seattlegc

N-400 September 2021 Filers

390 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi guys, I applied Sep 15, interview notice sent Dec 21, scheduled for Jan 29. Philadelphia jurisdiction. I am surprised I am hearing back so soon. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
On 12/27/2021 at 1:46 PM, Eileenaichan said:

Hi guys, I applied Sep 15, interview notice sent Dec 21, scheduled for Jan 29. Philadelphia jurisdiction. I am surprised I am hearing back so soon. 

I applied September 9, interview notice sent Dec. 21, scheduled for February 9, Tampa F.O.

3 hours ago, nikhil991 said:

Hey folks any one from boston area who filed online n400 (work based gc)  and got interview date?

I am seeing on this thread people are getting interview dates, but my online still shows 11 months out.

Those are all marriage based cases. I think us employment based GC's are the lesser loved children of uscis. not only do we have to wait 2 yrs extra, our N-400 processing takes minimum 6-16 months. oh well....

13 minutes ago, oakland71 said:

Those are all marriage based cases. I think us employment based GC's are the lesser loved children of uscis. not only do we have to wait 2 yrs extra, our N-400 processing takes minimum 6-16 months. oh well....

I know my wife got her done in Boston in 6 month (applied feb 2021 and interview Aug 2021, based on my gc of 5 year). Also seems not all are marriage based. For ex. LA is processing  5 year cases too quickly. Just not sure if there are any other fellow filters from Boston on 5 year (work based) who got any interview date?

Edited by nikhil991

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

Is there anyone from New York City who applied in September 2021 and received already the interview notice?  Just curious as I don't see any New Yorkers in the September filers...

Thanks in advance! 

And I wish a Very Happy New Year to you all!

On 12/31/2021 at 3:11 AM, shila75 said:

Hello everyone, 

Is there anyone from New York City who applied in September 2021 and received already the interview notice?  Just curious as I don't see any New Yorkers in the September filers...

Thanks in advance! 

And I wish a Very Happy New Year to you all!

N-400 interview scheduled NYC : USCIS (reddit.com)

Hello,

I have my interview in a couple of weeks and I have a question about it.  I know I need to study the 100 civics question, and I will have to write and read some sentences, and we will also talk about my application, is there anything else I should study? I found this video on YouTube that says " Most asked n-400 vocabulary definitions" and I've never heard about this before. Do we get asked this as well? 

Thank you in advance and good luck to all of you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 hours ago, Lili08 said:

Hello,

I have my interview in a couple of weeks and I have a question about it.  I know I need to study the 100 civics question, and I will have to write and read some sentences, and we will also talk about my application, is there anything else I should study? I found this video on YouTube that says " Most asked n-400 vocabulary definitions" and I've never heard about this before. Do we get asked this as well? 

Thank you in advance and good luck to all of you!

No, just that is more than enough to study. Those questions on this video are asked during the N400 (application) part of the interview, the IO does not ask for the definition of certain words, what i think this is is a video to make sure you understand what you are answering, remember you are under Oath during this whole process.

29 minutes ago, CNMN said:

No, just that is more than enough to study. Those questions on this video are asked during the N400 (application) part of the interview, the IO does not ask for the definition of certain words, what i think this is is a video to make sure you understand what you are answering, remember you are under Oath during this whole process.

Oh that makes sense! Thank you!

4 hours ago, 1991g said:

Applied: 9/07/2021

Biometrics Waived: 9/17/2021

Interview Notice Mailed: 01/03/2022

Filed in Denver, CO. Little bit nervous about the interview.

Congratulations! Did you apply based on 3 year or 5 year rules? My field office is also Denver, CO. I applied May 2021 and still waiting for an interview notice. 

Edited by lightstream19

7 hours ago, lightstream19 said:

Congratulations! Did you apply based on 3 year or 5 year rules? My field office is also Denver, CO. I applied May 2021 and still waiting for an interview notice. 

Based on 3 years marriage to USC (-3 months). I have had good luck in terms of timing for most of my interactions with USCIS, I honestly think that having an immigration lawyer prepare and submit my forms helps a lot. Although, reading about all these LA office filers getting through the process in less than a month is wild.

Hi guys! For those who know or already had interview. What do I have to bring to the interview? I got married to a US citizen and nothing has changed. So should I bring my green card, my country's passport, marriage license... do I need to bring pictures as well? Thanks in advance!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
10 hours ago, Lili08 said:

Hi guys! For those who know or already had interview. What do I have to bring to the interview? I got married to a US citizen and nothing has changed. So should I bring my green card, my country's passport, marriage license... do I need to bring pictures as well? Thanks in advance!

You will receive a 797C notice 4-6 weeks earlier with the date and time of the interview. It will also say what documents you must bring with you, however, bring the original documents of all copies you uploaded or send with your application, plus anything new you may think will support your petition. Yes to passport, new and old if you have it.

Read the instructions on form M-477

Edited by Sagior

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.