2,964 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 2/15/2022 at 10:23 AM, marcoisland777 said:

Hi Thanks for your answer, when I was 25 I might have come to the US as a tourist and stayed only few days and went back to my country

does being a tourist with B1/B2 visa counts to register for selective services?

You don't register with a B1/B2 visa.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
10 minutes ago, sandranj said:

There's something going on here, if the check was bounced you wouldn't have received the I-485 receipt, but at this point it doesn't matter, refile a new I-485,I-765,I-131 as soon as possible, and if you don't  have money to pay USCIS fees then file Form I-912.

Thank you so much for replying mam @sandranji was so worried, do I have to send back evidence as well.

This is what I got from uscis through congress person.

61EE86DD-4812-4B6B-BDE3-64EACBF99958.jpeg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 hours ago, 2020filer said:

I gave my 2 week notice on Tuesday :( since I didn’t get my EAD renewed I have to quit on March 1st. This is so upsetting. The senator is so delayed too. Have been talking to her since December but all they do is keep sending me forms I have already filled out. I applied for renewal early May 2021. I just hope that my company will honor any bonus I had for 2021. I was very underpaid hoping that it will be compensated through the bonus. But it’s paid out after my expiration :( 

Why did you resign?????  I explained to HR and showed them the wait time, and they understood.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

17 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

Why did you resign?????  I explained to HR and showed them the wait time, and they understood.  

I haven’t resigned yet, but would have to be terminated so I had to let my managers know. The HR knew about the situation. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, 2020filer said:

I haven’t resigned yet, but would have to be terminated so I had to let my managers know. The HR knew about the situation. 

I guess I am not understanding, as my HR team knows about the backlog for a year, and extension letters will expire, so they are allowing staff to stay.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

16 hours ago, sandranj said:

Why didn't you contact your congressperson in November? If they sent the letter to the right address and for some reason got lost somewhere then you will have a big problem, because the person has to answer the RFE within 87 days.Contact your congressperson ASAP.

I believe there is still 60 days extension period in place (note to others:  please do not rely on this statement. Double check on uscis site ☺️) But i did write the congressman yesterday. Thank you! 💐 

On October 28, 2022 The Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your I-485 because they could not deliver it. 

On October, 06, 2022, Card was picked up by USPS

On October 3, 2022, we mailed your new card for your form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

On September 30, 2022, we approved your form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

On September 29, 2022, we ordered your new card for Receipt #_________, and will mail it to the address you gave us

On August 25, 2022 we updated your date of birth for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

April 14, 2022 Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

March 15, 2022 We received your correspondence for Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

March 14, 2022 We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

July 26, 2021 We received your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

15 minutes ago, trishytrish said:

Good morning. When renewing my C31 EAD, do I have to pay the filing fee? 

yes you have to pay the filling fee for C31 renewal. Unless you want to use fee waiver. 

I do not know after VAWA approval you can you still file under C09 for free? @Demise@Villanelle@Rhema1 and others.

2 hours ago, balo101 said:

yes you have to pay the filling fee for C31 renewal. Unless you want to use fee waiver. 

I do not know after VAWA approval you can you still file under C09 for free? @Demise@Villanelle@Rhema1 and others.

C09 initial and renewals are free as long as you paid the I-485 filing fee. If you got a fee waiver for I-485 you will either need to pay the I-765 filing fee or get another fee waiver using form I-912.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello team. quick question , do i need to be fully vaccinated to do the medicals? Or first dose is OK? A bit frustrated Uscis asked me for medicals today and I have to wait 2 more weeks for the 2nd dose. Any help would be appreciated it! Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.