rafato

I-864 RFE " Could not determine petitioner is qualified"

34 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 hours ago, rafaeltostado said:

I received an I-864 RFE today stating that it could not be determined that I the petitioner am qualified.  I am not sure why they say I am not because my income last year was 50k per year and that is well above the qualification limit, as well as the two previous years.  Also, this year my projected income is around 47 - 52k per year and I sent in all my pay stubs for this year.   So what would cause them to say I am not qualified?  ANy experience with this RFE for I 485 applicants?

When I applied for Wife's AOS, we received an RFE for documents we already submitted with the package.  It's an ongoing trend it seems like, happens to majority of couples. 

17 hours ago, Ed&Midori1031 said:

When I applied for Wife's AOS, we received an RFE for documents we already submitted with the package.  It's an ongoing trend it seems like, happens to majority of couples. 

So what did you do to respond?  And what should I do, just resend the same stuff again?  I do not want the case to get denied if I dont send what they are wanting.

On 9/28/2021 at 9:26 PM, Letspaintcookies said:

Do you have a copy of the form you sent? You could check that for errors. Wrong household size, not signed, forgot to fill out a line. All of that will trigger this kind of RFE. What are they asking for in the RFE? If you want to you could upload it here ( everything personal blacked out ) .

I posted a copy of it.  Let me know what you think.   Also, I am petitioning for my wife, so the household size is just 2 correct?  we live alone and do not have any kids or any dependents.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 minutes ago, rafaeltostado said:

Yes, I did six months worth of continuous pay stubs.

That's good. The discrepancy must be for something minor that you may have overlooked. Just try to send everything back in with all your i's dotted and t's crossed and you should be fine. 

"His march to greatness was not without disastrous stumbling" - Lewis Sinclair

Concurrent filing along with I-130, I-765, I-131

09/11/2021 - Mailed off package
09/14/2021 - Package delivered to lockbox  
09/17/2021 - Bank Acct. debited in the amounts of $1225 and $535
09/17/2021 - Received 3 SMS messages with Receipt Numbers @ 8:52PM
09/23/2021 - Received Form I-797C in mailbox with Notice Date of 09/16/2021
09/24/2021 - Received notice that Biometrics Appointment date has been scheduled
09/25/2021 - My wife received Form I-797C Notice of Action via USPS which included the online access code
10/01/2021 - Biometrics NOA arrived in mailbox
10/18/2021 - Biometrics Completed ( Case Status changed to "Case is Being Actively Reviewed")

04/06/2022 - EAD Card Is Being Produced

04/08/2022 - EAD Card Was Produced 

04/11/2022 - Card Was Picked Up By USPS

04/12/2022 - SS Card was delivered  to me

04/13/2022 - Card Was Delivered To Me By Post Office

09/01/2022 - I-131 Case Approved

09/02/2022 - Advanced Parole Document Was Produced

09/06/2022 - Advanced Parole Document Received

10/26/2022 - Interview Was Scheduled

11/29/2022 - Interview Completed (No Decision)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
54 minutes ago, rafaeltostado said:

I'd say respond with the following.

1. New i864 mentioning $70k current annual income

2. More pay stubs from new employer (you might have more by this time)

3. Remove any bank statements/assets

4. An employment letter from your employer mentioning your salary

5. tax transcripts

Make sure everything is filled out correctly, household size and such.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

14 hours ago, arken said:

I'd say respond with the following.

1. New i864 mentioning $70k current annual income

2. More pay stubs from new employer (you might have more by this time)

3. Remove any bank statements/assets

4. An employment letter from your employer mentioning your salary

5. tax transcripts

Make sure everything is filled out correctly, household size and such.

Thanks,  I will do that.   New dates on the form as well correct?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 9/30/2021 at 5:01 AM, rafaeltostado said:

So what did you do to respond?  And what should I do, just resend the same stuff again?  I do not want the case to get denied if I dont send what they are wanting.

Do exactly as is written on your RFE letter.  Whatever documents they ask for, send it, even if you have already filed them previously. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 10/6/2021 at 10:45 PM, rafaeltostado said:

Thanks, I will do that.

I would love to hear an update, as we are in the same situation! What did you end up submitting? And have you gotten a response?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Here is the thing: you sent in the I-864 along with your I-485 in late July.

Now it is November. Do they know that you are still making the same income? No, they don't.

For all they know, you could be unemployed right now.

The fact that you switched jobs several times in the past year may also raise red flags in their eyes.

Therefore, I would speculate if you just send them your most recent paystubs and a new employment letter, etc., you should be fine.

But to be on the safe side, I would consider getting some professional advice from an attorney.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Any updates? We are in the same situation. My wife"s Annually income is way above the poverty line but still got the exact letter. What frustrating is that the letter is a copy paste General letter and doesn't say anything specific. 

Edited by EmreAnk

5 hours ago, EmreAnk said:

Any updates? We are in the same situation. My wife"s Annually income is way above the poverty line but still got the exact letter. What frustrating is that the letter is a copy paste General letter and doesn't say anything specific. 

They only sent the letter asking for income requirements?   Mine was income requirements and fiances. Irth certificate.   We sent a tra slated birth certificate and  we ii64 with more check stubs.   Make sure it is filled correctly.  We are still waiting for a response

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.