moxy

Ignore feature not working?

14 posts in this topic

I have a member on my Ignore list, but continue to see their posts, and they continue to reply to my posts. I've added, deleted, and then re-added this user, to no avail. Does this feature not work, or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks.

Edited by moxy

Wow, that's weird. When I was blocking a couple of people, I could only see their posts if they happened to post at exactly the same time as me, or if I consciously clicked on the option to see their posts.

Edit: you can't block a mod. Is this person a mod?

Edited by laylalex

4 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Wow, that's weird. When I was blocking a couple of people, I could only see their posts if they happened to post at exactly the same time as me, or if I consciously clicked on the option to see their posts.

Yeah, it's bizarre. The ignore function, at least for me, is completely non-functional.

I reported it three times before I finally got an answer from a mod... to not report it, and post it here. And so far... 🦗🦗. So maybe ignore is working, just not in the way I thought. :)

Edit: This person is not a mod, as far as I know.

Edited by moxy

Just now, laylalex said:

What are those supposed to be??? Green shrimp??

According to the VJ emoji widget, they are crickets.

I know...

Still haven't received a reply or fix on this. If this isn't the right place to report this issue, feel free to direct me to the right place. I posted here based on mod recommendation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/23/2021 at 10:34 AM, moxy said:

Still haven't received a reply or fix on this. If this isn't the right place to report this issue, feel free to direct me to the right place. I posted here based on mod recommendation.

You posted in the right place. It is a site issue and only Captain Ewok can look into this. He checks this forum often and will come along soon. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• 2 weeks later...

just dont go into that subforum and pretty much everyone will be blocked 🤣

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

On 6/24/2021 at 1:17 PM, Ontarkie said:

You posted in the right place. It is a site issue and only Captain Ewok can look into this. He checks this forum often and will come along soon. 

That would be nice. The issue still isn't resolved. Trying to do the right thing here, but the tool is broken.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Does it work for others?  Just trying to understand if this is for one person of many. 

Try turning off and then back on to test. 

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

24 minutes ago, Captain Ewok said:

Does it work for others?  Just trying to understand if this is for one person of many. 

I'll try blocking @moxy later when I'm not on my phone and report back.

2 hours ago, Captain Ewok said:

Try turning off and then back on to test. 

Thanks. Tried that. Seems to not make a difference. If it helps you troubleshoot, there is one person on my block list.

I put @moxy on my ignore list and I can still see all his posts in this thread. I have a couple other people on my ignore list and I cannot see any of their posts (I just checked). Also all of the signatures I blocked are still blocked. 

Then I noticed something. When I went to my list of blocked users, while moxy was on my list, none of the content options for blocking were selected. The other users had certain things ticked off as being blocked. 

Go to this page and make sure that you select what you want to block: https://www.visajourney.com/ignore/

This is what it will look like when you haven't selected to block anything specific:

j0Tw1bK.jpg

Select "Change ignored content"

Choose what you want to block and save changes. BOOM!

Edited by laylalex

56 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I put @moxy on my ignore list and I can still see all his posts in this thread. I have a couple other people on my ignore list and I cannot see any of their posts (I just checked). Also all of the signatures I blocked are still blocked. 

Then I noticed something. When I went to my list of blocked users, while moxy was on my list, none of the content options for blocking were selected. The other users had certain things ticked off as being blocked. 

Go to this page and make sure that you select what you want to block: https://www.visajourney.com/ignore/

This is what it will look like when you haven't selected to block anything specific:

j0Tw1bK.jpg

Select "Change ignored content"

Choose what you want to block and save changes. BOOM!

Ohhhh! Wow, interesting. So when you add someone to ignore, you've only done half the job.

This is REALLY un-intuitive. When I add someone to ignore, those boxes should automatically be checked. It should be opt-out, not opt-in. Would you agree @Captain Ewok?

Also, does this imply the person I'm ignoring can still see my posts? Ideally, when you ignore somebody, it should work both ways.

Edited to add: Thank you @laylalex!!

Edited by moxy