Reema1

K1 visa petition returned to USCIS by consulate

53 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Reema1 said:

3 Visits. Each visit is around 3 weeks 

You can ask a lawyer to file a FOIA so maybe you can get more details.

is there any red flags? Age? Different religion? Does he tried any US visa before? If yes, how many times? 
Sometimes the person know exactly the reason but they don’t want to share, I’m not saying that this is your fiancé case but try to ask him some questions about his past intents to any US visa.

good luck 

5 hours ago, Reema1 said:

I am sorry I am not that verse when it comes to petitions and stuff. I still do not understand why it was refused. What does it mean when they say not satisfied with the evidence? Seems like a vague reason 

Won't the same thing then happen with the spousal visa? I am not sure why it was refused. Why do they think it should not have been approved 

Sounds like they suspect that it is for immigration purposes.

4 hours ago, Reema1 said:

But you think now the ship has sailed for the K1?

It has.  Get married and try for a spousal visa.

7 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Sounds like they suspect that it is for immigration purposes.

That is horrible. Not sure how they came to that conclusion. 

7 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

It has.  Get married and try for a spousal visa.

Well if they think the fiance one was for immigration reasons, how is the spousal one will be treated? Probably the same?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, Reema1 said:

That is horrible. Not sure how they came to that conclusion. 

Unfortunately your indignation is not going to change the result. The fact of the matter is that with fiancée visas the consular officer has wide latitude in his decision to approve or not and his decision is generally non reviewable.

As being suggested by most people your best bet (which will save you time and money and heartache) generally is to move on to the next step which is marry and file a spouse visa.

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

27 minutes ago, African Zealot said:

Unfortunately your indignation is not going to change the result. The fact of the matter is that with fiancée visas the consular officer has wide latitude in his decision to approve or not and his decision is generally non reviewable.

As being suggested by most people your best bet (which will save you time and money and heartache) generally is to move on to the next step which is marry and file a spouse visa.

Yeah I guess that is the only way going forward. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

was there a large age difference (10 years or more and USC the older one)

religious differences?  important to some CO's and embassies 

photos you sent show his family and their approval of USC ?

they asked for updated tax form?   did u   send IRS transcripts ?   Did they mention you may need a cosponsor?

3 visits of 3 weeks is actually good 

so not the issue

and if u do Utah marriage ,   u have to return to consummate the marriage ,  so why not just go and marry in Egypt?   would make his family happy if they approve of u

and no spousal visa is not same as fiancee/  spousal  shows a real committment

and a Congressman will only get the same message u get "they sent the case back to the US"   they have no power to look any further or change the outcome

A lawyer?  copies documents provided by u and mails them/  they do not go to Egypt and argue a case

MARRY  and go thru this process same as many of us have had to do when denied the K1  

incha allah

28 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

was there a large age difference (10 years or more and USC the older one)

religious differences?  important to some CO's and embassies 

photos you sent show his family and their approval of USC ?

they asked for updated tax form?   did u   send IRS transcripts ?   Did they mention you may need a cosponsor?

No we are of similar age, same religion. We sent pictures of the engagement party with both of our families present. That is why I do not understand their decision. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Reema1 said:

No we are of similar age, same religion. We sent pictures of the engagement party with both of our families present. That is why I do not understand their decision. 

Engagement party with both u and him looks "too married for K1 visa"   

my engagement party was only with women

when both man and "too be wife" are together for this type of celebration in Islam faith ,  it is considered the marriage celebration party after signing the marriage documents

so,  u have to marry to be with him

as the embassy looks at this party as celebrating your marriage

9 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Engagement party with both u and him looks "too married for K1 visa"   

my engagement party was only with women

when both man and "too be wife" are together for this type of celebration in Islam faith ,  it is considered the marriage celebration party after signing the marriage documents

so,  u have to marry to be with him

as the embassy looks at this party as celebrating your marriage

It was just a dinner celebration at a restaurant with cake and stuff. It is not that type of party you are referring to 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Reema1 said:

It was just a dinner celebration at a restaurant with cake and stuff. It is not that type of party you are referring to 

although the Khiba (engagement party )   is ok in Islam

the photos can look like the Walima (dinner party after signing marriage papers)

it is not me but the way the embassy looks at things 

sorry 

it is why K1 was denied 

10 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

although the Khiba (engagement party )   is ok in Islam

the photos can look like the Walima (dinner party after signing marriage papers)

it is not me but the way the embassy looks at things 

sorry 

it is why K1 was denied 

There were no marriage papers signed or anything. It is just an engagement party. Let's say that what you said was right and they thought we were married. Would not they have just said we found misrepresentation and you guys are married?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.