micky7

September 2021 - AOS Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/11/2022 at 3:31 PM, thanachan13 said:

Hi guys, just want to post an update.

After almost 9 months, my EAD is finally approved and card is being produced. I think it is also a combo card since I saw the Combo approval document in my USCIS account. Is that correct? Also how many days have you waited until you received the card? Thanks.

Hi guys, just updating my case again. My I-485 status is now "Case is Approved". Does this mean they waived the interview?

Thanks!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, thanachan13 said:

Hi guys, just updating my case again. My I-485 status is now "Case is Approved". Does this mean they waived the interview?

Thanks!

Yup! Congratulations!!

Timeline
14 hours ago, JR & RT said:

Yup! Congratulations!!

Thank you! Will I receive another change in status like Card is Being Produced or something to track my green card?

It has been 1 year and 1 month since NOA1 for this approval.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
21 hours ago, thanachan13 said:

Thanks!

Congrats! I hope that it does mean that for you.

I filed for AOS, travel and work all in December 2021 and I haven't heard back either. It says it's still processing. I'm getting quite frustrated because I haven't received 485 let alone the work OR travel permit. It seems like it's very random in that some December/January/February filers received it within like 4 months. Does anyone know if there is a logical explanation (because clearly it's not based on chronological order) to this entire approval process?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, LJVotolato said:

Congrats! I hope that it does mean that for you.

I filed for AOS, travel and work all in December 2021 and I haven't heard back either. It says it's still processing. I'm getting quite frustrated because I haven't received 485 let alone the work OR travel permit. It seems like it's very random in that some December/January/February filers received it within like 4 months. Does anyone know if there is a logical explanation (because clearly it's not based on chronological order) to this entire approval process?

Thank you!

I understand the frustration. I got my combo card 9 months after filing. Then my I485 is approved 1 year and 1 month after filing. My timeline's pretty long too because Raleigh's office is either slow or has a lot of backlogs.

Timeline
1 minute ago, thanachan13 said:

Thank you!

I understand the frustration. I got my combo card 9 months after filing. Then my I485 is approved 1 year and 1 month after filing. My timeline's pretty long too because Raleigh's office is either slow or has a lot of backlogs.

Mine (Los Angeles) says 6-18 months (ridiculous, no? That type of range???). What was your estimated time? 

And how did you spend your time without being able to work??? Ugh! I was ready for 6 months without work (both mentally and financially) but now it's getting testy.

Timeline

Mine (Los Angeles) says 6-18 months (ridiculous, no? That type of range???). What was your estimated time? 

And how did you spend your time without being able to work??? Ugh! I was ready for 6 months without work (both mentally and financially) but now it's getting testy.

18.5 months for Raleigh. I know some places have higher estimated times.

I just actually started working last July. There are times when I was really, really so frustrated that I just can't help but cry. It was struggle for me because I am not used with not working and having the freedom to go wherever I want and having my own money to buy things that I like. In my case, I can't even drive so I felt like I was stuck in our home whenever my husband is at work. And we don't have a proper public transportation where I live. You might've read/heard this before but find a hobby that you like or watch some things to past by times. Avoid social media if you can (because in my case, there were a lot of times that I felt sad that my case is not progressing whenever I read someone got their combo card or GC in less than 6 months).

Or if you want, you can ask your senator/state rep for help regarding your case. (I've seen a friend that did this, she filed this year, got her combo card and GC within 4 months). I just don't know what are the reasons they stated. I never tried this route because I don't really have any reason to expedite/ask for help.

Timeline
1 minute ago, thanachan13 said:

18.5 months for Raleigh. I know some places have higher estimated times.

I just actually started working last July. There are times when I was really, really so frustrated that I just can't help but cry. It was struggle for me because I am not used with not working and having the freedom to go wherever I want and having my own money to buy things that I like. In my case, I can't even drive so I felt like I was stuck in our home whenever my husband is at work. And we don't have a proper public transportation where I live. You might've read/heard this before but find a hobby that you like or watch some things to past by times. Avoid social media if you can (because in my case, there were a lot of times that I felt sad that my case is not progressing whenever I read someone got their combo card or GC in less than 6 months).

Or if you want, you can ask your senator/state rep for help regarding your case. (I've seen a friend that did this, she filed this year, got her combo card and GC within 4 months). I just don't know what are the reasons they stated. I never tried this route because I don't really have any reason to expedite/ask for help.

Thank you for your comforting words!I have so many hobbies and a healthy mindset but it's taxing because it I swear before I applied it said 6-8 months (so I mananged my expectation) and now 6-18 months. I feel you though re: transportation. I'm luckily in Los Angeles and have made new friends so I don't that "stuck" feeling that you have besides not being able to visit my family in Canada. 

Ugh, I think I have to ask my senator soon because my husband also quit his job recently to start a band (lol). The only thing I could think of is starting a YouTube channel documenting my frustration with this process (and also help people in his situation, pursuing a dream at 40 years old). I can't see likeminded YouTube channels of people waiting for a green card but if anyone wants to see, I sprinkle in that frustration here: 

Timeline

Thank you for your comforting words!I have so many hobbies and a healthy mindset but it's taxing because it I swear before I applied it said 6-8 months (so I mananged my expectation) and now 6-18 months. I feel you though re: transportation. I'm luckily in Los Angeles and have made new friends so I don't that "stuck" feeling that you have besides not being able to visit my family in Canada. 

Ugh, I think I have to ask my senator soon because my husband also quit his job recently to start a band (lol). The only thing I could think of is starting a YouTube channel documenting my frustration with this process (and also help people in his situation, pursuing a dream at 40 years old). I can't see likeminded YouTube channels of people waiting for a green card but if anyone wants to see, I sprinkle in that frustration here: 

You're welcome! You're lucky you've made friends there! Been here for more than a year and I only had a friend. Hahah

There you go! A lot of people also told me to do vlogging, but I hate seeing myself in a video nor a whole body picture so it was a no for me. 😂😂😂 I'll subscribe!

I hope you'll receive some good news about your case soon. :)

Timeline
8 minutes ago, thanachan13 said:

You're welcome! You're lucky you've made friends there! Been here for more than a year and I only had a friend. Hahah

There you go! A lot of people also told me to do vlogging, but I hate seeing myself in a video nor a whole body picture so it was a no for me. 😂😂😂 I'll subscribe!

I hope you'll receive some good news about your case soon. :)

Oh my word, you need to see this text message thread I'll DM It to you! And thank you for subscribing! I too 100% never liked seeing photos (let alone videos) and I really re-activated instagram since going all in with the vlogging thing. Anyway I'm so happy for you - was it hard for you to get a job in July when you got your permit?

Edited by LJVotolato

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
8 hours ago, thanachan13 said:

Thank you! Will I receive another change in status like Card is Being Produced or something to track my green card?

It has been 1 year and 1 month since NOA1 for this approval.

Yeah, you will get several status update after this one. One of them will contain the USPS tracking number for the card. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Received a status update this morning that my I-485 has been scheduled for an interview. Finally!!!

I also spoke to an agent via EMMA and found out that it is scheduled for a little over a month from today.

"His march to greatness was not without disastrous stumbling" - Lewis Sinclair

Concurrent filing along with I-130, I-765, I-131

09/11/2021 - Mailed off package
09/14/2021 - Package delivered to lockbox  
09/17/2021 - Bank Acct. debited in the amounts of $1225 and $535
09/17/2021 - Received 3 SMS messages with Receipt Numbers @ 8:52PM
09/23/2021 - Received Form I-797C in mailbox with Notice Date of 09/16/2021
09/24/2021 - Received notice that Biometrics Appointment date has been scheduled
09/25/2021 - My wife received Form I-797C Notice of Action via USPS which included the online access code
10/01/2021 - Biometrics NOA arrived in mailbox
10/18/2021 - Biometrics Completed ( Case Status changed to "Case is Being Actively Reviewed")

04/06/2022 - EAD Card Is Being Produced

04/08/2022 - EAD Card Was Produced 

04/11/2022 - Card Was Picked Up By USPS

04/12/2022 - SS Card was delivered  to me

04/13/2022 - Card Was Delivered To Me By Post Office

09/01/2022 - I-131 Case Approved

09/02/2022 - Advanced Parole Document Was Produced

09/06/2022 - Advanced Parole Document Received

10/26/2022 - Interview Was Scheduled

11/29/2022 - Interview Completed (No Decision)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
25 minutes ago, boy2aman said:

Received a status update this morning that my I-485 has been scheduled for an interview. Finally!!!

I also spoke to an agent via EMMA and found out that it is scheduled for a little over a month from today.

That's good news. Did you expedite? What FO?

Marriage to USC (H1b to GC)

9/07: Submitted I-130 and I130A online
09/14: Received NOA for I-130 in mail
9/24: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-765
9/27: Delivered to USCIS Chicago and signed by Chyba
09/29: Text messages for application
10/7: (2) NOA's for I-485 and I-765 received in mail

10/16: Online status changed to "biometrics scheduled". Bio on 11/09.

11/04: RFE received for Birth certificate

11/05: Uploaded RFE response. Status changed to "we have received RFE response"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
15 hours ago, googly3 said:

That's good news. Did you expedite? What FO?

It is good news, thank you. 

I did not expedite. It's been a little over a year since I filed I-485 and I-130 concurrently, so it has been a little wait. 

My FO is DC/Fairfax 

"His march to greatness was not without disastrous stumbling" - Lewis Sinclair

Concurrent filing along with I-130, I-765, I-131

09/11/2021 - Mailed off package
09/14/2021 - Package delivered to lockbox  
09/17/2021 - Bank Acct. debited in the amounts of $1225 and $535
09/17/2021 - Received 3 SMS messages with Receipt Numbers @ 8:52PM
09/23/2021 - Received Form I-797C in mailbox with Notice Date of 09/16/2021
09/24/2021 - Received notice that Biometrics Appointment date has been scheduled
09/25/2021 - My wife received Form I-797C Notice of Action via USPS which included the online access code
10/01/2021 - Biometrics NOA arrived in mailbox
10/18/2021 - Biometrics Completed ( Case Status changed to "Case is Being Actively Reviewed")

04/06/2022 - EAD Card Is Being Produced

04/08/2022 - EAD Card Was Produced 

04/11/2022 - Card Was Picked Up By USPS

04/12/2022 - SS Card was delivered  to me

04/13/2022 - Card Was Delivered To Me By Post Office

09/01/2022 - I-131 Case Approved

09/02/2022 - Advanced Parole Document Was Produced

09/06/2022 - Advanced Parole Document Received

10/26/2022 - Interview Was Scheduled

11/29/2022 - Interview Completed (No Decision)

On 10/26/2022 at 8:31 AM, boy2aman said:

Congrats! Finally progress! :):) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.