Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there,

I entered the U.S. on a CR1 immigrant visa on Friday at the Montreal airport. The CBP agent in secondary processing at the airport told me they do not stamp visas anymore as a temporary proof of admission pending the green card. He said to instead just print my I94 record with the admission number on it as a proof of legal entry. 

However, I can't get an I94 record showing my admission. When I run it with my passport number, it said my last entry was months ago on a B2 visa. When I try to get a I94 with my alien number, there is no record.

any help would be appreciated. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, ThisIsHell said:

The CBP agent in secondary processing at the airport told me they do not stamp visas anymore as a temporary proof of admission pending the green card.

It would be nice if they would inform all CBP agents when they make such a change.  I crossed in July for a visit, and they told me I was crossing on a B2, and to come back when I was ready to cross on the IR-1.  When I returned in August to cross on the IR-1, they realized the computer had defaulted to the IR-1 on the previous crossing, even though the visa was not stamped.  What a mess!  Luckily it was the same border crossing and the same CBP agents.  So after a looong wait, they eventually did the stamp, a nice black-and-white proof that it was they that messed up, and not me.

22 minutes ago, Jayu Patel said:

Can we expect more interviews for October? Or October is gone and now we have to wait for November interviews. DQ’d on June 27th.

I was always told and have always read that it takes 2-3 months for an interview to be scheduled after DQ. Even reviewing Hawk Riders' spreadsheet, the average days to interview is 99 days for 2022 which is about 3.5 months. I was DQ'd June 29th (a couple days after you) and having our interviews in October aligns with that average however, in November, this would put us over 4 months which is not the norm. Of course, historical data may not align with current wait times if the consulate is experiencing delays so we could very well just be unlucky in this matter but, I am really staying positive for an October interview date.

Those with June DQ dates or perhaps even early July dates, please keep us notified when you receive an interview letter!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jayu Patel said:

Can we expect more interviews for October? Or October is gone and now we have to wait for November interviews. DQ’d on June 27th.

I think we're off for November unfortunately. They send out letters on 1 or 2 days a month so by that metric  we didn't make the cut for October so it sounds like it'll be November. I'm all for it if the embassy has been focusing on clearing their DS 5535 backlog. Those poor sods have been waiting in some cases for a 1 year since interview. I can wait a month so others can be reunited finally with their  family.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

@Jayu Patel, when you complete your timeline using the link below, you contribute to the VJ community as a whole by adding your data to their algorithm calculations. Please do so. 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=429482

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
On 7/13/2022 at 4:57 PM, krzz said:
long overdue update...

Feb 18: Mums file was DQ
April 27: Expedite requested from Montreal Embassy for dads file
May 1: Mums Interview Letter received.
May 10: Received email confirmation from embassy that interview has been scheduled for both applications with registration and medical instructions.
May 11: email received from NVC they dads case will be expedited, pending review of all documents. 
June 1: Mums interview date
June 6 : Mums passport delivered
June 24: Dad file DQ
June 27: expedite notice acknowledgement from NVC and file sent to embassy
June 30: Dad Interview Letter received from embassy (which has incorrect information on it)
Aug 11: Dad Interview date

This case has been plagued by mistakes and errors, but as long as the visa gets  approved in a timely manner this will be all ok in the end.

1) Mum and Dad cases were progressing simultaneously...NVC approved my mum yet requested additional documents for my dad (my tax info which i had already provided). I had to add a one line document saying that they had all relevant tax info. We were put back in the review line... I really wanted to make it so that my parents have theit interview etc on the same day so once my Mum got her IL I requested an expedite, which was approved. but that still did not affect the NVC document review. We still have to wait through the process..... which we learned the hard way.

2) In one of their responses they mentioned that BOTH have been scheduled for an interview (at this point my mum was DQ but dad was not). We got medicals done for both parents based on those notifications, Yet I was only able to register the interview for my mum, and not my dad. I emailed the embassy again yet got no clarifications so both of my parents went. My mum had her interview yet my dad was turned away. Fortunately mum was approved and got her passport back with in a week.

This time round, they have sent confirmations for dad.
1) dads Interview Letter mentions my mums case number and information, yet we got it at dad's email address...  
2) Another reminder to register for an interview notice mentions my mums case number yet my dads name.  
3) The system would not let me register for my dads interview so I called their number and the representative told me he doesn't see any interview scheduled for my fathers case number and nor for my mums case number. His recommendation was to just register for the next available interview which was Sept the 6th. Since we had  already made travel and hotel arrangements for the Aug 11, so I opted not to follow his advice and emailed the embassy yet again. I have not received a response from them yet. but yesterday I was able to register my dad for an aug 11 Interview. 

As long as the visa approval happens in a timely way and as smoothly as mums did....this will all be ok.

Did your Dads IL come by email or mail? And did it come from the NVC email address or consulate one? 
NVC expedited my daughters case Friday and the consulate got it today as it shows Ready on CEAC. 
Just anticipating the letter now for both my daughter and me (I was expedited 3 months ago but she had an FE) and they are scheduling us together 

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Never mind I'm dumb lol. The whole domicile thing really confused the heck out of me. My wife quit her job and is moving back to the States this week. Will update the consular officer at my interview.

Really feel bad for all those who haven't been scheduled interviews yet. Don't worry guys your time is coming!!

Edited by ConsistentCut

23 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

@Jayu Patel, when you complete your timeline using the link below, you contribute to the VJ community as a whole by adding your data to their algorithm calculations. Please do so. 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=429482

I already completed the timeline. I don’t why its not showing 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@Hamlet 

I am in similar situation, my visa was Approved by officer on 15 August 2022, it says “Issued” - in final processing on CEAC website, but I have received no tracking number email/ nothing shows on ais website….I have emailed Montreal Consulate…what to do?

Please share your experience…I read posts that u were in similar situation 

Just found out I need to redo my hepatitis B vaccination series, and it could take 6 months. They don't have initial appointments until the middle of October. Fantastic.  I'm getting a titer test tomorrow. It's a longshot, but I hope antibodies show up cause I had one dose 20 years ago. Or maybe I had the illness already.

Do I even bother going to my medical? Since medicals are only good for 6 months it seems kind of pointless. Obviously I still go to my interview? This sucks.

Edited by ConsistentCut

Timeline
11 minutes ago, ConsistentCut said:

Just found out I need to redo my hepatitis B vaccination series, and it could take 6 months. They don't have initial appointments until the middle of October. Fantastic.  I'm getting a titer test tomorrow. It's a longshot, but I hope antibodies show up cause I had one dose 20 years ago. Or maybe I had the illness already.

Do I even bother going to my medical? Since medicals are only good for 6 months it seems kind of pointless. Obviously I still go to my interview? This sucks.

For Immigration you only need to have the series started. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
7 minutes ago, ConsistentCut said:

I just talked to my medical doctor and he said the same thing. THANK GOD

Major relief isn't it? 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.