Sweety sweety

IR1 Refused

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

It’s been 3 years of my marriage with US citizen at New York and it’s been 1year for the case with USA embassy in Qatar  ..and it’s still refused for no reason …what will happen now ..and is there any thing I can do about it ..I heard people say about informing the Senator .. can any 1tell me the procedure !

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Sorry about your denial but there will always be a reason especially for immigrant visa denial. Informing the Senator is usually to know about the status if it's pending for a long time. It won't change the outcome.

If you list some of your info and what questions were asked, what was provided as evidences, people here would be able to guide you in a correct direction. No Senator can do that.

Edited by arken

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like it is more it has not been approved.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Are you a citizen of Qatar?

or just working there?

and you can do nothing

the USC would have to contact her Senator and sign a release form

the response will be months away and will be " the case is currently in AP for extended security checks "   which is probably the last response you got from the embassy yourself

Timeline
3 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Are you a citizen of Qatar?

or just working there?

and you can do nothing

the USC would have to contact her Senator and sign a release form

the response will be months away and will be " the case is currently in AP for extended security checks "   which is probably the last response you got from the embassy yourself

I’m a pakisnai female  born and living in Qatar .. do we have to ask USC to contact my husbands state senator ?? 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Sweety sweety said:

I’m a pakisnai female  born and living in Qatar .. do we have to ask USC to contact my husbands state senator ?? 

and you  just filled out the ds 5535 in March showing all internet and travel

being from Pakistan and traveling has caused the embassy to ask for additional security checks

this will take time and patience is needed

your USC husband can contact his Senator but that will produce the a statement like " the case is in AP while the additional security checks are being done"  which you already know 

there is a post here several pages long of others going thru the ds5535 form and you may want to read them

also ,  go to the Pakistan portal and read posts from other members from your country 

Again,  Senator can not help .  he can just inquire and your USC husband can inquire for himself

allah yekbel

Timeline
18 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

and you  just filled out the ds 5535 in March showing all internet and travel

being from Pakistan and traveling has caused the embassy to ask for additional security checks

this will take time and patience is needed

your USC husband can contact his Senator but that will produce the a statement like " the case is in AP while the additional security checks are being done"  which you already know 

there is a post here several pages long of others going thru the ds5535 form and you may want to read them

also ,  go to the Pakistan portal and read posts from other members from your country 

Again,  Senator can not help .  he can just inquire and your USC husband can inquire for himself

allah yekbel

Oh ok thanx for clearing things …yes I filled this form in March about my 15 years ago  info like all travels , sibling & passports , emails  social media’s accounts, phone numbers.. but I don’t know if this form calls ds 5535 .. and can u tell me maximum years of the case can stay in administration process ?

Edited by Sweety sweety

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Sweety sweety said:

Oh ok thanx for clearing things …yes I filled this form in March about my 15 years ago  info like all travels , sibling & passports , emails  social media’s accounts, phone numbers.. but I don’t know if this form calls ds 5535 .. and can u tell me maximum years of the case can stay in administration process ?

Noone knows. It can be 1 day or years.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The extended administrative processing for citizens of Pakistan is normal because it takes so much time to do background checks.  Patience will be your best friend in this process, and although it can be frustrating, try not to worry too much about how long it might take.  Maybe your US citizen spouse can visit you as often as possible during the long wait?  Good luck!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

The extended administrative processing for citizens of Pakistan is normal because it takes so much time to do background checks.  Patience will be your best friend in this process, and although it can be frustrating, try not to worry too much about how long it might take.  Maybe your US citizen spouse can visit you as often as possible during the long wait?  Good luck!

Thanx ..I have patience ..I’m only worried what if after 1year of Ap they reject it and then I have to apply again form the  beginning.. thats why I’m asking how many years this AP can go ..I don’t mind waiting as long as they don’t reject the visa .

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Sweety sweety said:

Thanx ..I have patience ..I’m only worried what if after 1year of Ap they reject it and then I have to apply again form the  beginning.. thats why I’m asking how many years this AP can go ..I don’t mind waiting as long as they don’t reject the visa .

if all security checks are in order,  all you will pay is for another medical exam 

best to you both

1 hour ago, Sweety sweety said:

If your husband is a USC, he can ask his US Senator (not state senator) for assistance.  They will not do anything other than inquire, though.  They will not intervene in any consular decisions.

21 minutes ago, Sweety sweety said:

Extended APs are common for Pakistani citizens.

1 hour ago, Sweety sweety said:

and can u tell me maximum years of the case can stay in administration process ?

There is no maximum.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.