WeNandC

I-751 August Filers - Removing Conditions

514 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, BJ & Christine said:

Pretty sure it’s the generic response. Due to them having to track down the i-751

And the Aos as my fingerprints were reused for the I-751 too!! 

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda  met Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 received 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne's  adult son

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, WillieT1986 said: I reckon anyone filing for the N400 should definitely start studying the questions.

Hi everyone. I’m an October 2021 filer and sent my N-400 this Oct. What’s the dealio with everyone being so concerned to make sure they start studying civics the sooner the better? Unless I’m missing out something everything is pretty straight forward with these 100 questions. Do you need to reply short and to a point? If so there is really nothing to study. I uploaded an app for training to only realize I already know the whole bunch from what they ask anyways, not to brag or anything. If they need the whole essay type for an answer then it’s a different thing. Do they require that? Thanks 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 11/1/2022 at 4:32 PM, Elena & Craig said:

Hi everyone. I’m an October 2021 filer and sent my N-400 this Oct. What’s the dealio with everyone being so concerned to make sure they start studying civics the sooner the better? Unless I’m missing out something everything is pretty straight forward with these 100 questions. Do you need to reply short and to a point? If so there is really nothing to study. I uploaded an app for training to only realize I already know the whole bunch from what they ask anyways, not to brag or anything. If they need the whole essay type for an answer then it’s a different thing. Do they require that? Thanks 

My Wife knows nothing about the US lol. Reviewed the 100 questions with her and there were some I didn't even know either lol but for my Wife the sooner she can study and comprehend the English the better. For her, she knows maybe the first 30 questions I believe and that is if she can see them on paper. When I ask her the questions out loud she struggles with it. I know quite a few who needs to study early, and no worries I wouldn't see you as bragging but yes there are people who know nothing about the USA or even the Politics of the USA, etc. My wife has to study for it and most of the Vietnamese she has met have also had to study for it as well. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she fails it the first go round because she forgets her English when she gets Nervous so that is another hoop for her to surpass as well. lol 

They don't require an essay just the 10 random questions, and the part where they will say a sentence and you need to write it down. (If I understand it right.) I think there might even be where they show a sentence and you need to prove you can read it as well. Don't remember it but I know she can read and write in English pretty decent. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
17 hours ago, WillieT1986 said:

My Wife knows nothing about the US lol. Reviewed the 100 questions with her and there were some I didn't even know either lol but for my Wife the sooner she can study and comprehend the English the better. For her, she knows maybe the first 30 questions I believe and that is if she can see them on paper. When I ask her the questions out loud she struggles with it. I know quite a few who needs to study early, and no worries I wouldn't see you as bragging but yes there are people who know nothing about the USA or even the Politics of the USA, etc. My wife has to study for it and most of the Vietnamese she has met have also had to study for it as well. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she fails it the first go round because she forgets her English when she gets Nervous so that is another hoop for her to surpass as well. lol 

They don't require an essay just the 10 random questions, and the part where they will say a sentence and you need to write it down. (If I understand it right.) I think there might even be where they show a sentence and you need to prove you can read it as well. Don't remember it but I know she can read and write in English pretty decent. 

She’ll pass with flying colors, just gotta remember the answers which she will 🙌🏻

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 11/1/2022 at 4:32 PM, Elena & Craig said:

From what I have seen from other people who have taken the test is, it’s straight forward questions “ current president, speaker of the house, what’s the name of the place the president lives” and they only ask between 5 and 10. 
Not saying don’t study other things, knowledge is all best. More you know the better off your are. 

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

N400 filed on August 1st 2022 update: Interview scheduled.

i751 ROC: Last update June 8 2022: Fingerprints were taken. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 11/5/2022 at 1:32 PM, BJ & Christine said:

From what I have seen from other people who have taken the test is, it’s straight forward questions “ current president, speaker of the house, what’s the name of the place the president lives” and they only ask between 5 and 10. 
Not saying don’t study other things, knowledge is all best. More you know the better off your are. 

They'll ask a max of ten out of the 100. You have to have six right in order to pass. They stop as soon as you have six.

Timeline

For anyone interested, I just got off the phone with a friend whose Wife just had her interview today. Theirs was in Texas and he said that they did their ROC Interview first, approved her and then they had him sit in the corner so his wife could take her Naturalization Test right after and she passed it as well. He said it seems some locations do same day Swear Ins if you have a Morning Appointment that is early. So yes, it seems that if you file your N400 while your ROC is pending, they do both Interviews together.

3 minutes ago, WillieT1986 said:

For anyone interested, I just got off the phone with a friend whose Wife just had her interview today. Theirs was in Texas and he said that they did their ROC Interview first, approved her and then they had him sit in the corner so his wife could take her Naturalization Test right after and she passed it as well. He said it seems some locations do same day Swear Ins if you have a Morning Appointment that is early. So yes, it seems that if you file your N400 while your ROC is pending, they do both Interviews together.

The thing is, the n400 interview letter does not ask for the spouse to be present. We are just expected to assume both interviews are going to take place and take our spouses with us. A little misleading imo that could result in a lot of delays.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, theblooray said:

The thing is, the n400 interview letter does not ask for the spouse to be present. We are just expected to assume both interviews are going to take place and take our spouses with us. A little misleading imo that could result in a lot of delays.

I would not say it is misleading as it is the Interview Scheduled for the N400. Sure, they could re-word it or add on something about if you have a pending ROC (forget form number) just to make sure the Spouse shows up as well. Then again, this is a US Government Agency. They're definitely not going to hold our hands or hand out any hints to make it easier for us. lol

8 minutes ago, WillieT1986 said:

I would not say it is misleading as it is the Interview Scheduled for the N400. Sure, they could re-word it or add on something about if you have a pending ROC (forget form number) just to make sure the Spouse shows up as well. Then again, this is a US Government Agency. They're definitely not going to hold our hands or hand out any hints to make it easier for us. lol

Of course, haha. Can imagine many people not well in the know, showing up expecting a single n400 interview only to possibly be hit with the big question. Where's your spouse? Not here? Oh we can conduct your n400 interview but reschedule your ROC another day so you can come in with your spouse.

Just checked my uscis and my I-751 was transferred to another office on November 10. 9 days after filing my N400, 414 days after fingerprints reused. 

event.png

9 minutes ago, AmandaandChayne said:

Just checked my uscis and my I-751 was transferred to another office on November 10. 9 days after filing my N400, 414 days after fingerprints reused. 

That's a transfer of your I-751 case from service center to field office.

3 minutes ago, OldUser said:

That's a transfer of your I-751 case from service center to field office.

Is it? So from Texas to Oklahoma City?

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
6 hours ago, AmandaandChayne said:

Ours was transferred, too, after filing the N-400.  Ours was transferred to NBC. The notification said it was to  speed up processing. If it does speed it up, we're grateful!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.