2,965 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, cathie2021 said:

Hello folks,

I applied for the VAWA case in April 20th 2019 and have received 3 or 4  Prima Facie’s so far. And i never got RFE request for my case. 

I contacted the my Congresman about 10 days ago and they emailed me a few days later that they had contacted USCIS.  
I just want to ask you 2 questions.  Please help me.

1-) How many days, on average, do you think, the USCIS gives a response to Congresman?  

2-) Can I contact  to the Senators if I didn’t get any help from Congresman? I live in NJ and i have 2 senators in here. 

Folks, anyone can help me? Please

4 hours ago, cathie2021 said:

Hello folks,

I applied for the VAWA case in April 20th 2019 and have received 3 or 4  Prima Facie’s so far. And i never got RFE request for my case. 

I contacted the my Congresman about 10 days ago and they emailed me a few days later that they had contacted USCIS.  
I just want to ask you 2 questions.  Please help me.

1-) How many days, on average, do you think, the USCIS gives a response to Congresman?  

2-) Can I contact  to the Senators if I didn’t get any help from Congresman? I live in NJ and i have 2 senators in here. 

1. It can take a couple weeks to over a month. 

2. You can. But the delay in getting answers is most likely from USCIS nit your congressman so it can take the same amount of time to get an answer from your senator. But you can definitely reach out to both of them.

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

8 hours ago, BestChampion said:

Hello all,

My I-485 was approved yesterday :dance: Thanks to everyone here for providing guidance and answering questions 😀😘❤️

Here is my timeline. My local office is Dallas, Texas. 

Dec 2018 - I-360/I-485/I765/I-131 filed 
June 2020 - RFE (Police clearance from home country)
June 2020 - Sent mail to USCIS with required docs
Nov 2020 - VAWA approved
Jan 2021 - Case moved to local office.
May 2021 - Case is ready to be scheduled for interview. But USCIS scheduled it in different state where my attorney is. Attorney contacted USCIS asking to reschedule in Dallas
June 2021 - Interview rescheduled in Dallas for June 25th
June 25, 2021 - New card is being produced
June 28, 2021 - Case is approved for I-485

Interview went about 30 min
- No VAWA questions asked. 
- Asked questions from I-485 - Yes or No and Bio. related
- Asked about my arrival/departure dates to/from USA
- Asked about divorce date and my current marital status
- Asked if I am currently employed
- Only took medical envelope. No other docs asked.

The officer took my biometrics and said my status will change by end of day. Status changed to card is being produced in 3 hrs.

Feel free to ask if any of you have any questions. 

Good luck everyone!!! ✌️

Wow just got back from the job and here’s the happy celebrant! Congratulations!🎊🍾🎉🎈 😄

1 hour ago, cathie2021 said:

Folks, anyone can help me? Please

It varies and largely depends on how soon USCIS gets back to them! The response time will be different for each enquiry..i.e first time I approached them, heard back in a few days, second time took up to a week! For your second question, you can contact your senator if you feel you’re not getting what you want from your congressperson! I know USCIS responds to some offices quicker than others..🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s your decision to make!👍

4 hours ago, PACMAN007 said:

Hi my Vawa family,

I posted something few weeks back but didnt hear from anyone. I will request some help here. My scenario is i got y EAD under cc31 but it ca,e with my married name because i was married when i applied for vawa. Now i am divorced and have my maiden name back. therefore this leaves e with a name mismatch but I have divorce decree to justify. My concern is that If i get hired, and hey run through the EAD verification and see the name mismatch, will my employer reject me? or is it minor issue and can be accepted? Pls help me as I am applying for jobs. Thank you A LOT for everything you do for the family. @sandranj mam if you can advice on this pls. @TBoneTX @Stillwinning!!!😊 any idea? Thank you fam in advance ❤️ 

Just seeing this…not really familiar with this scenario…perhaps an I-90 form may rectify this issue if you send along supporting documents… since the error is not from USCIS there may be a filing fee or something as this is a change in situation/status for you!(divorce) your employer may not frown at the last name on your green card if you present documents to them also and explain your situation! I just hope I’m making sense if not please disregard this info!🙏🤦🏽‍♀️🙃

21 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

It varies and largely depends on how soon USCIS gets back to them! The response time will be different for each enquiry..i.e first time I approached them, heard back in a few days, second time took up to a week! For your second question, you can contact your senator if you feel you’re not getting what you want from your congressperson! I know USCIS responds to some offices quicker than others..🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s your decision to make!👍

Thank you for your help. So is it a problem to contacted to both Congressman and Senator at the same time?  Because only a week ago, Congressman said that he’s staff contacted  USCIS on June 21th 2021 , I hope it will be positive, but I think the Senators are powerful. 

39 minutes ago, Ana FL said:

1. It can take a couple weeks to over a month. 

2. You can. But the delay in getting answers is most likely from USCIS nit your congressman so it can take the same amount of time to get an answer from your senator. But you can definitely reach out to both of them.

Thank you for your help.  So is it a problem to apply to both Congressman and Senator at the same time?  Because only a week ago, Congressman said that he communicated with USCIS, I hope it will be positive, but I think the Senators are powerful. 

4 minutes ago, cathie2021 said:

Thank you for your help. So is it a problem to contacted to both Congressman and Senator at the same time?  Because only a week ago, Congressman said that he’s staff contacted  USCIS on June 21th 2021 , I hope it will be positive, but I think the Senators are powerful. 

Thank you for your help.  So is it a problem to apply to both Congressman and Senator at the same time?  Because only a week ago, Congressman said that he communicated with USCIS, I hope it will be positive, but I think the Senators are powerful. 

You can contact multiple sources but since your congressman already reached out to USCIS, I would advise you wait for the response!👍

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Wow just got back from the job and here’s the happy celebrant! Congratulations!🎊🍾🎉🎈 😄

Thank you @Stillwinning!!!😊 Appreciate your help 🤗

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello all, 

November 2018 filler. 

No answer yet. No RFE, just prima facie each 6 month and EAD card renewal. 

My last inquire with NYC senator produced a response from USCIS " your constituent's Petition is pending with an officer at VSC. Please allow some more time to finish reviewing the case and take an appropriate action" 

Senator said "if you don't hear from them in 60 days contact me again" 

75 days has passed and I want to write her so bad but my lawyer said "do not rush a decision on your case" 

Do not rush a decision? is almost 3 freaking years!!!!!  

So i want to learn if you feel that my case can have any downfall if I keep pushing them! I mean they can't deny a case just because I ask answers, no? 

Thank you for your opinion!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Vale1 said:

Hello all, 

November 2018 filler. 

No answer yet. No RFE, just prima facie each 6 month and EAD card renewal. 

My last inquire with NYC senator produced a response from USCIS " your constituent's Petition is pending with an officer at VSC. Please allow some more time to finish reviewing the case and take an appropriate action" 

Senator said "if you don't hear from them in 60 days contact me again" 

75 days has passed and I want to write her so bad but my lawyer said "do not rush a decision on your case" 

Do not rush a decision? is almost 3 freaking years!!!!!  

So i want to learn if you feel that my case can have any downfall if I keep pushing them! I mean they can't deny a case just because I ask answers, no? 

Thank you for your opinion!

I say rush it. I have never heard of anyone getting in any trouble for sending inquiries, especially considering you're way overdue for a decision.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
4 minutes ago, aquila said:

Hello family, I'm happy to inform everyone about the final good news.

Timeline:

I360,485,765 - received 02/17/2017

Rfe 360 for bona fide marriage - 03/2017

Rfe received - 04/2017(resent mostly same stuff again)

[Moved to another state - 07/2017]

Vawa I-485 interview - 03/2020 (old state field office)

Notification interview complete and case must be reviewed

I-360 Approval - 06/2020

Rfe 485 for birth certificate - 07/2020

Rfe received - 08/2020

Vawa I-485 notice for interview again in my current state field office on - 10/2020

I-485 interview - 12/16/20

Rfe 485 paystubs and employment letter 17th the next day

Rfe received at local office 12/28/20

NOID due to.........address history not in line and advised to file form 601 waiver - 03/18/21

NOID responded with form 601 receipt notice and received - 04/27/21

Case status changed on 485 to card in production on - 06/30/21 

I'm speechless, in tears and my heart is in shock. I just went on my knees to say a prayer for everyone in this journey. It's not over until it's over 

“ Everything you are going through will soon make sense and you will look back and be thankful that everything happened the way it did. Trust the change that is taking  place in your life right now, even if it feels messy and scary. You are on the right track.” 

Handle VAWA stress like a dog would:  if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away. ©Tx bone 2021😂😂

OMG!!!!!!!! My friend!!! Finally!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you! 

5 minutes ago, aquila said:

Hello family, I'm happy to inform everyone about the final good news.

Timeline:

I360,485,765 - received 02/17/2017

Rfe 360 for bona fide marriage - 03/2017

Rfe received - 04/2017(resent mostly same stuff again)

[Moved to another state - 07/2017]

Vawa I-485 interview - 03/2020 (old state field office)

Notification interview complete and case must be reviewed

I-360 Approval - 06/2020

Rfe 485 for birth certificate - 07/2020

Rfe received - 08/2020

Vawa I-485 notice for interview again in my current state field office on - 10/2020

I-485 interview - 12/16/20

Rfe 485 paystubs and employment letter 17th the next day

Rfe received at local office 12/28/20

NOID due to.........address history not in line and advised to file form 601 waiver - 03/18/21

NOID responded with form 601 receipt notice and received - 04/27/21

Case status changed on 485 to card in production on - 06/30/21 

I'm speechless, in tears and my heart is in shock. I just went on my knees to say a prayer for everyone in this journey. It's not over until it's over 

“ Everything you are going through will soon make sense and you will look back and be thankful that everything happened the way it did. Trust the change that is taking  place in your life right now, even if it feels messy and scary. You are on the right track.” 

Handle VAWA stress like a dog would:  if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away. ©Tx bone 2021😂😂

Can you please explain me how your interview went? Did you go for interview in state you lived in? Because they made me appointment for interview in state I used to live and I’m super worry they gonna send me back((()

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.