Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, ShawnK said:

Not a fan of living in Canada, can't wait to leave.

What's wrong with living in Canada? I doubt you will find this audience particularly in agreement with you.  I might be wrong, but my I guess that most of us just want to live with family, while still retaining a certain fondness for Canada.  However, I hope you find your spouse's country more agreeable than you have found your own.

19 hours ago, ShawnK said:

I really hope so, I would guess by the end of February. Not a fan of living in Canada, can't wait to leave.

Based on some quick analysis I did yesterday, I think you should see an April, perhaps even May interview.

I scanned the timelines of a variety of folks who now show scheduled interview dates for IR1/CR1, and it seems like some in the mid/later October DQ dates got mid-late March interview dates.

2 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Based on some quick analysis I did yesterday, I think you should see an April, perhaps even May interview.

I scanned the timelines of a variety of folks who now show scheduled interview dates for IR1/CR1, and it seems like some in the mid/later October DQ dates got mid-late March interview dates.

Hope so, even a few Nov 9 DQ folks got their IL Monday morning (see previous page).

Fingers crossed for Dec 1 DQ folks.

Hi everyone,

just wanted to share with you some good news

i just got my passport back with the visa

3 month on the dot in administrative processing, from october 2022-Jan 2023..

stay strong and positive, 

btw, when you see status date change it definitely means an update to your info or case, not just someone looked at your file.

my status date changed 5 times, clearance obtained by the 3rd time date changed and after 2 month stand still without any movement since October. 
when dates change subsequently and quick after each other then possibly the good news will come right after.

Timeline
On 2/2/2023 at 11:25 PM, CAN_VISA said:

Hi everyone,

just wanted to share with you some good news

i just got my passport back with the visa

3 month on the dot in administrative processing, from october 2022-Jan 2023..

stay strong and positive, 

btw, when you see status date change it definitely means an update to your info or case, not just someone looked at your file.

my status date changed 5 times, clearance obtained by the 3rd time date changed and after 2 month stand still without any movement since October. 
when dates change subsequently and quick after each other then possibly the good news will come right after.

Hi @CAN_VISA! Congratulations on receiving your visa after AP. We are in a similar boat as you. (I have 2 questions for you at the end) My husband had his interview Jan 9 and was delayed due to the police certificate requirements changing (obviously we didn't know). The interviewing officer was pleasasnt and said everything is perfect and checks out but we need the new police certificate in order to move forward. She also mentioned that once they receive the new police certificate, it will be 2-3 weeks until we hear back from them (3 weeks will be feb 16th.) They kept my husbands passport which i think is obviously a good thing. There has also been a change in his CEAC last updated date- it was stuck on Jan 9, the day of his interview, and now it is Jan 31. 

My questions are:

Did you receive any notification from NVC or AIS that your passport has been shipped back? 

How soon was the CEAC updated in coorelation with receiving back your passport? 

Its so hard to stay positive, especially when the delay is over something so silly  and little. I just want to cross over the border already to start our lives there. Each day feels like a year passing. 

Thanks for your time to read and answer. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, NYQC said:

She also mentioned that once they receive the new police certificate, it will be 2-3 weeks until we hear back from them

Add at least 3 weeks onto whatever timeline the Consular Officer gives you. And then cross your fingers that you don't have to wait even longer.  When they get the requested document(s), expect the CEAC last updated date to change at least a few times in "administrative processing," eventually followed by "refused," and finally "issued."

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Family One said:

Add at least 3 weeks onto whatever timeline the Consular Officer gives you. And then cross your fingers that you don't have to wait even longer.  When they get the requested document(s), expect the CEAC last updated date to change at least a few times in "administrative processing," eventually followed by "refused," and finally "issued."

it’s only ever said “refused”. we didn’t go into administrative processing at all. we were just handed a 221g for the new police certificate which they now have. 

i know it can take the 60 days after the interview for AP. maybe that will apply here as well 

On 2/7/2023 at 1:28 PM, NYQC said:

Hi @CAN_VISA! Congratulations on receiving your visa after AP. We are in a similar boat as you. (I have 2 questions for you at the end) My husband had his interview Jan 9 and was delayed due to the police certificate requirements changing (obviously we didn't know). The interviewing officer was pleasasnt and said everything is perfect and checks out but we need the new police certificate in order to move forward. She also mentioned that once they receive the new police certificate, it will be 2-3 weeks until we hear back from them (3 weeks will be feb 16th.) They kept my husbands passport which i think is obviously a good thing. There has also been a change in his CEAC last updated date- it was stuck on Jan 9, the day of his interview, and now it is Jan 31. 

My questions are:

Did you receive any notification from NVC or AIS that your passport has been shipped back? 

How soon was the CEAC updated in coorelation with receiving back your passport? 

Its so hard to stay positive, especially when the delay is over something so silly  and little. I just want to cross over the border already to start our lives there. Each day feels like a year passing. 

Thanks for your time to read and answer. 

Hey! What do you mean by the police certificate changes? I’m going in for my interview March 6th and I wanna make sure that I’m not gonna have any trouble. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

welcome to the thread new people with March interviews! Please complete your VJ timelines :)

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Has anyone recently taken Hep B vaccine recently? It appears like this is a requirement now for 18-59yr group and we might get 1st dose before we go to medicals and probably 2nd dose before our schedule interview on Mar 27, 2023. Does the doctor office sent the medical report to Montreal consulate as "completed" or " vaccine series started... partially completed... etc. Is there a specific way they need to report for the consulate to not question us anything about medicals or reason to delay after the interview? Any experiences is highly appreciated! Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.