399 posts in this topic

Finally got around to filing my N400 last week. I can see my ROC has now moved to a different office, is this normal? 

My original office was SRC and I have not received any updates since filing in July 21

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Reed1812 said:

Finally got around to filing my N400 last week. I can see my ROC has now moved to a different office, is this normal? 

My original office was SRC and I have not received any updates since filing in July 21

Yes, it is common for I-751s to get transferred after filing N-400. 

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 2/14/2023 at 7:45 PM, Allison1128 said:

Anyone here passed their n400 interview but can’t be approved yet due to pending I-751? My I-751 was filed in July, 2021 and was transferred to NBC in September, 2021. 

I filed n400 September, 2022 and got interview was scheduled notice in January, 2023. Today 2/14/2023 I completed my interview. 

Today I passed my n400 interview but the officer can’t get my oath ceremony scheduled yet because whoever has my case has to approve my i751 before I can get my oath ceremony. Is anyone on the same boat? I hope this won’t take too long :( 

Similar situation here. Filed I-751 in July 2021, Attended N400 interview in November 2022, and passed the civics test The officer then realized my I-751 was at the Potomac Service center and said he'd have to have it transferred over to the local office. (which did happen) Was provided an  RFE, for which I submitted the documents before the December deadline. I've been waiting ever since. These delays are extremely frustrating!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 2/7/2023 at 10:56 PM, ADAngel said:

Hello everyone! 

Great news! On 1/31/23 the USCIS website updated to show that my husband's green card had been printed. On 2/1, it updated again to show that our petition was approved without an interview! His card was shipped on 2/3 and we received it yesterday, 2/6. Our service center was Nebraska.

We haven't applied for his citizenship and probably won't for a while, so I just wanted to update everyone with our timeline without the N-400 application.

To say we are relieved is a total understatement, it's such a huge weight of our shoulders to finally have a 10 year permanent residency card. The impending expiration of our extension letter was starting to cause some issues and with a trip to the UK coming up in May I was starting to freak out!

Did anyone else get differing estimates from VJ ranging anywhere from February 16th to May 15th? I had to stop opening them since they were freaking me out haha.

Anyway, there is a light at the end of the tunnel!! I wish all of you good luck and hope that your approvals are on their way! 💞

image.thumb.png.e354c83799ff41c314a975b87b7633e2.png

On 2/7/2023 at 10:56 PM, ADAngel said:

Hello everyone! 

Great news! On 1/31/23 the USCIS website updated to show that my husband's green card had been printed. On 2/1, it updated again to show that our petition was approved without an interview! His card was shipped on 2/3 and we received it yesterday, 2/6. Our service center was Nebraska.

We haven't applied for his citizenship and probably won't for a while, so I just wanted to update everyone with our timeline without the N-400 application.

To say we are relieved is a total understatement, it's such a huge weight of our shoulders to finally have a 10 year permanent residency card. The impending expiration of our extension letter was starting to cause some issues and with a trip to the UK coming up in May I was starting to freak out!

Did anyone else get differing estimates from VJ ranging anywhere from February 16th to May 15th? I had to stop opening them since they were freaking me out haha.

Anyway, there is a light at the end of the tunnel!! I wish all of you good luck and hope that your approvals are on their way! 💞

image.thumb.png.e354c83799ff41c314a975b87b7633e2.png

An August filet here, recently approved waiting for “card sent” update. Congrats

®️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

All right everybody- posting here to get some words of encouragement in this journey....

We applied for ROC on July 16 of 2021, my Greencard Expiration date was 9/30/2021.

I received a first extension letter quickly,

Then received a second extension letter (24 months)

I have not reached out to anybody but started to get nervous with September right around the corner after the summer...

Just this week in the mail: a 48 month extension letter. Anybody received anything similar yet? I am happy I do not have to worry for another 2 years now but I would also just like to be done with this.

We have not received a request for any additional information. My online status currently is unavailable (I am assuming due to the newly issued extension) and the last history point is "1/26/22 case was updated to show fingerprints were taken" - that's over a year ago now. 

Anway I guess I am just here to tell myself and others in this same boat to hang in there!

K1 (2018)

Feb 28: petition sent

March 12: NOA1

October 10: NOA2

Feb 5 2019: Interview (approved!)

Feb 12: Passport received, visa in hand

March 12: enter US, POE; Boston

March 21st (1st day of spring🌻😞 married!

AOS (2019) 

April 12: Sent in AOS, EAD and AP

April 15: Delivered at USCIS

May 15: Opened service req for NOA1

May 20: NOA1

May 30: Opened service req for biometrics appointment scheduling

June 6: Requested expedite processing on EAD (via phone)

June 12: Asked to fax evidence for expedite, sent in job offer (non-profit) and cover letter

June 17: Received RFIE (birth certificate) - notified that EAD expedite was on hold

June 20: Evidence received by USCIS after overnighting

June 21: Asked for expedite request to be re-activated (via phone)

June 26: Expedite could not be completed because of missing biometrics (E-mail)

June 26: Biometrics appointment got scheduled (for July 9)

July 3: Walk- in biometrics

July 8: Asked for expedite request to be re-activated (via phone)

July 13: Expedite request for EAD was approved (E-mail)

July 17: Hard copy of Notice of Approval for both EAD and AP in snail mail- online status changed to card was mailed to me 

July 20: EAD/ AP combo card in hand

Hey Everyone,

I also received a 48 months extension this past Saturday. Not going lie I thought it was an approval but I know and have faith it is coming. My service center is Potomac.  As far as my status on USCIS has been “ Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken“ since 02-09-22. Hoping everyone to get news soon! Stay safe and well! 😀

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Mrijex said:

All right everybody- posting here to get some words of encouragement in this journey....

We applied for ROC on July 16 of 2021, my Greencard Expiration date was 9/30/2021.

I have not reached out to anybody but started to get nervous with September right around the corner after the summer...

Just this week in the mail: a 48 month extension letter. Anybody received anything similar yet? I am happy I do not have to worry for another 2 years now but I would also just like to be done with this.

We have not received a request for any additional information. My online status currently is unavailable (I am assuming due to the newly issued extension) and the last history point is "1/26/22 case was updated to show fingerprints were taken" - that's over a year ago now. 

Anway I guess I am just here to tell myself and others in this same boat to hang in there!

I understand it’s not ideal, but as long as you have the extension letter, there’s nothing to worry about. Like you said, hang in there

®️

17 hours ago, Mrijex said:

We have all been receiving the 48 month extension - which we personally welcomed as the 24 one would expire this July-.

Glad to know we're not alone waiting for almost two years: we filed April 2021, thought the case would be approved with no issue, but over a year ago we received an RFE, responded immediately, got the case transferred to another office and then status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"; all that in a single week. In October last year the status changed to "Fingerprints were taken" and recently learnt from the forum that was just a glitch; there is no movement since then. 😕

Instead of using the USCIS account,  we check our status here on a daily basis since we received the new extension: 

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 3/15/2023 at 8:23 PM, Mrijex said:

I have the same exact dates as you and just got my 48 month extension letter last Saturday. I feel like our case # might be quite closer to each other.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2023 at 9:11 AM, Reed1812 said:

Bio taken today. Case has updated immediately to 'case being actively worked on'

Assume next step is interview being scheduled?

2 minutes ago, Reed1812 said:

Bio taken today. Case has updated immediately to 'case being actively worked on'

Interview or RFE if there's anything missing.

Could you please update your timeline for others?

On 4/17/2023 at 1:08 PM, Reed1812 said:

Interview Scheduled for 6 weeks time. Glad things are moving

Has any other July 21 filers got their citizenship yet?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi all - I just saw online that my N400 interview is scheduled for next month. Unfortunately my USC spouse is not in the country on the day of my interview. She is a high school teacher who is leading a language department's summer trip and traveling abroad with a group of students for a week. By no means, she can either cancel her plan or reschedule it because there are 49 people in the whole group including other chaperons. I have no idea if my interview is going to end up being a combo interview with my pending I-751 or just N400. Should I be concerned that my USC spouse won't be there with me for N400 interview? What can I do to convince IO that my wife and are still married despite her not being there? I plan to take our marriage certificate, this years taxes, any bank, mortgage, etc statements. Any insight or piece of wisdom will be helpful, thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.