ND9811

Timeline on VJ

26 posts in this topic

Hello,

Not 100% sure if this is the correct section to post this question on or not. I am petitioning for my wife for a CR1 visa for marriage based greencard. I filled out the timeline and VJ is giving me an estinated approval date of )ctober 2021. 

Our PD is only April 14th of 2021 so this seems very inaccurate considering that our processing center is Potomac which is a minimum 13.5 to 17.5 month estimate on USCIS website. Is this something that anyone else is experiencing? Are cases processing that much more quickly for recent petitioners even though the USCIS website is saying much longer? Attached is a screenshot

image.thumb.png.2adb5e3b04a5ca1b374aec3bb68cdb5e.png

My friend and I were in Texas Service Center

His took 8 months

Mine took 4 months.

So it really depends.

Send IV Package : 2021-03-28

1 minute ago, Israth said:

My friend and I were in Texas Service Center

His took 8 months

Mine took 4 months.

So it really depends.

I definitely understand that but it isn’t really my question. 

estimated processing time is 13.5 - 17.5 months. VisaJourney is estimating I will be approved within 6 months and that if it takes longer I am outside normal processing times. There must be some type of glitch. 

2 minutes ago, ND9811 said:

I definitely understand that but it isn’t really my question. 

estimated processing time is 13.5 - 17.5 months. VisaJourney is estimating I will be approved within 6 months and that if it takes longer I am outside normal processing times. There must be some type of glitch. 

VJ giving you estimate from VJ member data, so this could be closer to real estimate.

USCIS site had 9-11 months processing time for me, but I got approved much quicker.

Send IV Package : 2021-03-28

Just now, Israth said:

VJ giving you estimate from VJ member data, so this could be closer to real estimate.

USCIS site had 9-11 months processing time for me, but I got approved much quicker.

Seems this is unlikely the explanation because VJ also says that this processing center is taking around two years for current members in the Potomac center when looking at the Potomac processing times page. I don’t think that’s it. 

also, it is quoting USCIS processing times and saying I can submit an inquiry for out of the norm processing times after October 2021, which would not be the case. 

Timeline

I’ve found that issue, too. I think the problem lies with the transfer, so VJ only looks at the original service center instead of the processing times (dates provided by VJ users) of the newly assigned service center. It makes sense because USCIS shows that NSC has a current processing time of 1.5 - 7 months, which would match your September estimate and other users’ timelines from NSC (i.e. NSC only). 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
6 hours ago, StrawberryKiss said:

I’ve found that issue, too. I think the problem lies with the transfer, so VJ only looks at the original service center instead of the processing times (dates provided by VJ users) of the newly assigned service center. It makes sense because USCIS shows that NSC has a current processing time of 1.5 - 7 months, which would match your September estimate and other users’ timelines from NSC (i.e. NSC only). 

Agree my case was at Nebraska 10 months and Senator made an inquiry which said they had completed their process/  they had not / they had sent it to Missouri for faster processing (another 6 months)  I looked Missouri up and at that time they did not list CR1 as something they worked on.  so no stats there.

and if you read here often many cases are being transfered office to office .   this only makes the office monthly report look good.

do all people applying for a visa join VJ -No

and do all on VJ complete a timeline-No

there is no way to tell if the new applicants are moving faster than older ones especially when USCIS offices are only step 1 and many cases are now setting at NVC waiting for embassies to completely open for interviews  Step one is just that the first step

1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

Agree my case was at Nebraska 10 months and Senator made an inquiry which said they had completed their process/  they had not / they had sent it to Missouri for faster processing (another 6 months)  I looked Missouri up and at that time they did not list CR1 as something they worked on.  so no stats there.

and if you read here often many cases are being transfered office to office .   this only makes the office monthly report look good.

do all people applying for a visa join VJ -No

and do all on VJ complete a timeline-No

there is no way to tell if the new applicants are moving faster than older ones especially when USCIS offices are only step 1 and many cases are now setting at NVC waiting for embassies to completely open for interviews  Step one is just that the first step

Not sure if I get what you are saying, though. VJ is saying that if it goes past October 2021, I can make an out of processing time inquiry. That is not the case as since my case is processing out of Potomac which means I could not file an inquiry until after November 2022.

I am not questioning the processing times themselves, just the discrepancy between what VJ is saying and what USCIS is saying. Regardless of how many people sign up at VJ, it doesn't change when I can file an out of processing time inquiry. 

To respond to the post you replied to, Even October would be 6 months and even for Nebraska I wouldn't be able to file an inquiry until December 2021. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

you asked if more recent petitioners were getting approved faster

USCIS flirts with the info (stats) as they pass cases off to other offices

and VJ can not give stats on all as not everyone signs up and/or does a timeline

and that is why there is a discrepancy/ if VJ had info on all immigration cases,  the stats would be the same as USCIS 

and yes, you can inquire after December 2021, 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 hours ago, ND9811 said:

Hello,

Not 100% sure if this is the correct section to post this question on or not. I am petitioning for my wife for a CR1 visa for marriage based greencard. I filled out the timeline and VJ is giving me an estinated approval date of )ctober 2021. 

Our PD is only April 14th of 2021 so this seems very inaccurate considering that our processing center is Potomac which is a minimum 13.5 to 17.5 month estimate on USCIS website. Is this something that anyone else is experiencing? Are cases processing that much more quickly for recent petitioners even though the USCIS website is saying much longer? Attached is a screenshot

image.thumb.png.2adb5e3b04a5ca1b374aec3bb68cdb5e.png

It really all depends on each individual case.  This all depends on the I puts from everyone's own timeline, in which case gives you the "estimate" 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

VJ processing times are only based on what other members have put in in the past. VJ members are only a little piece of the cake so maybe we just had the lucky ones here that got approved rather quick. Also the date you see there can change constantly. Maybe tomorrow some people finally had an approval after 3 years waiting and you'll see that your date will push out. Or a bunch of people got approved after filing an expedite and suddenly your date is even closer. Or a handful people put in wrong dates and mess everything up.

If you read the text on the bottom carefully it doesn't say that you're outside normal processing times after the VJ estimate has passed. It differentiates between VJ and the official USCIS times. Don't call USCIS and tell them about your VJ estimate, they don't care about that 😉

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
7 hours ago, ND9811 said:

Not sure if I get what you are saying, though. VJ is saying that if it goes past October 2021, I can make an out of processing time inquiry. That is not the case as since my case is processing out of Potomac which means I could not file an inquiry until after November 2022.

I am not questioning the processing times themselves, just the discrepancy between what VJ is saying and what USCIS is saying. Regardless of how many people sign up at VJ, it doesn't change when I can file an out of processing time inquiry. 

To respond to the post you replied to, Even October would be 6 months and even for Nebraska I wouldn't be able to file an inquiry until December 2021. 

Go by what USCIS says when you can make an inquiry when you are outside your processing time. They are the official source. Visajourney is a separate entity and has no connection with USCIS .

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

53 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

VJ processing times are only based on what other members have put in in the past. VJ members are only a little piece of the cake so maybe we just had the lucky ones here that got approved rather quick. Also the date you see there can change constantly. Maybe tomorrow some people finally had an approval after 3 years waiting and you'll see that your date will push out. Or a bunch of people got approved after filing an expedite and suddenly your date is even closer. Or a handful people put in wrong dates and mess everything up.

If you read the text on the bottom carefully it doesn't say that you're outside normal processing times after the VJ estimate has passed. It differentiates between VJ and the official USCIS times. Don't call USCIS and tell them about your VJ estimate, they don't care about that 😉

Agreed, I've always thought of VJ timelines as only educated guesses. The predictions are only as good as the data in VJ members' timelines... And we are a tiny subset of all applicants.

Best to go by the official USCIS timelines before making case inquiries. Who knows, while waiting, one could certainly be pleasantly surprised.

8 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

you asked if more recent petitioners were getting approved faster

USCIS flirts with the info (stats) as they pass cases off to other offices

and VJ can not give stats on all as not everyone signs up and/or does a timeline

and that is why there is a discrepancy/ if VJ had info on all immigration cases,  the stats would be the same as USCIS 

and yes, you can inquire after December 2021, 

1 hour ago, Letspaintcookies said:

31 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

Go by what USCIS says when you can make an inquiry when you are outside your processing time. They are the official source. Visajourney is a separate entity and has no connection with USCIS .

23 minutes ago, Adventine said:

Agreed, I've always thought of VJ timelines as only educated guesses. The predictions are only as good as the data in VJ members' timelines... And we are a tiny subset of all applicants.

Best to go by the official USCIS timelines before making case inquiries. Who knows, while waiting, one could certainly be pleasantly surprised.

Got it. So it is normal for VJ to say people can file an Inquiry early? 

I cannot file in December for an inquiry because I am at Potomac and USCIS says to wait until 11/2022 to file an inquiry based off my PD date. 

but I think it just seems that this is a glitch in VJs system to not be clear on this.

i understand now and I hope all your petitions approved to