11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My wife's case was put on hold due to covid 19. We received this email on Thursday. It's a day that we have been waiting for.. The letter clearly states what we should do and we are overjoyed.

The only problem we are having is/ if the red marking on the ds260 mark on the letter is a mistake. In my opinion it seems as though they were about to add something and decided to scratch it off. 

I would like for anyone else to advise us on their opinion once you look at the attachment. 

Thank you for your help...

20210704_234906.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Chancy said:

Contact the embassy and ask 

I don't have a problem doing that. It's not what you said; its the way you said it. I can take constructive criticism; however, I feel a lot of you are rude to certain people on here amd certain people you respondto be better. Be blessed.

Mod. Just please delete and how do I get off of this site?

2 hours ago, payxibka said:

Agreed. 

I am assuming the OP wasn't going to be satisfied with anything less than  a spoon fed answer.  As an aside, OP is lucky I didn't answer.

Dodged a bullet!  😅

This is presumably a rescheduled or delayed appointment. A new medical is required if it is longer than 6 months since the old one was done. A new/updated DS260 is required if it is longer than a year since the last one. It looks like they initially checked the DS260 box then tried to scratch it out - would have been clearer if they had used a black pen for that, but you can probably figure out what they need by how long ago you submitted the DS. Or, call them to clarify.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

On 7/5/2021 at 11:15 AM, Chancy said:
On 7/5/2021 at 11:11 AM, payxibka said:

As an aside, OP is lucky I didn't answer.

That thought did cross my mind :lol:

VJ is littered with those who have shared this misfortune. 😂

On 7/4/2021 at 9:16 PM, Abram&Ese said:

My wife's case was put on hold due to covid 19. We received this email on Thursday. It's a day that we have been waiting for.. The letter clearly states what we should do and we are overjoyed.

The only problem we are having is/ if the red marking on the ds260 mark on the letter is a mistake. In my opinion it seems as though they were about to add something and decided to scratch it off. 

I would like for anyone else to advise us on their opinion once you look at the attachment. 

Thank you for your help...

20210704_234906.jpg

If this were an election ballot, and I were a ballot counter, I would count this as a vote to send a new DS-260. If the intent was to not submit a new DS-260, then after making a mistake, the entire line would be crossed out.

Edited by Mike E

• 2 weeks later...

Based on your interview date of February 2020 on your time-line it's possible the DS-260 was outlined to be requested because you would be beyond the one year requirement for action. With changes in law, it's possible it was crossed out as the form you submitted can be extended. I would check the status of my DS-260 online. If that doesn't clearly show a resolution, I agree to contact the Embassy for clarification.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.