Crtcl Rice Theory

All of Those ‘Hysterical’ Women Were Right

41 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For half a decade, Republicans gaslighted Democrats about Trump’s Court nominees’ views on abortion. The jig is up.

Updated at 10:35 p.m. ET on September 2, 2021

Last night, the Supreme Court quietly green-lit the most extreme abortion ban the United States has seen in half a century: a Texas law that prohibits abortions at six weeks from a woman’s last period, even in cases of rape or incest, and that deputizes citizens to spy on women and sue anyone who helps someone obtain a prohibited abortion.

The rest of the states now have a road map to ban abortion almost entirely and put bounties on women and doctors without court intervention. The constitutional right to abortion until viability is no longer being enforced. Republicans have been looking forward to this moment for decades. But some have mysteriously gone quiet. Even the loudest of the anti-abortion senators, Ted Cruz, who happens to hail from Texas, had managed, as of this writing, to refrain from gloating about the victory on Twitter.

Mary Ziegler: The deviousness of Texas’s new abortion law

Perhaps they don’t want the big headlines, because overturning Roe v. Wade is consistently unpopular with American voters. But another motivation could explain the silence: For half a decade, Republicans—especially self-described moderate members of the party—have been gaslighting America on the issue of abortion rights, pretending they didn’t know that Donald Trump’s Supreme Court picks were always planning to overturn Roe. A central goal of the conservative judicial movement that these justices came out of is overturning Roe. The Federalist Society handpicked them for that reason. It’s a transparently phony act, one that’s now been exposed as such.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/09/trump-supreme-court-abortion-ban/619963/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 minute ago, jg121783 said:

So if my body my choice applies here does it also apply to mandatory vaccinations?

Of course not, because you're under orders from The Elite.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

Last night, the Supreme Court quietly green-lit the most extreme abortion ban the United States has seen in half a century:

holy hyperbole, batman.
meanwhile, abortion is still legal in texas

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ban Hammer said:

holy hyperbole, batman.
meanwhile, abortion is still legal in texas

Is the law a complete ban on abortions?

The law bars abortions once cardiac activity can be detected in the embryo. This typically occurs around the sixth week of pregnancy.

That is very early in a pregnancy, and many women do not know they are pregnant at that point. By the time a pregnant woman misses her period, she is four weeks pregnant, as doctors usually define it.

Under the Texas law, then, a woman would have about two weeks to recognize her condition, confirm the pregnancy with a test, make a decision about how to manage the pregnancy and obtain an abortion.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/01/health/texas-abortion-law-facts.html

Timeline
1 hour ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

The law bars abortions once cardiac activity can be detected in the embryo. This typically occurs around the sixth week of pregnancy.

That is very early in a pregnancy, and many women do not know they are pregnant at that point. By the time a pregnant woman misses her period, she is four weeks pregnant, as doctors usually define it.

Under the Texas law, then, a woman would have about two weeks to recognize her condition, confirm the pregnancy with a test, make a decision about how to manage the pregnancy and obtain an abortion.

I've purchased houses, and vehicles, and made big business decisions in far less than two weeks.  If I didn't want a child, I could easily make that decision in a few hours, and still have 13 days and a few hours left over.

Since you seem to disagree with the new TX law, what do YOU consider is a reasonable timeframe after which abortion shouldn't happen?  I have heard arguments from "missed period" up until birth.  But life begins far, FAR before birth, I think we can agree.  

And of course, there are the medical reasons, but let's not go there for this thread.  That should occur after a lengthy discussion with one's doc, and not be a part of this new law.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Did SCOTUS rule on the merits of the Texas law?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Well it seems we can at least say that the author of the article, Laura Bassett, is a hysterical woman.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

4 hours ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

It will be overturned.  From my reading of it SCOTUS turned it around for procedure reasons. Without ok the law

2 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Did SCOTUS rule on the merits of the Texas law?

No from my understanding 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

It will be overturned.  From my reading of it SCOTUS turned it around for procedure reasons. Without ok the law

No from my understanding 

A divided Supreme Court late Wednesday declined to block a restrictive Texas law banning abortions after a fetal cardiac activity can be detected, or as early as six weeks into pregnancy, and allowing anyone in the country to sue abortion providers or others who help women get the procedure after that time frame.

The vote was 5-4, with Chief Justice John Roberts dissenting with the three liberal justices, Elena Kagan, Stephen Breyer and Sonia Sotomayor. Each wrote a separate opinion opposing the majority decision.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Neonred said:

Well it seems we can at least say that the author of the article, Laura Bassett, is a hysterical woman.

4 hours ago, LIBrty4all said:

I've purchased houses, and vehicles, and made big business decisions in far less than two weeks.  If I didn't want a child, I could easily make that decision in a few hours, and still have 13 days and a few hours left over.

Since you seem to disagree with the new TX law, what do YOU consider is a reasonable timeframe after which abortion shouldn't happen?  I have heard arguments from "missed period" up until birth.  But life begins far, FAR before birth, I think we can agree.  

And of course, there are the medical reasons, but let's not go there for this thread.  That should occur after a lengthy discussion with one's doc, and not be a part of this new law.

Have you ever been in the position to decide on whether you need to choose or for a termination?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

No from my understanding 

Most likely in the long run, in the meantime many patients and health care providers will be caught in the middle. 

Politically, some republicans are in denial of what this means at the ballot box, others get it. 

Just now, LIBrty4all said:

No, I make better choices than to have been in that situation.

Ahh, you are a man.