Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, mam521 said:

Might be risky.  Some people are in and out in less than an hour, others it takes 2 or more.  How far is the appointment from the consulate?

It looks like the address for the the Embassy is 1134 Saint-Catherine St W, Montreal, QC H3B 5K2. if that's the case it's about 13 minutes away. I wonder what the longest wait times have been

Timeline

Been here a month and no SSN? 

I definitely check off to have my SSN mailed here on my Ds260. 

I called the SS office and they said nothing has been processed for me yet and to call USCIS. 

called USCIS and they told me my SSN comes with my green card in 90 days…? Which I know is incorrect. 

I’m wondering if I should just head down to the SS Office with all my info and just apply for one?

Timeline
2 hours ago, TSmith said:

It looks like the address for the the Embassy is 1134 Saint-Catherine St W, Montreal, QC H3B 5K2. if that's the case it's about 13 minutes away. I wonder what the longest wait times have been

Anyone else have an experience they could share on timing?

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Sunshine022 said:

Hello! 

it’s been 110 days since ai entered the US and no physical green card yet. I’ve been calling USCIS but the automated machine won’t let me talk to a customer service representative. Any tips? Or any idea what is happening? Thank you for your help.

try selecting technical issue (#2 I think, not sure) in able to talk to an agent and ask for Officer #2 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
45 minutes ago, TSmith said:

Anyone else have an experience they could share on timing?

Refer to my review:

https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=30499

My interview was scheduled for 9:30. I was called in around 11:15, and out by 1:20.

Total took about 4 hours. One guy who was scheduled for the same time slot as me missed his return flight to Vancouver because of the long wait.

Keep in mind this was when Montreal had really ramped up interviews, might be different now since the back log is almost non existent now.

4 hours ago, TSmith said:

How long are people waiting in Montreal for the interview from the time you arrive until the time you can leave after the interview, typically. I am trying to determine that, if I have an interview at 11am if I will then be able to make a chest scan for 2pm.

Probably not. Cutting it too close.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sarpor4 said:

Been here a month and no SSN? 

I definitely check off to have my SSN mailed here on my Ds260. 

I called the SS office and they said nothing has been processed for me yet and to call USCIS. 

called USCIS and they told me my SSN comes with my green card in 90 days…? Which I know is incorrect. 

I’m wondering if I should just head down to the SS Office with all my info and just apply for one?

You don't NEED one to work but yeah, if it's been a month, I'd probably call your local SSA office and make an appointment.  It seems to be hit and miss for people to actually receive it when they tick the box on the DS-260.

1 hour ago, Sunshine022 said:

Hello! 

it’s been 110 days since ai entered the US and no physical green card yet. I’ve been calling USCIS but the automated machine won’t let me talk to a customer service representative. Any tips? Or any idea what is happening? Thank you for your help.

You can submit a request through your MyUSCIS account.  Some GC's come fast, some come slow.  Mine took 177 days or something.  As long as you have a stamp, your MRIV in your passport is good for a year.  

@TSmith you could probably check the Montreal consulate interviews to get a better idea.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Hi All,

hoping I didn’t mess up! I planned on driving all my stuff down with my dog in April, but travelled to the US today to get our home set up for the arrival in April. 

now I’m concerned about going back to Canada before my green card arrives? I explained my situation at the border, and the officer asked how long I would return back to Canada for (~3 weeks) and he said it would be fine but to just phone UCIS when I arrived today to explain to them. I tried phoning but through all the automation couldn’t speak to anyone. 

pretty sure I’ve seen on this thread before some people crossing and activating their process and then returning to finish the move. As long as the intent isn’t to return to Canada full time and abandon the application all should be fine? Is there any thing else I need to do?

thanks

Timeline
6 minutes ago, CB14 said:

Hi All,

hoping I didn’t mess up! I planned on driving all my stuff down with my dog in April, but travelled to the US today to get our home set up for the arrival in April. 

now I’m concerned about going back to Canada before my green card arrives? I explained my situation at the border, and the officer asked how long I would return back to Canada for (~3 weeks) and he said it would be fine but to just phone UCIS when I arrived today to explain to them. I tried phoning but through all the automation couldn’t speak to anyone. 

pretty sure I’ve seen on this thread before some people crossing and activating their process and then returning to finish the move. As long as the intent isn’t to return to Canada full time and abandon the application all should be fine? Is there any thing else I need to do?

thanks

You are fine. I don’t think you even need to inform USCIS. You can return to Canada to wrap up and return to the US. 

The stamp on your passport acts as a temporary proof of permanent residency for upto a year from when it was stamped and until you receive your green card.

22 minutes ago, Budzmaroo said:

I was waiting for one too but nope 🤷🏻‍♀️

Maybe still hope for next week!! Fingers crossed everyone ❤️ Sending positive vibes!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.