seattlegc

N-400 September 2021 Filers

390 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline
On 11/12/2021 at 6:18 PM, Kikk159 said:

Oath Ceremony scheduled for November 30th 🙌

Can't believe this is almost over. What a journey!

N-400 is definitely the easiest and fastest one.

Wowww Good luck darling! Finally your citizenship journey coming to the end! Congrats!

Hi all,

I have got a question. Hope someone can help me with it.

I have filed my N400 in Sept 2021, and my company decided to send me overseas (to UK) and stay there for long time, about a year. However, I can travel back and visit our US office every 2 months. Does this hurt my N400 application? I still get paid from US and pay my taxes in US.

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mason_inami said:

Hi all,

I have filed my N400 in Sept 2021, and my company decided to send me overseas (to UK) and stay there for long time, about a year. However, I can travel back and visit our US office every 2 months. Does this hurt my N400 application? I still get paid from US and pay my taxes in US.

Thanks

Afaik, as a green card holder, you can be out of the US for up to 12 months (continuously). It seems that USCIS schedules interview a month ahead, so that should give you enough time. Also, there is a Covid guideline for those who travel outside of the US; YOU MUST APPEAR FOR THIS INTERVIEW - However, if you are ill, have any symptoms of illness, have traveled outside the United States within the past 10 days* (unless you traveled outside of the

United States in a personal vehicle); or had contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days; or are at heightened risk due to age or an underlying health condition and would

like to reschedule your appointment, call the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 (TTY 1-800-767-1833) as soon as possible to reschedule your appointment.

There is no penalty for requesting that your appointment be rescheduled. If you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (defined as at least 2 weeks after second dose of Pfizer and Moderna vaccine, or 2

weeks after single J&J vaccine), you do not need to reschedule after contact with a positive person as long as you continue to not have symptoms."

Hope that helps.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
10 hours ago, Mason_inami said:

I have filed my N400 in Sept 2021, and my company decided to send me overseas (to UK) and stay there for long time, about a year. However, I can travel back and visit our US office every 2 months. Does this hurt my N400 application? I still get paid from US and pay my taxes in US

To maintain your residency for n400 you must not be out of the US for more than 180 days at a time, if you go over you would need to wait 3 or 5 years to apply for a n400. Also your overall time in the US must be over 50% of the time for the 5 year or 3 year period. So if you stay out of the US even one day more than 2.5 years in the last five years you would need to be in the USA to push the number of days over 50%.

So to quailify for n400, never be out of the USA for more than 180 days at a time and be in the USA over 50% of the time over the past 5 or 3 years.

I would advise to come back to US and spend a week or two at a time before returning.

Edited by da95826

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
On 11/14/2021 at 3:45 PM, Mason_inami said:

Hi all,

Thanks

I believe it has to do with how long you have been in this country. If you are only 3 years, they will probably question that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hey guys. I have a quick question.

I've been preparing for my interview, and I noticed on youtube videos and a couple of forums that people mention a "vocabulary list." So far I've just been studying the civics questions (my test will be the 2008 one) and I haven't seen anything about vocabulary questions on the USCIS resources/study materials website.

Now I'm getting a bit nervous and starting to overthink. Is there a vocabulary list I'm supposed to study from or something? I thought it was only the civics questions, a reading test, and a writing test.

Help! 😮 My interview is in two days haha.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
13 hours ago, Vickrd said:

I've been preparing for my interview, and I noticed on youtube videos and a couple of forums that people mention a "vocabulary list." So far I've just been studying the civics questions (my test will be the 2008 one) and I haven't seen anything about vocabulary questions on the USCIS resources/study materials website.

Now I'm getting a bit nervous and starting to overthink. Is there a vocabulary list I'm supposed to study from or something? I thought it was only the civics questions, a reading test, and a writing test.

Go there, be yourself, and everything will be fine. Good luck,

On 11/16/2021 at 4:06 PM, Vickrd said:

Don’t worry about vocab list I had my interview last month no vocabulary words just simple civic test 

There is no news in this page, it seems no one is getting any update from the USCIS, 

My only little joy is that my processing time dropped from 12 months to 11 months, (I know that this is an automated update because we are in the first day of the new month but I keep myself happy with these little things😀)

Edited by Mason_inami

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Mason_inami said:

There is no news in this page, it seems no one is getting any update from the USCIS, 

My only little joy is that my processing time dropped from 12 months to 11 months, (I know that this is an automated update because we are in the first day of the new month but I keep myself happy with these little things😀)

Possibly people are getting busier with the approaching holidays.

My estimated time until decision actually went up (12 months from 7) when my interview was scheduled so I don't think it has any meaningful information at this point. At least not to me.

I do wanna share that in preparation for my interview on Dec 14, I have printed all the documents I submitted as evidence (tax transcripts, joint checking and savings statements, etc.) and the amount of paper I used stressed me out. Specially since I've seen so many in VJ mentioned that the USCIS officer didn't ask to look at any of them. But it would be unwise to not bring them with me.

LA is moving fast:

Filed: September 28

Biometrics: October 25

Interview: November 30

Oath Ceremony: December 1

AOS from B1/B2

11/03/2017:   Filed Package

11/13/2017:   NOA in the mail

12/22/2017:   Biometrics

01/09/2018:   EAD approved

01/15/2018:   Card Received

10/22/2018:   Text and email notifications for interview

12/05/2018:   Interview Date

12/03/2018:   Phone Call from USCIS, Interview rescheduled

12/20/2018:   New Interview date. Approved on the spot!

I-751

09/30/2020: Case received WAC

01/19/2021: Transfered to NBC

03/04/2021: Fingerprints applied

03/16/2021: Approved and card ordered

N-400

09/28/2021: Filed Online

10/25/2021: Biometrics

11/30/2021: Interview,  Approved.

12/01/2021: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
14 hours ago, Bibijaan said:

LA is moving fast:

Filed: September 28

Biometrics: October 25

Interview: November 30

Oath Ceremony: December 1

Congrats!

Hope it wasn't a long drive to the USCIS office.

I'm praying hard I get to do the oath taking the same day. The USCIS in San Antonio, Tx is an almost 3 hour drive 1 way. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.