WeNandC

I-751 August Filers - Removing Conditions

514 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, WeNandC said:

7 months since we filed our forms.. last status was in september " fingerprints were taken ".. hope we can hear something soon 😃

Same here, which service centre are you. Mines Texas 

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda  met Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 received 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne's  adult son

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I think this go round I may just ignore the websites altogether lol. My wifes case still says "Case Was Received" but we already gotten her biometrics letter like 2 to 3 weeks I think it was after her first 18 month letter we got lol and still to this day it has not changed. Giving up on the sites at this point. lol

6 minutes ago, WillieT1986 said:

I think this go round I may just ignore the websites altogether lol. My wifes case still says "Case Was Received" but we already gotten her biometrics letter like 2 to 3 weeks I think it was after her first 18 month letter we got lol and still to this day it has not changed. Giving up on the sites at this point. lol

The same for my husband. He got his biometrics done last year in September and he has both extension letters and the website still says case was received . 🤷🏽‍♀️😂😂

• 2 weeks later...

Want to chime in on this thread. My case just got approved today. To be fair, my case are different compared to most people on this thread, with filing as a child as the biggest difference. Filed in mid August, got biometric appointment in January, and here I am! Wish everybody's process are smooth!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 3/28/2022 at 11:09 PM, h13u~ said:

Want to chime in on this thread. My case just got approved today. To be fair, my case are different compared to most people on this thread, with filing as a child as the biggest difference. Filed in mid August, got biometric appointment in January, and here I am! Wish everybody's process are smooth!

First of all congratulations.

Typically having children does not speed up your processing time. It actually delays it since they have more then just 1 case to review. 

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

3 hours ago, BJ & Christine said:

First of all congratulations.

Typically having children does not speed up your processing time. It actually delays it since they have more then just 1 case to review. 

I think they meant filing AS a child.  They appear to have come over on something other than a K visa.  Perhaps an IR-2?  Either that, or they didn't complete their timeline fully.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2022 at 10:09 PM, h13u~ said:

Which service centre?

event.png

On 3/31/2022 at 10:47 AM, Strontium said:

I think they meant filing AS a child.  They appear to have come over on something other than a K visa.  Perhaps an IR-2?  Either that, or they didn't complete their timeline fully.

Yep! Filing as a child, and I came here on IR-2 visa.  As for AmandaandChayne question, it’s National Benefit Center and my field office is in Kansas City.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Bump  - Any movement? Still crickets from Nebraska center.
DIdnt even get any acknowledgement for the biometrics being done last year...... nothing in the mail and nothing electronically.

Filed: Other Timeline

So question to the masses:

We are moving in August to another state but will be SO CLOSE to the timeframe of my husband's ROC hopefully being approved (AOS'd from K1). Would it be alright to change the address to my sister's house down the street and fly back if we need to attend the interview? I would hate to switch addresses to a different state and reset the clock.

Edited to clarify: I mean would it be alright to change my physical address to my actual location but my forwarding address to my sister's house still in texas. Would that change our service center?

Edited by celie&joseph
Clarification

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Still crickets from Texas service centre and the processing times get longer each month 

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 4/11/2022 at 5:57 PM, AmandaandChayne said:

Still crickets from Texas service centre and the processing times get longer each month 

Looks like there is movement on the April/May 2021 SRC's so far. I also noticed someone from our August group for LIN listed an approval date as well. Lucky haha.

Although, I was thinking this last weekend which caused me to have a migraine since I triggered a lot of 404's in my head lol but I explained to my Wife that I hope her approval doesn't come before Aug 2022 just because I read about the N400 for Naturalization and it seems we can file for their N400's 90 days before their 3 year mark of holding their GreenCard. Told my Wife if she can get lucky then maybe they won't approve her 10yr and we can file her N400 in August as well this year and then just maybe it will speed up everything altogether and she can be hit with back to back interviews and hopefully finish everything altogether at once. At least, that is how I am viewing it. Then, if she is really lucky then just maybe she can have her interviews for both the 10yr and Naturalization all by the end of this year hopefully.

We are waiting to file N400 under 5 year rule.  Filing under 3 year rule puts you on the spot for proving the marriage again.  Daughter has to wait for 5 years anyway, so we'll just file both at the same time.

Edited by Strontium

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

I thought you can file the n400 3 years from the date of the marriage? 
I don’t really feel like to wait til 3rd year of when the first green card was issued.

also I don’t understand what the hold up is for LIN. Esp if it was slow before covid. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, MateR said:

I thought you can file the n400 3 years from the date of the marriage? 
I don’t really feel like to wait til 3rd year of when the first green card was issued.

also I don’t understand what the hold up is for LIN. Esp if it was slow before covid. 

No. You have to have resided here for three years as an LPR.  https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-g-chapter-3#:~:text=C. 3 Years,her residence.[8]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.