hopeJourney

I-130 August 2021 Filers

479 posts in this topic

Starting a thread for I-130 August 2021 filers. Here is our timeline:

Priority Date (NOA1): August 27, 2021

Service Center: Vermont (transferred from Texas)

My NOA1 letter has Texas as my service center. A couple weeks after filing, I used Ask Emma which service center I was at and they said Vermont. Apparently it was transferred on Aug 27, which is the same day my NOA1 was sent. I am not sure why they would put Texas on the NOA1 receipt and they immediately transfer it to Vermont. The agent said cases are transferred for efficiency and workload balance. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Happy to see another August filer 👋🏽

Priority Date (NOA1): August 5, 2021

Service Center: Nebraska transferred to Texas 

Just spoke to a representative via Ask Emma and I’m gutted to find out that we were transferred to Texas. I know that nothing guarantees a smooth process but seeing the timeline estimate jump made me a bit sad. There’s nothing we can do now but wait so here’s to a very unpredictable  process ☺️🍹 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey hey

PD date 23-Aug-2021 (NOA1)

Texas Service Center

Same story, NOA1 showed Potomac Service Center but live agent said Texas Service Center (Filed online, so not really sure what's going on with assigning service centers).

The pandemic is weighing heavy on us, tired of wearing a mask and ready for normal life 

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

I am less concerned about which service center my case is at. It seems they move them around quite frequently. If you look at the latest data USCIS has published, the cases received are almost evenly distributed between the centers. It makes me think---at least at this point---they are just simply equalizing the workload.

For example, there are many people who are getting approved in Vermont whose NOA1 was earlier this year. Much shorter than the 23.5 Months to 30 Months USCIS estimates for U.S. citizen filing for a spouse, parent, or child under 21.

Edited by hopeJourney

On 9/29/2021 at 4:11 PM, gbbw said:

Same here!

NOA1: 8/15/2021

Actively reviewing: 9/14/2021

the reciept said texas service center, but live agent said it's currently in California Service Center

Hi my priority date is July 2021; was there something different you did with your case; Every time I check my case status, it states, Case was Received and Receipt Notice was sent.

6 minutes ago, InpatientSpouse said:

Hi my priority date is July 2021; was there something different you did with your case; Every time I check my case status, it states, Case was Received and Receipt Notice was sent.

No, it just changed by itself but it doesn't really mean anything. I know that many people's status changed to actively reviewing and stayed that way for months. 

4 minutes ago, gbbw said:

No, it just changed by itself but it doesn't really mean anything. I know that many people's status changed to actively reviewing and stayed that way for months. 

oh ok, thank you, wishing a speedy process for all of us. It's so hard being away from love ones and then having to go through this dreadful process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Priority Date (NOA1): August 31 2021 (filed online)

Service Center: Texas 

"September 28, 2021

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS"

The VJ system is estimating it would be approved until about July of next year.

54 minutes ago, Troy B said:

Priority Date (NOA1): August 31 2021 (filed online)

Service Center: Texas 

"September 28, 2021

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS"

The VJ system is estimating it would be approved until about July of next year.

Wow, that is pretty fast. Under a month to Actively Reviewed. Congrats! 

Did you confirm your case is at Texas? My NOA1 said Texas but was transferred to Vermont. I found out through Emma.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, hopeJourney said:

Wow, that is pretty fast. Under a month to Actively Reviewed. Congrats! 

Did you confirm your case is at Texas? My NOA1 said Texas but was transferred to Vermont. I found out through Emma.

I did not bother checking with Emma.   Actually I have been very busy the last couple of weeks com meu amor.  And I am have Brazilian residency now,  so I can stop doing these 90 day trips to Brazil.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Just received notice of "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS"

Texas Service Center

Timeline

Guys,

I swear I am not making this up:

Petition APPROVED, like right now (02:05 PM, 01-Nov-2021).

3 hrs after receiving the "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS" update, I logged in to USCIS website and the approval notice was under documents

Texas Service Center

Timeline

Not sure if this made any difference or not: we filed I-129F for K3 along with the I-130 (PD 08-Sep-2021 for I-129F), it was processing at Texas Service Center also 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.