Reema1

K1 visa petition returned to USCIS by consulate

53 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

they do and that is why it is listed as high fraud

BTW  -very important  do not make plans to travel there without the embassy appointment

the US embassy in Egypt says the following:

needed to marry 1st step is getting a paper notarized in US embassy

Please note a notary appointment is required for this service. Demand for notary services is higher than we can accommodate. Please don’t make travel arrangements or commit funds until you have booked your notary appointment.

https://eg.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/marriage-in-egypt/https://eg.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/marriage-in-egypt/

Wow did not know about that. Thank you for sharing. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, hannysgrammy@gmai said:

Did he interview in Cairo. As my daughters husband just did this in June with no problems. Weird

his was a spouse visa 

many K1's are denied 

can't compare apples to oranges

• Captain Ewok changed the title to K1 visa petition returned to USCIS by consulate
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello,

I have a much different story and advice. As you may have picked up on, USCIS moves at a snails pace at times. My wife's first petition was sent back as well after her interview. This was upsetting for her as she thought she did something wrong.  So I followed the advice on here and withdrew the petition and engaged a lawyer and submitted a new petition. I also engaged my Senator who happened to be the chair of the foreign affairs committee for advice and a letter to bolster my new petition. After about 6 months, I received a call from USCIS asking why I had two approved petitions. What had happened was that my original petition was reaffirmed and my new petition was also approved, but at that moment, they saw my letter to withdraw the original case. So confused, they asked for an explanation. At some point in the call, a supervisor jumped on the call and explained they reaffirmed the original petition and apologized for the embassy denying after the interview. So stay positive as some petitions are reaffirmed but it is important to know the reasoning if you can even find out. I highly suggest you involved a senator or your US representative to see if they can inquire as to the condition of your case. I honestly think some petitions are denied because the interviewer had a bad day. That may not be the case here, but knowing the reason helps you avoid it if you resubmit a K1 or try and save this case. A CR1 is not a guarantee either as the reason for the K1 denial could also derail that.  Good luck and be patient. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 10/7/2021 at 7:37 PM, Reema1 said:

Hello All

I feel very devastated right now. My fiance had his interview a three of months ago and was told to submit a missing document with his passport the second day. After three months of waiting, we just got informed that the petition was sent back to USCIS for reconsideration as the consular officer was not satisfied with the evidence between me and my fiance.  What is that even supposed to mean? What are we supposed to do now?

You can get an attorney and have them paint the picture a little better than you can. I know an attorney who is well versed in this sort of thing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 10/7/2021 at 6:37 PM, Reema1 said:

Hello All

I feel very devastated right now. My fiance had his interview a three of months ago and was told to submit a missing document with his passport the second day. After three months of waiting, we just got informed that the petition was sent back to USCIS for reconsideration as the consular officer was not satisfied with the evidence between me and my fiance.  What is that even supposed to mean? What are we supposed to do now?

It means that something in the documents looked out of character. You could go to his country and marry and try the I-130 (spousal visa)

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
On 10/7/2021 at 7:37 PM, Reema1 said:

Hello All

What kind of evidence did you submit?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.