Sarge2155

August 2021 - AOS Filers

205 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Joeweis said:

Hi all! Got my NOAs for all my docs today!

Sent the package 4th of August 2021.

Notice date 5th of August 2021.

Received in my mailbox the 9th of August.

Seems that they are going fast!

Wow that's super fast my friend!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

On 8/9/2021 at 8:18 PM, Joeweis said:

Hi all! Got my NOAs for all my docs today!

Sent the package 4th of August 2021.

Notice date 5th of August 2021.

Received in my mailbox the 9th of August.

Seems that they are going fast!

Congrats 🎉 that’s awesome! I hope our case moves that fast.

15 minutes ago, Chad W said:

Just sent off my Wife's AOS yesterday. 

Very good welcome to the thread!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/4/2021 at 10:42 AM, Jack & Anne said:

K1 to AOS! Package sent on 2nd August :) 

Field Office - Newark NJ. Jumped through a few hoops at the Consulate level to get here! Happy to help anyone who is getting ready to file with whatever little I know! 

Cheers! 

Package Sent - Aug 2

Package Received - Aug 4 

SMS with Case No (Starting with IOE) - Aug 6 

Waiting for the hard copy NOA1 and the online access code for USCIS account... :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jack & Anne said:

Package Sent - Aug 2

Package Received - Aug 4 

Waiting for the hard copy NOA1 and the online access code for USCIS account... :) 

2 days wait for case number…💪getting faster and faster every day … you’re officially back in the waiting game! Welcome 

I am hoping someone can help me better understand Filing AP. Are we saying to file this as a just incase? I have a friends wedding I would like to attend August 20, 2022, and I plan on filing my AOS EAD August 31, 2021. Should I still need the AP for that date, or should I file it for an early date (like Christmas) and use that as an oppurtunity to visit home for a few days (I am from a town only 6 hours drive from my US address). Thank you for your assistance on this matter. 

On 8/11/2021 at 6:02 PM, Jack & Anne said:

Package Sent - Aug 2

Package Received - Aug 4 

Update: Received receipt number for form I-797! Here’s my timeline for those keeping track: 

08/09: Sent AOS package 

08/11: Delivered 

08/12: SMS with receipt number (IOE) 

Will we receive the other receipt numbers later? Is that normal to just receive one. 

On 8/11/2021 at 6:02 PM, Jack & Anne said:

Package Sent - Aug 2

Package Received - Aug 4 

Did you receive all three receipt numbers? 

UPDATE: Just received NOA1 for all three forms!😁 I was confused because we received three text messages saying receipt number for form I-797 (I thought it was the I-765) but, they all had different numbers so I checked my case status and it's one for each form. It also says I should receive a hard copy in the mail soon! I can't believe how fast its moving! Good luck to everyone

Timeline
On 8/12/2021 at 3:48 AM, john542008@hotmai said:

I am hoping someone can help me better understand Filing AP. Are we saying to file this as a just incase? I have a friends wedding I would like to attend August 20, 2022, and I plan on filing my AOS EAD August 31, 2021. Should I still need the AP for that date, or should I file it for an early date (like Christmas) and use that as an oppurtunity to visit home for a few days (I am from a town only 6 hours drive from my US address). Thank you for your assistance on this matter. 

Your providing an early date will not speed up your AP process. It will come when it will come. And most of file the AP anyway with the AOS package whether we actually intend to use it or not. 

Timeline
On 8/11/2021 at 9:02 PM, Jack & Anne said:

Package Sent - Aug 2

Package Received - Aug 4 

Hard copy NOA for all 3 cases - Aug 12

Hoping I get the online access code letter soon! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
On 8/5/2021 at 1:55 PM, YJ87 said:

Hi!

We sent our AOS on July 30th by FedEX and arrived at Chicago Lockbox on August 2nd morning. I received text messages and email with case numbers (I-485, I-131 and I-765) on August 3rd evening. Filing fee was charged on August 3rd too. Just hope to receive a paper notice in mail soon!

Received hard copy of NOA on August 7th! 

On 8/12/2021 at 2:48 AM, john542008@hotmai said:

File the AP with your packet from the start!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

We sent it in on the 31st and got a text notification on the 2nd. We got the informed mail thing a couple of days ago and then USPS lost the NOA letters. So that's cool. We did get the online account letter the day after, so they probably put the NOAs in the wrong mailbox.

I'd contact USCIS, but apparently we have to wait a month, so that's fine, I guess.

Edited by sl1pstream

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.