Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
36 minutes ago, NYQC said:

Our case was reviewed and all documents were accepted, however I (American) have to show proof of domicile in the U.S. Once that proof is uploaded, does anyone know how long that can take to be reviewed and accepted so we are DQ'd?

The time you will wait after submitting documents before getting a reply is the same regardless of whether it’s the first, second, or 10th time you are submitting. Basically you get sent back to the end of the line and go through the same waiting period again. After submitting the documents, how long did you wait before being notified that they needed more documents? A year ago it was 10 weeks. Is it any less now?

Timeline
23 hours ago, Booey_US_CA said:

The timeline starts over as a new submission date. So it takes about 2-4 months for them to review the new document. I had to upload a tax form and it took about 3 months. 

@Booey_US_CA @Family One thanks guys! I just wasnt sure. The timeline is still 10 weeks. I felt so defeated over something so silly. Being a citizen and 26 year life in the U.S isn't enough proof that i have ties there, insane. I'm hoping time will fly and what I submit will work great for the situation. Thanks guys! 

Timeline

Hello! So the sputum test results came back clear and have been sent electronically to the Embassy. Anyone have any ideas how long it takes for them to finalize the approval once the medical has been returned?

Timeline
On 5/16/2022 at 3:13 PM, NYQC said:

@Booey_US_CA @Family One thanks guys! I just wasnt sure. The timeline is still 10 weeks. I felt so defeated over something so silly. Being a citizen and 26 year life in the U.S isn't enough proof that i have ties there, insane. I'm hoping time will fly and what I submit will work great for the situation. Thanks guys! 

Do you not currently live and work in the US? If not, that is the reason they are asking you, the petitioner, for proof of domicile.

Your spouse (beneficiary) can apply for the benefit of a green card based on the need to live with you. When you don’t currently live there, they would have no basis for that benefit, unless you plan to move back and live in the US. This is what the consulate is looking for.

It is not about your ties to the US, it is about your intent to live there and thus needing a green card for your spouse.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, Ilovecancun29 said:

Has someone in here received their GC and SSN yet? 

When did you enter the US?  Did you pay the GC fee?  

Typically the SSN shows up about 3-4 weeks after entry if the box was checked on the DS-260.  If it doesn't show up, make an appointment with the SSA.  

The greencard can be fast or it can be slow.  Depends which center is printing it, it seems.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
7 hours ago, mam521 said:

Typically the SSN shows up about 3-4 weeks after entry if the box was checked on the DS-260.  If it doesn't show up, make an appointment with the SSA.  

The greencard can be fast or it can be slow.  Depends which center is printing it, it seems.  

What if DS-260 was marked of, can I apply for an SSN right after I moved to the US? My husband will be transferring work and won’t have an employer insurance for a month. He was being asked for my SSN by a private insurance company so we have to do it as soon as possible when I arrive.

Timeline
7 hours ago, mam521 said:

I entered and paid the fee on April 20th. I did checked the box on my application. I was told I can’t apply for a Ssn without rhe GC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
11 hours ago, Budzmaroo said:

What if DS-260 was marked of, can I apply for an SSN right after I moved to the US? My husband will be transferring work and won’t have an employer insurance for a month. He was being asked for my SSN by a private insurance company so we have to do it as soon as possible when I arrive.

If it was checked on the DS-260, you have to give it about 3 weeks. If it wasn't marked, you can go straight to the SSA and apply.  

As for the insurance, they can still add him.  There was another thread on VJ taking about insurance companies being ridiculous about this but they can override it.  Also, if you filed taxes, you can use his ITIN for health insurance purposes until his social comes.  

11 hours ago, Ilovecancun29 said:

I entered and paid the fee on April 20th. I did checked the box on my application. I was told I can’t apply for a Ssn without rhe GC

Yes, you can.  As per the SSA's instructions for the application form AND on their website, as long as you have your endorsed MRIV (machine readable visa in your passport), they can issue your social because that MRIV serves as your temporary greencard until your actual one comes and it can take a while (ours took 177 days!).  Unfortunately, the SSA seems to be one of the least trained government organizations.  I'd call and book an appointment and show them the instructions.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
On 5/17/2022 at 11:20 AM, TSmith said:

Hello! So the sputum test results came back clear and have been sent electronically to the Embassy. Anyone have any ideas how long it takes for them to finalize the approval once the medical has been returned?

When at the interview they said it was refused pending the sputum test. As said above, everything was fine with the test and the results were sent from Telus to NVC in Montreal electronically a few days ago. I notice when I check the Visa status it still says "Refused" yet the 'Last updated" field shows today's date. Should I be worried? Also, do they send you something when they receive the tests?

image.png.be5a9e0c7e7a1d28a9c7e696074505a0.png

image.png

Timeline
3 hours ago, TSmith said:

When at the interview they said it was refused pending the sputum test. As said above, everything was fine with the test and the results were sent from Telus to NVC in Montreal electronically a few days ago. I notice when I check the Visa status it still says "Refused" yet the 'Last updated" field shows today's date. Should I be worried? Also, do they send you something when they receive the tests?

image.png.be5a9e0c7e7a1d28a9c7e696074505a0.png

image.png

Now the status says "Issued" and the write up mentioned AP, what timeframe would you guess?

Timeline
1 hour ago, TSmith said:

Now the status says "Issued" and the write up mentioned AP, what timeframe would you guess?

Really hard to tell. It is likely to change to “issued - final processing” by tomorrow, but it can also upto 2-3 weeks…

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
3 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Really hard to tell. It is likely to change to “issued - final processing” by tomorrow, but it can also upto 2-3 weeks…

Thanks CAN_2_US! Do you get anything indicating it was mailed? And are you saying it 'could' also be mailed tomorrow?

Timeline
10 hours ago, TSmith said:

Thanks CAN_2_US! Do you get anything indicating it was mailed? And are you saying it 'could' also be mailed tomorrow?

My visa was approved a week ago, and I received an email with the Purolator tracking number about an hour before the status changed to "Issued-Final Processing."  It had been in "Issued-AP" for two working days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.