Sarge2155

August 2021 - AOS Filers

205 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, sl1pstream said:

We sent it in on the 31st and got a text notification on the 2nd. We got the informed mail thing a couple of days ago and then USPS lost the NOA letters. So that's cool. We did get the online account letter the day after, so they probably put the NOAs in the wrong mailbox.

I'd contact USCIS, but apparently we have to wait a month, so that's fine, I guess.

USPS at its finest! But you have your case numbers through the test notifications to track your case and your USCIS online account as well. 

On 8/9/2021 at 6:35 PM, Jenn2020 said:

AOS package sent today!😬

Update: Very unexpected but, our biometric appointment was scheduled today! Waiting on the notice with the date😦

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, Jenn2020 said:

Update: Very unexpected but, our biometric appointment was scheduled today! Waiting on the notice with the date😦

That’s really great!!! Hope you receive it soon!! Same I filled on August 2nd but waiting for NOAs.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 8/13/2021 at 5:52 PM, Jack & Anne said:

USPS at its finest! But you have your case numbers through the test notifications to track your case and your USCIS online account as well. 

We do, I just want to get the physical NOAs, in case they ask us for them later. I'm also a little worried about future mail actually getting to our mailbox.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi august fam ! 
I received 3 hard copies of NOA today(15th)  and noticed USCIS scheduled a bio appointment yesterday. 

I sent files on 9th and received txt messages on 11th.

It is really fast, we are not ready for this yet. I am sure you all will get your NOAs soon.

One quick question, the hard copy of NOA is called I-797C, can I use this to apply a driving license? I’m at CA now.  Thank you guys ! 

Edited by pandabeanX

1 hour ago, pandabeanX said:

Hi august fam ! 
I received 3 hard copies of NOA today(15th)  and noticed USCIS scheduled a bio appointment yesterday. 

It is really fast, we are not ready for this yet. I am sure you all will get your NOAs soon.

One quick question, the hard copy of NOA is called I-797C, can I use this to apply a driving license? I’m at CA now.  Thank you guys ! 

Depends on your state, but I would venture to say its unlikely they will accept the NOA!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Depends on your state, but I would venture to say its unlikely they will accept the NOA!

Thanks ! Well, I had a small expectation to get a license with NOA lol. 

18 minutes ago, pandabeanX said:

But check with your DMV I've heard of some states accepting it.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

1 hour ago, pandabeanX said:

Your profile says you’re in California. In that case, I have good news for you. “In 2015, after nearly 20 years of community-led advocacy, driver’s licenses became a reality for all Californians, regardless of immigration status. Assembly Bill 60, the Safe and Responsible Driver’s Act, established a new type of driver’s license: the AB 60 license. AB 60 licenses are available to California residents who lack proof of legal presence but who meet all other requirements necessary to obtain a driver’s license.”

The “other requirements” are basically an ID (foreign passport will suffice) and establishing California residency (utility bill, lease, etc.)

source: https://caimmigrant.org/what-we-do/drivers-licenses-ab-60/

On 8/14/2021 at 10:56 PM, sdsai said:

That’s really great!!! Hope you receive it soon!! Same I filled on August 2nd but waiting for NOAs.

Thank you! I’m also waiting for the NOA’s to come in the mail. 

Hello,

I am filing for I-765 (EAD) along with adjustment of status form I 485.  this month.

In form I -765 ,I have a confusion as to which box to tick in 'Part 1. Reason for Applying'. Previously I was approved of an EAD card based on my F-1 (OPT, student) visa , but I never used that EAD card, and that EAD card is expired now.

Now I am applying for adjustment of status under F2A category, and trying to fill out form I 765 for EAD. My question is, should I tick box 1.a 'Initial permission to accept employment' or box 1.c 'Renewal of my permission to accept employment' ?

Please see the attached screenshot, thanks

Capture.PNG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
17 minutes ago, FaAh said:

Hello,

I am filing for I-765 (EAD) along with adjustment of status form I 485.  this month.

In form I -765 ,I have a confusion as to which box to tick in 'Part 1. Reason for Applying'. Previously I was approved of an EAD card based on my F-1 (OPT, student) visa , but I never used that EAD card, and that EAD card is expired now.

Now I am applying for adjustment of status under F2A category, and trying to fill out form I 765 for EAD. My question is, should I tick box 1.a 'Initial permission to accept employment' or box 1.c 'Renewal of my permission to accept employment' ?

Please see the attached screenshot, thanks

Capture.PNG

Hello, 

I have the same question but with the condition that I did use my previous employment authorization card that I got on F1 student visa.  

Please advise. 

On 8/15/2021 at 5:20 PM, pandabeanX said:

Hi august fam ! 

We have the exact same AOS timeline! And yes you can use the NOAs to apply for a DL. We tried getting a real ID for my husband yesterday but, he wasn’t eligible because he still doesn’t have a SSN so instead we applied for a DL. Make sure to also take your passport and valid visa. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.