11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi, 

Has anybody tried to do a walk in for biometrics at the Phoenix, AZ office?

We got the biometrics appointment, but we will be out of state at that time.

Just wondering if we can bring the biometrics appointment letter and proof of being away during the scheduled appointment to allow us to do it on a walk in basis? 

Thanks in advance. 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

Walk ins aren’t allowed during covid. These threads are latest I could find but I wouldn’t even attempt to walk in nowadays.

Thanks for the information. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Onelove1977 said:

Hi, 

Just wondering if we can bring the biometrics appointment letter and proof of being away during the scheduled appointment to allow us to do it on a walk in basis? 

Thanks in advance. 

You need an appointment and your appointment letter served as one. Just try to walk in. Go on a Wednesday morning. 

My bio is scheduled for 27th of August, but I did an early walk-in on the 4th of August (2 days ago). There's nothing wrong in trying. Just go and see what they say. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

@Savva is an expert on this. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
3 hours ago, Onelove1977 said:

Hi, 

Here's my friend's story, she's not on Visajourney and I thought it may be helpful for others, so she lives in Austin TX, with a local office in San Antonio, she applied on November 1st 5 year rule, so on July 13th her status changed from "received" to " biometric appointment was scheduled" (not reuse) and also the letter was uploaded into her document tab, the biometrics were scheduled for August 6th, she called me to that and I told her do not wait and to go there immediately to see if they can squeeze her in right away, so she did go there on the 14th, she got there at 10am no people were there and they let her in without any explanation why she wants to do it earlier, so, at 1pm her status changed from "biometrics scheduled" to "case is being actively reviewed by USCIS" on the 15th (next day) her status changed again to "interview was scheduled" for August 24th

Hope it will be helpful 😃😃😃

56 minutes ago, Timona said:

@Savva is an expert on this. 

Lol thank you Timona-)🤞

Timeline
17 hours ago, Meilyn22 said:

You need an appointment and your appointment letter served as one. Just try to walk in. Go on a Wednesday morning. 

My bio is scheduled for 27th of August, but I did an early walk-in on the 4th of August (2 days ago). There's nothing wrong in trying. Just go and see what they say. 

Thank you. I'll try it. 

Timeline
On 8/7/2021 at 12:01 PM, Pinkrlion said:

Walk-ins at ASC is still available.  You have to follow COVID procedures.  So the only person that can come to appot is the one being fingerprinted.  

Thanks 😊

On 8/6/2021 at 10:21 PM, Savva said:

Here's my friend's story, she's not on Visajourney and I thought it may be helpful for others, so she lives in Austin TX, with a local office in San Antonio, she applied on November 1st 5 year rule, so on July 13th her status changed from "received" to " biometric appointment was scheduled" (not reuse) and also the letter was uploaded into her document tab, the biometrics were scheduled for August 6th, she called me to that and I told her do not wait and to go there immediately to see if they can squeeze her in right away, so she did go there on the 14th, she got there at 10am no people were there and they let her in without any explanation why she wants to do it earlier, so, at 1pm her status changed from "biometrics scheduled" to "case is being actively reviewed by USCIS" on the 15th (next day) her status changed again to "interview was scheduled" for August 24th

Hope it will be helpful 😃😃😃

Lol thank you Timona-)🤞

I appreciate the information. 

Timeline

Update:

We attempted to do a walk in biometrics this morning at the Phoenix office. We brought our appointment letter and proof of being out state during scheduled (8/25) biometrics appointment. 

They said we need an appointment for that specific day to enter. They said the only way to work around the system is to try to schedule an InfoPass appointment and possibly get it done sooner. They said we could make an appointment for whatever reason. As long as we have an appointment and go in on that same day, they could do the biometrics early. 

Calling USCIS is a joke. It's a 1.5-2 hour hold. You need a legitimate reason to schedule an InfoPass appointment. It's nearly impossible. Depending on the reason, they'll contact you within 72 hours to 20 days to schedule the appointment if they feel it's necessary. 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/11/2021 at 3:26 PM, Onelove1977 said:

Update:

We attempted to do a walk in biometrics this morning at the Phoenix office. We brought our appointment letter and proof of being out state during scheduled (8/25) biometrics appointment. 

They said we need an appointment for that specific day to enter. They said the only way to work around the system is to try to schedule an InfoPass appointment and possibly get it done sooner. They said we could make an appointment for whatever reason. As long as we have an appointment and go in on that same day, they could do the biometrics early. 

Calling USCIS is a joke. It's a 1.5-2 hour hold. You need a legitimate reason to schedule an InfoPass appointment. It's nearly impossible. Depending on the reason, they'll contact you within 72 hours to 20 days to schedule the appointment if they feel it's necessary. 

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share as well based on my experience that they do not allow walk-in appointments. I understand that some in our VJ community are encouraging other members to do a walk-in but COVID changed the world. My original appointment is scheduled for Sept 17th and I tried to do a walk-in today, Sept 9th at 2pm during their slow period. My FO is Reno. As soon as I got out of my car, the security guard got out of the office and asked me “Do you have an appointment?”. I said yes but it is not until Sept 17th and I was wondering if I could do a walk-in today.” He just said “no” and pointed to a sign outside that everyone must have an appointment to enter. There are only 3 cars outside. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.