidence is required. I sent zero chat logs/call logs. 

to add: chat logs and call logs are probably the weakest proof of a bona fide relationship 

Edited by powerpuff

1 minute ago, Steele13 said:

So your application was approved without including messages and call logs??

Yep. Application approved and visa received.

1 minute ago, Steele13 said:

The instructions you are referring to are the I-129f instructions?

Yes. On USCIS.gov

Edited by powerpuff

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Steele13 said:

So your application was approved without including messages and call logs?? The instructions you are referring to are the I-129f instructions?

You are confusing "front loading" with the actual requirements of the I-129F.

Some people front load with relationship evidence for the embassy to review once the petition is approved.  USCIS does not review that or care.  

Relationship evidence is required for the interview at the embassy/consulate.

I-129F requires that you both are free to marry, that you have physically met within the last two years, you intend to marry each other within 90 days of arriving in the US with the visa, and that if you met via a marriage broker that the broker followed IMBRA guidelines.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

What country?

some of the high fraud countries need additional proof and they are known for not looking at evidence bought into interview

Edited by JeanneAdil

1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

What country?

some of the high fraud countries need additional proof and they are known for not looking at evidence bought into interview

As JeanneAdil said it is advisable to front load the petition for some embassies. What country is your fiance from?

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

What country?

Poland

12 minutes ago, Carpe Vinum said:

As JeanneAdil said it is advisable to front load the petition for some embassies. What country is your fiance from?

Poland

1 hour ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

You are confusing "front loading" with the actual requirements of the I-129F.

Some people front load with relationship evidence for the embassy to review once the petition is approved.  USCIS does not review that or care.  

Relationship evidence is required for the interview at the embassy/consulate.

I-129F requires that you both are free to marry, that you have physically met within the last two years, you intend to marry each other within 90 days of arriving in the US with the visa, and that if you met via a marriage broker that the broker followed IMBRA guidelines.

So I need to print out the TOS from Facebook for Instagram for the IMBRA, correct?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.