Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/6/2021 at 7:03 AM, annierob said:

Approved! I’ll write up later today how everything went!

Congratulations my dear friend!:dancing:😍

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

The wait inside the consulate was the most time consuming. It was almost an hour and a half to two hours just sitting. The interview itself being  less than five minutes. They asked original birth certificate for petitioner if I had it, but I only brought the copy but they didn't say anything about that.

The next day I checked the visa status and it was 'issued' so things are really moving along now! Best of luck to the next round of interviews!

The only thing I'm confused about it whether they needed my joint sponsor (I uploaded everything regarding that) 

I was not asked a single question about them or their documents-does that mean we didn't need one since petitioner met the requirement to sponsor me?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mintaftertaste said:

The wait inside the consulate was the most time consuming. It was almost an hour and a half to two hours just sitting. The interview itself being  less than five minutes. They asked original birth certificate for petitioner if I had it, but I only brought the copy but they didn't say anything about that.

The next day I checked the visa status and it was 'issued' so things are really moving along now! Best of luck to the next round of interviews!

The only thing I'm confused about it whether they needed my joint sponsor (I uploaded everything regarding that) 

I was not asked a single question about them or their documents-does that mean we didn't need one since petitioner met the requirement to sponsor me?

Has anyone had an interview on October 6 and still not had their visa status changed?? 
Starting to panic. 

also just want to confirm this is where we go to check the status. https://ceac.state.gov/IV

33 minutes ago, TEXbound said:

Has anyone had an interview on October 6 and still not had their visa status changed?? 
Starting to panic. 

also just want to confirm this is where we go to check the status. https://ceac.state.gov/IV

Things are really moving so if you're still waiting give a week or two max! 

Also the chest x-ray CD was given to me at the time of my medical, do I take that to the airport when I have to activate my green card?

Edited by Mintaftertaste

Timeline
19 minutes ago, HAB said:

I am not sure how to do next after this. should we wait or contact the courier service. ? I am not sure if there is a link for it. 

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv

You should be able to find the information here! 

Timeline

Hi guys! So I’m Panicking I completed my medical last Friday October the 1st with dr. Zatzman. He personally told me I would get an email from him in a week or less. I didn’t get anything so I called the office and she said they are still waiting for my blood work. The office did not seem to care that my appointment is on October 15 and Monday is a holiday which does not give them much time as she said it could take up to 8 days it would be pushing it so close. Has anyone else had this happen? I really want to make sure my results are there before my appointment. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, katelynns said:

Hi guys! So I’m Panicking I completed my medical last Friday October the 1st with dr. Zatzman. He personally told me I would get an email from him in a week or less. I didn’t get anything so I called the office and she said they are still waiting for my blood work. The office did not seem to care that my appointment is on October 15 and Monday is a holiday which does not give them much time as she said it could take up to 8 days it would be pushing it so close. Has anyone else had this happen? I really want to make sure my results are there before my appointment. 

Don't worry. It doesn't really affect anything if it's not there on time. You'll just have to wait a few more days for AP.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, katelynns said:

False alarm guys! I JUST got the email for. Zatzman and I feel so much better!

Timeline
4 hours ago, Mintaftertaste said:

Things are really moving so if you're still waiting give a week or two max! 

Also the chest x-ray CD was given to me at the time of my medical, do I take that to the airport when I have to activate my green card?

X-rays are for your personal records. You don't need to show them to activate your visa.

Timeline
4 hours ago, HAB said:

I am not sure how to do next after this. should we wait or contact the courier service. ? I am not sure if there is a link for it. 

You need to wait until your CEAC status changes to final processing with the message:

Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than five (5) working days, please go to http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/us_courrier_information to track your courier waybill.

Mine changed to this yesterday, but still cannot access the tracking number at usvisa-info.com where status still says "appointment".

9 minutes ago, HD_BIRDS said:

You need to wait until your CEAC status changes to final processing with the message:

Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than five (5) working days, please go to http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/us_courrier_information to track your courier waybill.

Mine changed to this yesterday, but still cannot access the tracking number at usvisa-info.com where status still says "appointment".

Mine is the same exact wording still. Hopefully we hear something today before the end of the day, but I highly doubt it at this point and is Friday before a long weekend /: 

Timeline
34 minutes ago, HAB said:

Mine is the same exact wording still. Hopefully we hear something today before the end of the day, but I highly doubt it at this point and is Friday before a long weekend /: 

I actually just received a notification over email with the tracking number and that the shipment is not with Purolator.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.