399 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Sellamalola said:

Was your case not moved when you sent the N400? My i751 case was moved a few days after submitting the N400, idk if it helped but under mandatory documents I submitted the expired gc and the extension letter, I also added a cover letter detailing that a i751 was pending and asked for a combo interview 🤷🏽‍♀️ just rolling dice basically 😁 but am remaining positive towards a good outcome, so if you didn’t upload a copy of your extension letter try it, good luck friend 🍀 

Nope, we didn't get any notice of the I-751 paperwork being moved after submitting our N-400.

We uploaded the mandatory documents for N-400, plus a few more updated evidence after the I-751 was filed including health and medical insurance, and other financial disclosures.

The latest unsolicited evidence we uploaded was the IRS tax transcripts, and a full copy of the I-751 application packet and the 797-C Notice of Action extending the validity of our green card.

I will take your advise to upload a letter of request for combination adjudication of both the I-751 and N-400.

Thank you for writing back.

Cheers,

G&A

On 11/2/2022 at 3:29 PM, Gaps0214 said:

Nope, we didn't get any notice of the I-751 paperwork being moved after submitting our N-400.

We uploaded the mandatory documents for N-400, plus a few more updated evidence after the I-751 was filed including health and medical insurance, and other financial disclosures.

The latest unsolicited evidence we uploaded was the IRS tax transcripts, and a full copy of the I-751 application packet and the 797-C Notice of Action extending the validity of our green card.

I will take your advise to upload a letter of request for combination adjudication of both the I-751 and N-400.

Thank you for writing back.

Cheers,

G&A

Of course friend! Let us know if something happens after submitting a cover letter asking for a combo interview 🙏🏽 hopefully that works and you guys can be done with this soon!!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi all, just checking in. 

My case status:

January 26, 2022 Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken
July 16, 2021 We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

I feel like it's been so long since January... I have my 24 month extension letter which means I should be set till 9/25/23 but nerves are starting to kick in.

Anybody else in this boat? I am not interested in the citizenship right now.

Also does anybody have experience with traveling internationally on this extension? I'd like to visit family Spring 2023 but I don't want to risk anything obviously.

Thanks!!

K1 (2018)

Feb 28: petition sent

March 12: NOA1

October 10: NOA2

Feb 5 2019: Interview (approved!)

Feb 12: Passport received, visa in hand

March 12: enter US, POE; Boston

March 21st (1st day of spring🌻😞 married!

AOS (2019) 

April 12: Sent in AOS, EAD and AP

April 15: Delivered at USCIS

May 15: Opened service req for NOA1

May 20: NOA1

May 30: Opened service req for biometrics appointment scheduling

June 6: Requested expedite processing on EAD (via phone)

June 12: Asked to fax evidence for expedite, sent in job offer (non-profit) and cover letter

June 17: Received RFIE (birth certificate) - notified that EAD expedite was on hold

June 20: Evidence received by USCIS after overnighting

June 21: Asked for expedite request to be re-activated (via phone)

June 26: Expedite could not be completed because of missing biometrics (E-mail)

June 26: Biometrics appointment got scheduled (for July 9)

July 3: Walk- in biometrics

July 8: Asked for expedite request to be re-activated (via phone)

July 13: Expedite request for EAD was approved (E-mail)

July 17: Hard copy of Notice of Approval for both EAD and AP in snail mail- online status changed to card was mailed to me 

July 20: EAD/ AP combo card in hand

12 minutes ago, Mrijex said:

Hi all, just checking in. 

My case status:

January 26, 2022 Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken
July 16, 2021 We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

I feel like it's been so long since January... I have my 24 month extension letter which means I should be set till 9/25/23 but nerves are starting to kick in.

Anybody else in this boat? I am not interested in the citizenship right now.

Also does anybody have experience with traveling internationally on this extension? I'd like to visit family Spring 2023 but I don't want to risk anything obviously.

Thanks!!

I travelled abroad on an expired GC with original copies of the extension letters.

No issue at return check in counter, airlines know about this.

No issue at US port of entry as well.

Go ahead make that trip.

My I-751 status has not changed 488 days now and is still at "Case Received". My documents are in LIN.

I went for an N-400 interview two weeks ago, and while the IO said I passed the interview, I will have to wait for the an invitation to take the oath because my I-751 still needs to be reviewed.

So, if you are eligible for naturalization, it's all online, and you have 30 days to finish an application from starting the process. You can upload as many evidences as you wish including unsolicited ones.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

On 11/4/2022 at 4:15 PM, Sellamalola said:

Of course friend! Let us know if something happens after submitting a cover letter asking for a combo interview 🙏🏽 hopefully that works and you guys can be done with this soon!!

Hi Sellamalola,

My apologies I didn't get back to this thread when I completed my N-400 interview.

So that N-400 interview happened as scheduled, I brought my husband to the appointment but the IO declined to accommodate a combo interview on the pending I-751.

I passed the N-400 interview and was given Form N-652 Naturalization Interview Results.

I got checked for passing the English test and the U.S. history and government test, and Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval (At this time it appears you have established your eligibility for naturalization, if final approval is granted, you will be notified of when and where to report for your naturalization ceremony).

After the N-400 interview the IO told me that she will look into the I-751 A-file and if everything is in order, there should be no need for another interview, and I should look out for the oath-taking invitation in the mail.

Interview consisted of confirming N-400 information, then the naturalization test, 5 civics questions, a one-time English writing exercise on an iPad (write what the IO says), then the declaration part with Yes and No answers. Altogether the interview took less than 15 minutes in and out the door.

It is now roughly 2 weeks since the N-400 interview, and my online account still shows unchanged status of I-751 and N-400 applications. 

Its not unreasonable to expect that there is going to be some more waiting time, after all my GC extension letter doesn't expire until October 2023.

But it would've been nice if all this is behind me so life can move forward to intended goals, like more meaningful and fulfilling work.

Cheers,

G&A

• 1 month later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello all - I just noticed that the YSC# before and after my number were approved back in December 2022. But mine and several others close to my receipt number haven’t been approved yet. Just wondering if the receipt #s are processed randomly or in an order. Doesn’t seem orderly to me but just wondering. 

according to VJ, I should be expecting a result anytime now so let’s see. How’s everyone wait been?

18 minutes ago, AM 7 said:

Hello all - I just noticed that the YSC# before and after my number were approved back in December 2022.

January 2023 just begun, and December 2022 just finished. Give it a little time! 

Edited by OldUser

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Does one need to update address on DL if place of residence has changed since filing for I751 but N400 has the new address? I have made USCIS aware of address change already so I’m just wondering if DL needs to match the current place of residence. I didn’t change cities or even a county. Same county and city but just a different address. Please lmk, thanks!

20 minutes ago, AM 7 said:

Does one need to update address on DL if place of residence has changed since filing for I751 but N400 has the new address? I have made USCIS aware of address change already so I’m just wondering if DL needs to match the current place of residence. I didn’t change cities or even a county. Same county and city but just a different address. Please lmk, thanks!

Yes, always update your DL after moving to a new address. Many, if not all States, require you to do that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey all, got an update due to citizenship application! I submitted N-400 in July 2022 in Cincinnati, got an interview notice for N-400 in mid-January, and then a few days later got an interview notice for I-751 (same place and time, so combo interview).

Science is not a liberal conspiracy.

Our immigration journey 

Spoiler

01/02/2018 Started dating 

01/21/2019 Got engaged

04/08/2019 Got married

06/17/2019 AOS package sent

06/19/2019 Package delivered

06/24/2019 Card charged 

06/25/2019 Text notifications (no email!)

07/03/2019 Received NOA1 for I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131 (dated 06/25/2019)

07/20/2019 Received biometrics appointment letter (dated 07/12/2019)

07/31/2019 Biometrics

09/03/2019 Received interview notice

10/10/2019 Interview

10/11/2019 Case approved! :star:

10/16/2019 "Card was mailed" case status update

10/17/2019 Received tracking number for the green card in mail

10/18/2019 Green card in hand! 

Spoiler

07/18/2021 ROC package sent (UPS)

07/22/2021 Package delivered

07/23/2021 Card charged

07/24/2021 Text notification - case received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.