Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, ACC24 said:

Has anyone recently taken Hep B vaccine recently? It appears like this is a requirement now for 18-59yr group and we might get 1st dose before we go to medicals and probably 2nd dose before our schedule interview on Mar 27, 2023. Does the doctor office sent the medical report to Montreal consulate as "completed" or " vaccine series started... partially completed... etc. Is there a specific way they need to report for the consulate to not question us anything about medicals or reason to delay after the interview? Any experiences is highly appreciated! Thanks

I got my hep A and B a few days before my medical to save some time and cost at the clinic. They didn’t administer another dose at the clinic for it even though it’s a three dose vaccine because they need to be spaced out (I think it’s one month for the second dose and 6 months for the third, but don’t quote me on that). When I finished my medical, they told me my case was completed and that I didn’t need to come in again. So, I’m assuming that I don’t need to get the second dose before my interview either way, because the only thing the consulate is gonna see is the report they give at the time of the exam. Essentially what I think is that you don’t need to stress after the exam about your vaccines. But then again, I haven’t gone in for my interview yet.

15 minutes ago, Beefybabygirl said:

I got my hep A and B a few days before my medical to save some time and cost at the clinic. They didn’t administer another dose at the clinic for it even though it’s a three dose vaccine because they need to be spaced out (I think it’s one month for the second dose and 6 months for the third, but don’t quote me on that). When I finished my medical, they told me my case was completed and that I didn’t need to come in again. So, I’m assuming that I don’t need to get the second dose before my interview either way, because the only thing the consulate is gonna see is the report they give at the time of the exam. Essentially what I think is that you don’t need to stress after the exam about your vaccines. But then again, I haven’t gone in for my interview yet.

That is a good news! By any chance did you do your medical in Ontario, Canada? Did they give the sealed envelope to be take to the consulate with you for the interview or they are sending directly to the consulate? Did they give you any copy of the medical records as a proof of what they are sending to the consulate? I just want to be prepared and ask questions accordingly during medicals if needed so that the documentation is clear.

When is you interview scheduled at Montreal? Thanks much!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, ACC24 said:

That is a good news! By any chance did you do your medical in Ontario, Canada? Did they give the sealed envelope to be take to the consulate with you for the interview or they are sending directly to the consulate? Did they give you any copy of the medical records as a proof of what they are sending to the consulate? I just want to be prepared and ask questions accordingly during medicals if needed so that the documentation is clear.

Since covid, the medicals, irrespective of whether you have them done in BC, QC or ON, are all sent digitally to the Consulate.  

The medical is VERY basic.  You'll have more information from your family doctor than the immi medical collects.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

5 hours ago, ACC24 said:

Like another user said, it’ll be sent electronically, although I hope they send a copy to the applicants as well. I’d like to know what the consulate will see before the interview. I’m scheduled for March 6th :) 

Folks, I have a question about one of the reasons from a list of common rejection reasons - 

Lack of domicile (bring as much as you can but it would appear that a formal lease (not just a letter) is what they are looking for)

Trying to understand if this domicile for me (Canadian PR) or for the sponsoring spouse (US Citizen)? 

6 hours ago, ind2can said:

Folks, I have a question about one of the reasons from a list of common rejection reasons - 

Trying to understand if this domicile for me (Canadian PR) or for the sponsoring spouse (US Citizen)? 

Your sponsoring US spouse, all domicile stuff is about them. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Sadie085 said:

Hi everyone, 

Do I need my US citizen spouse with me when I cross the border for the first time? 

Thanks

From what I understand, no, but your spouse needs to cross the border either before or at the same time as you. He or she cannot cross *after* you.

Timeline
1 hour ago, NYQC said:

hey guys! when you get your passport and visa package via purolator, do you open that purolator envelope? or leave it sealed? 

Yes, you need to open it up to get your passport with the visa inside. There is no visa package, it's all electronic now.

Timeline

Hi everyone! Pretty new to this forum but very glad I’ve found it.

We were DQ-ed on February 1st 2023, and awaiting our interview letter. We were married April 22nd 2021, and I’m wondering whether anyone knows if the visa class will change automatically from CR1 to IR1 assuming our interview and approval are after our 2 year anniversary (which I’m pretty sure they will be if processing time remains as long as it is at the moment). Do we need to file anything or will they just automatically have it switched and give me an IR1 visa if our interview is after April 22nd?

thanks so much in advance!

10 hours ago, terter22 said:

Do we need to file anything or will they just automatically have it switched and give me an IR1 visa if our interview is after April 22nd?

The consulate should issue IR1 visa if your interview is after your 2nd wedding anniversary.  No action required from you to switch the visa class.  But whether you get a CR1 or IR1 visa, what matters is the date of your 1st US entry with the visa.  Even if you somehow get a CR1 visa, if you first enter the US after your 2nd wedding anniversary, you are entitled to a 10-year green card.  If you receive a 2-year GC by mistake, you may file I-90 for free, to get the card replaced with a 10-year GC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.