hopeJourney

I-130 August 2021 Filers

479 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2022 at 8:33 AM, Margo2017777 said:

You need to keep trying. Sometimes it gives link but if you repeatedly ask for live agent you will go through eventually. But be aware that they go away from chat very quickly.. when i asked about my service centre, they wrote in capital letters California and logged out without any goodbyes.. this whole ucsis thing is a total joke.

Thank you for that advice. I had to repeatedly ask for live agent like a whole bunch of times until it worked. And then I was the 50th person in que. and it was transferred to Potomac service center. I’m already at 11.5 months. It’s seriously affecting me so much. I really want to be approved already. Wishing allow us luck and good and happy news!  

1 hour ago, MelBeen said:

Thank you for that advice. I had to repeatedly ask for live agent like a whole bunch of times until it worked. And then I was the 50th person in que. and it was transferred to Potomac service center. I’m already at 11.5 months. It’s seriously affecting me so much. I really want to be approved already. Wishing allow us luck and good and happy news!  

I’m right there with you. I’m at California and at 11 months (337 days today) really hoping I get my approval this month 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I just checked my account and found it Actively reviewing and checked documents and found my approval! Thank God!!!

Almost 1 full year later.

19 minutes ago, chadonius said:

I just checked my account and found it Actively reviewing and checked documents and found my approval! Thank God!!!

Wow! Congratulations. My NOA1 is 08/31/21 at California Service Center. I am praying I get my approval in the next two weeks

20 minutes ago, chadonius said:

Did yours get actively reviewed two times?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Wow! Congratulations. My NOA1 is 08/31/21 at California Service Center. I am praying I get my approval in the next two weeks

Did yours get actively reviewed two times?

I got AR a month after my PD date. 2nd AR was today and approval today! My first AR was when my case was transferred from Potomac to California.

I have no idea what to do next tho... what thread should I read on the next steps? I probably should have figured this out beforehand...

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
17 minutes ago, chadonius said:

I got AR a month after my PD date. 2nd AR was today and approval today! My first AR was when my case was transferred from Potomac to California.

I have no idea what to do next tho... what thread should I read on the next steps? I probably should have figured this out beforehand...

CONGRATULATIONS.  You will receive an email from NVC to to setup an account in NVC, invoice number to pay the fees and to proceed to next step.  All the documents what you submit will be qualified in about 2 to 2.5 months,  then the next will be the foreign embassy will schedule the interview.  This step depends on the embassy

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Dil & Malar said:

CONGRATULATIONS.  You will receive an email from NVC to to setup an account in NVC, invoice number to pay the fees and to proceed to next step.  All the documents what you submit will be qualified in about 2 to 2.5 months,  then the next will be the foreign embassy will schedule the interview.  This step depends on the embassy

Sounds easy enough. Thank you.

Does the online account tell me what documents i need to submit?

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Just now, chadonius said:

Sounds easy enough. Thank you.

Does the online account tell me what documents i need to submit?

Yes it does.  I864 affidavit of support, your civil documents and tax return or transcript.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
11 hours ago, chadonius said:

Congrats!! Wishing you the best of luck with next steps 🙏

On 8/3/2022 at 6:37 AM, MelBeen said:

I feel you, it's really tough on us too. We're at 11 months at Potomac, which seems to be moving extremely slow compared to other SC's. It's really hard being separated, especially after living together for so many years.

I feel bad for everyone going through this with kids. This whole system is cruel and flawed. I read recently how they intentionally implemented strategies to slow down the processing speed, like expecting employees to review each application twice. I can't believe we pay thousands of dollars in fees to fund this.

I-130 (Potomac)

NOA1: 09/11/2021

NOA2: 11/21/2022

(NVC + Frankfurt Consulate)

NVC Docs Submitted: 12/03/2022

DQ: 01/30/2023

Appointment: 03/14/2023

3 hours ago, shytown said:

Congrats!! Wishing you the best of luck with next steps 🙏

I feel you, it's really tough on us too. We're at 11 months at Potomac, which seems to be moving extremely slow compared to other SC's. It's really hard being separated, especially after living together for so many years.

I feel bad for everyone going through this with kids. This whole system is cruel and flawed. I read recently how they intentionally implemented strategies to slow down the processing speed, like expecting employees to review each application twice. I can't believe we pay thousands of dollars in fees to fund this.

Yes is so frustrating!! I feel like each post i make it a venting/upsetting one and then a minute later its like lets be optimistic and positive. Lol. I think everyone in this post has all those emotions going on at once. I do wish this process was a little more gentle. 

Oh no i cant believe that what they implement! I really want us to be approved already. And for this group to be so positive with approvals!!

Timeline
33 minutes ago, MelBeen said:

Yes is so frustrating!! I feel like each post i make it a venting/upsetting one and then a minute later its like lets be optimistic and positive. Lol. I think everyone in this post has all those emotions going on at once. I do wish this process was a little more gentle. 

Oh no i cant believe that what they implement! I really want us to be approved already. And for this group to be so positive with approvals!!

I know what you mean. Definitely mixed emotions. But it says that 80% are processed by the processing time they advertise on their website, and 93% are processed one month before the outside normal processing times inquiry date. So that, to me, is very reassuring. I feel like as it gets closer to the finish line I'm getting more impatient tho haha

I-130 (Potomac)

16 minutes ago, shytown said:

I know what you mean. Definitely mixed emotions. But it says that 80% are processed by the processing time they advertise on their website, and 93% are processed one month before the outside normal processing times inquiry date. So that, to me, is very reassuring. I feel like as it gets closer to the finish line I'm getting more impatient tho haha

I do too. I hope they do not increase the processing times this month. I am ready for my approval. Will be one year waiting at the end of the month

29 minutes ago, shytown said:

But it says that 80% are processed by the processing time they advertise on their website, and 93% are processed one month before the outside normal processing times inquiry date.

I don't believe one word of it.  There have been people on VJ who have tracked cases methodically and proven this to be wrong.  Either way, we can't do anything about it and that's the worst part.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Educ8r said:

I don't believe one word of it.  There have been people on VJ who have tracked cases methodically and proven this to be wrong.  Either way, we can't do anything about it and that's the worst part.

I wasn't aware... I have heard that it's good to involve a lawyer at that point anyway to threaten a lawsuit if it gets to outside normal processing times. 

I-130 (Potomac)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.