J&D1008

JUNE 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

636 posts in this topic

End of day update:

93500: 1 Other (Name Was Updated) (1 new / 0 in progress)
102500: 3 Approvals (3 new / 0 in progress)
103000: 4 Approvals (4 new / 0 in progress)
06/15/22: 8 Total Updates: 7 Approvals, 1 Other (Name Was Updated)

There was 1 withdrawal that came in late last night (06/14/22).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
20 hours ago, RamiZest said:

Hello June babies, so I try to remain very optimistic (although I fail at times) but I do wanna point out something. If USCIS has proposed a timeline for 2023 to process K1 Visas in 6 months (and if that is truly their commitment) then that gives us 2021 & 2022 filers hope. They would definitely have to get a bunch processed at a large amount, daily. Anyways, I just like to think about my future with my fiancé and kinda brainstorm our wedding. I'm like maybe he'll be here by September. My mom is in Las Vegas and I would love to go there and get married. That would brighten up her life. The Embassy in Naples Italy doesn't seem to take long to schedule interviews, but we will see. Today marks 358, what's another 40 days or so 😂😭

352 days here!  Back in October 2021 I thought we would be approved by February 2022 😭.  Hang in there, we're so close now.   

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey ya'll. Long time lurker. First time poster. Going on day 371 here. It's been driving me insane that they jumped to the end of June to do a round of approvals. I've never felt so burned for doing things as quickly as I possibly could. 

YOU ALL ARE KEEPING ME GOING THOUGH. Keep posting those updates on your cases. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
17 hours ago, DP&JP said:

I am in the same boat except at day 362. My fiancée is in India and she is going crazy. She was originally in the states on a student visa when we met, and then she went back and then we got engaged after some time. But since she's been back, no place will hire her because they see it as a waste of time if she's going to be leaving. She's just stuck in limbo waiting. 

I'm at 371 days. Trying to be optimistic and positive every day saying we are getting closer and closer as every day passes. But as soon as i get on the forums to check I get discouraged. I am very happy for everyone that got approved, but when the approvals are all over the place.  The fact that they started the looking at June from the 21st and that just got me confused as to what order they are going. What does that mean?'

I think everyone is just getting overwhelmed. I just cant imagine couples' that are still waiting from March. This is the hardest thing I think that any couple can go through. I am hoping that this helps all the couples be stronger and not break them up due to the distance. A major obstacle that we should all overcome. Best of luck to everyone and hope everyone soon gets approved. 

End of day updates for June:

99000: 1 Expedite(Denied: 1) (1 new / 0 in progress)
101500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
102000: 3 Approvals (0 new / 3 in progress)
102500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
105500: 1 Expedite(Denied: 1) (1 new / 0 in progress)
06/16/22: 7 Total Updates: 5 Approvals, 2 Expedites(Denied: 2)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

"The CIS Ombudsman's Webinar Series: USCIS' Backlog Reduction Efforts"

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2022/06/14/cis-ombudsmans-webinar-series-uscis-backlog-reduction-efforts

I’m pretty curious about what USCIS will tell us.🤔

This is the last month's webinar.

Edited by Ako & Rich

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
8 hours ago, Ako & Rich said:

"The CIS Ombudsman's Webinar Series: USCIS' Backlog Reduction Efforts"

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2022/06/14/cis-ombudsmans-webinar-series-uscis-backlog-reduction-efforts

I’m pretty curious about what USCIS will tell us.🤔

This is the last month's webinar.

Without an attempt to put emphasis on K1 visas from our side, there's a high chance that the light will be directed towards forms and backlog that Uscis actually managed to reduce and clear which would turn this webinar into an hour of mutual back patting. Maybe I am subjective, and stand to be corrected, but I see only form I129f suffering more and more delays and backlogs, from 6 months to 14 and still not showing signs of improvement. Is there any other form which waiting time has doubled in 6 months? Now that is something we need to hear about and what are the steps to deal with that. Last time we heard that "a lot of people are complaining that K1 processing times are too long and 10 months really is." And that was all. I don't want to hear that again with 14 months now mentioned.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
57 minutes ago, JankoB said:

Without an attempt to put emphasis on K1 visas from our side, there's a high chance that the light will be directed towards forms and backlog that Uscis actually managed to reduce and clear which would turn this webinar into an hour of mutual back patting. Maybe I am subjective, and stand to be corrected, but I see only form I129f suffering more and more delays and backlogs, from 6 months to 14 and still not showing signs of improvement. Is there any other form which waiting time has doubled in 6 months? Now that is something we need to hear about and what are the steps to deal with that. Last time we heard that "a lot of people are complaining that K1 processing times are too long and 10 months really is." And that was all. I don't want to hear that again with 14 months now mentioned.

I won't know precisely the details as this is not my immigration journey, but I follow immigration lawyers on Twitter, American ones, and there's a crisis on Diversity Visas, employment based ones and also the Green Card issuance. Not necessarily the time frame being twice as much but that USCIS isn't even processing those cases and once the fiscal year is over in the US, it's like they're wasted, as some categories as the diversity visa are limited per fiscal year. Our journey isn't the smoothest as K1 but pretty much everything USCIS touches is collapsing. Immigration lawyers call the present moment the worst immigration crisis they've ever seen. 

On 6/18/2022 at 8:56 PM, Mbfernandes said:

I won't know precisely the details as this is not my immigration journey, but I follow immigration lawyers on Twitter, American ones, and there's a crisis on Diversity Visas, employment based ones and also the Green Card issuance. Not necessarily the time frame being twice as much but that USCIS isn't even processing those cases and once the fiscal year is over in the US, it's like they're wasted, as some categories as the diversity visa are limited per fiscal year. Our journey isn't the smoothest as K1 but pretty much everything USCIS touches is collapsing. Immigration lawyers call the present moment the worst immigration crisis they've ever seen. 

This is true EAD, H1B and Employment based Green Cards seem to be in worst shape, since people are either waiting for years, or loosing jobs since EADs are not getting approved on time. 

15 hours ago, DSBeijing said:

This is true EAD, H1B and Employment based Green Cards seem to be in worst shape, since people are either waiting for years, or loosing jobs since EADs are not getting approved on time. 

I saw this article that they are transferring H-1B cases to the California center:

https://www.uscis.gov/newsroom/alerts/uscis-transfers-certain-h-1b-petitions-to-the-california-service-center

Not sure if it will affect the K1 processing times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 6/18/2022 at 7:55 AM, JankoB said:

I'm actually waiting to watch the webinar today. Phone connected fine for audio, but the actual webinar part seems to "not be open to registered guests" not sure if anybody else running into this issue?

EDIT: they changed permissions on the room and I'll be watching/listening in, if no one else does I'll update with what goes on

Edited by gooblue
Post relevant update

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
24 minutes ago, gooblue said:

I'm actually waiting to watch the webinar today. Phone connected fine for audio, but the actual webinar part seems to "not be open to registered guests" not sure if anybody else running into this issue?

EDIT: they changed permissions on the room and I'll be watching/listening in, if no one else does I'll update with what goes on

I'm having dificulties connecting to the Adobe's service. In any case i cannot listen to it so ill be grateful for seminars highlits.

Just now, JankoB said:

I'm having dificulties connecting to the Adobe's service. In any case i cannot listen to it so ill be grateful for seminars highlits.

can you send me that link please

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.