WeNandC

I-751 August Filers - Removing Conditions

514 posts in this topic

I see a lot of people getting their biometrics waived, is this because of the COVID backlog?

Also - for those that have, do you get the biometrics fee returned (im assuming not)?.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 9/26/2021 at 9:01 PM, MateR said:

For all those who filed and received the bio-metrics waived -
Was in LIN?

Did you send the money for both the application and the bio-metrics?

We sent it in well before you all and did not receive the waived status for bio-metrics. Trying to figure out why.

Yes, I believe we have to send the money for Biometrics no matter what. Not sure how they determine who is waived, and whos not waived though. 

13 minutes ago, michaelwood87 said:

I see a lot of people getting their biometrics waived, is this because of the COVID backlog?

Also - for those that have, do you get the biometrics fee returned (im assuming not)?.

Possibly could be why they're waiving them. Not exactly sure as to why or why not though. Also, they keep the Biometrics Fee. On the letter it states no biometric refund.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

1 hour ago, WillieT1986 said:

Yes, I believe we have to send the money for Biometrics no matter what. Not sure how they determine who is waived, and whos not waived though. 

Possibly could be why they're waiving them. Not exactly sure as to why or why not though. Also, they keep the Biometrics Fee. On the letter it states no biometric refund.

1 hour ago, michaelwood87 said:

Or it could also be the individual case officer. Seems like mine went to someone on vacation or who is slow. Everyone getting waivers but us.
If the government shuts down again/furloughs - we are in for a long wait.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 9/16/2021 at 11:48 AM, WillieT1986 said:

Same! 

My wife just got a letter from USCIS. Notice was on 9/9/21 and we received it today 9/16. Biometrics Waived. Also LIN.

Just got the same!  NOA letter confirmed Biometric fee will not be refunded.

Edited by Aruk

Timeline
1 hour ago, MateR said:

Or it could also be the individual case officer. Seems like mine went to someone on vacation or who is slow. Everyone getting waivers but us.
If the government shuts down again/furloughs - we are in for a long wait.

That's weird. You're LIN and they didn't waive your Biometrics? What was your initial case file? K1? CF something? 

The only thing I can think of would be length of time compared to coming to America to filing for AOS to time it took to get the Conditional Green Card to Now. 

On 9/26/2021 at 8:01 PM, MateR said:

Was in LIN?

We sent it in well before you all and did not receive the waived status for bio-metrics. Trying to figure out why.

Nope I’m in SRC (Texas) I did send passport photos of me .

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda  met Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 received 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne's  adult son

event.png

Timeline
53 minutes ago, WillieT1986 said:

That's weird. You're LIN and they didn't waive your Biometrics? What was your initial case file? K1? CF something? 

The only thing I can think of would be length of time compared to coming to America to filing for AOS to time it took to get the Conditional Green Card to Now. 

Nope - My filing times are pretty tight. Check my profile out - it is all in there.

Timeline
2 hours ago, MateR said:

Nope - My filing times are pretty tight. Check my profile out - it is all in there.

Hm you're right. In fact, our timelines are damn near similar. Guess length of time doesn't account for anything then. Literally no clue then. I am clueless. Maybe we can possibly dig around and hopefully find a possible solution to it because that just seems weird that the rest of us at LIN would get waivers and they give you an appointment. I wonder if the google sheets document will show anyone else from LIN over over the last year as not being waived as well. Maybe?

Filed: Other Timeline
On 9/27/2021 at 7:53 PM, jeffo said:

THanks for pulling me back to this site/message board DPV. hey Celie, havent seen your name in a long time

Hey Jeffo! Long time, no see. Glad to see you!

On 9/26/2021 at 6:07 PM, WillieT1986 said:

You know... For LIN people, I have been keeping track of the auto update emails from this site and just got this one... Will be really nice if this estimate approval is true. lol From the looks of the excel spreadsheet going around I am also tying that in with this estimation so I am not going to tell my wife but hey, may Summer 2022 I can have her be done with this stuff. lol 

I know the last few emails I got were all like eta's for 2023 sometime and I was like wow but this latest one. Hell yeah, I can stand behind this estimation. lol

I've been keeping track of ours as well (SRC), but it's estimating a 2023 timeframe and the center's processing times are 4.5-7.5 so I sincerely hope that one is right and not the VJ time frames lol

14 hours ago, michaelwood87 said:

I think it may have to do with more of a general backlog they've had going for years and the ones being waived I believe is those transitioning from K1 since they very recently had all this done 2 years prior.

On 9/26/2021 at 8:01 PM, MateR said:

Was in LIN?

We had my husband's biometrics waived, but we are SRC. Are you transitioning from K1?

Update: we received our biometrics letter yesterday dated 9-22. Now, the wait really begins!

Edited by celie&joseph
separate response

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Timeline

So odd. Other people who filed after us and got LIN, already have in the mail and through electronic means a decision of whether or not their bio-metrics was waived or not and we didnt get anything. Here is to hoping they didnt lose our paper work......

Timeline
On 10/4/2021 at 8:31 PM, MateR said:

So odd. Other people who filed after us and got LIN, already have in the mail and through electronic means a decision of whether or not their bio-metrics was waived or not and we didnt get anything. Here is to hoping they didnt lose our paper work......

Any updates?

On 10/5/2021 at 7:07 PM, Mad Panda said:

Anybody from CSC got their biometrics letter yet? They received our case August 2nd . . . we have the NOA1 letter but we haven't got anything else ever since. I'm worried.

Have you tried comparing with the other months on the google sheets that is out there? I looked on there and the earliest month I see the CSC/WAC getting their Bio Letters is the May Filers. Seem those who filed in May who got WAC/CSC filed in May and got their Bio Letters in September. Doesn't seem like any of the June filers have updated/received theirs yet.

To Note:

Also, if anyone else has been keeping an eye on the Google Sheets. I noticed that a lot of our rows were missing. I thought they were deleted at first but then noticed it was whole row numbers and not just a row where it still shows the number on the side. Seems someone filtered to show CR1 only which caused all the others to *vanish* lol. 

Lets remember that this sheet is live and editable by all.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uJwpaHzGIuuvbVMXK5h-F8KH3hCh88kMxpxC4uOJOk8/edit?usp=sharing 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, WillieT1986 said:

Any updates?

Have you tried comparing with the other months on the google sheets that is out there? I looked on there and the earliest month I see the CSC/WAC getting their Bio Letters is the May Filers. Seem those who filed in May who got WAC/CSC filed in May and got their Bio Letters in September. Doesn't seem like any of the June filers have updated/received theirs yet.

Hey WIllieT1986 - No updates at all. almost 70 days out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.