J&D1008

May 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

855 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
On 5/13/2022 at 7:43 PM, DSBeijing said:

Hi everyone. 

It was okay week, not the slowest but not the best either. USCIS is actually making progress, but they continue to process June cases. I am happy for June filers, but this means that May filers will probably have long wait Infront us. If they continue to do like this, we are probably looking for first aprovals somewhere in Mid/Late July because this entire week, they touched 8 new May 2021 cases, allthewile they processed over 120 June 2021 (double than March 2021). Also there is huge number for RFEs, we are only in mid of May, and we have almost same number of REFs  we had in entire  April. 

There is basically nothing to say but F*** USCIS :D 

Screenshot 2022-05-14 103628.png

Screenshot 2022-05-14 103648.png

Screenshot 2022-05-14 103705.png

I don't understand why they jump over May and went to June cases. Its so frustrating.. 

Does anybody know at what date I should Inquire about a case outside normal processing time? 

They acknowledged receipt May 24, 2021.

I am a little confused.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
51 minutes ago, jp1000 said:

Does anybody know at what date I should Inquire about a case outside normal processing time? 

They acknowledged receipt May 24, 2021.

I am a little confused.

Currently July 8th, but that can change. Check back on it. My date has been hoping backward since November. 

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

3EA999E0-790E-49C4-88B2-7AA09C1E93FD.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hopefully they can start looking at May soon. I’ve got a NOA 1 date of May 7, 2021 and can relate with the frustration of remaining March, April and us May folks in seeing June cases get reviewed before us. I’m totally understanding of the Ukraine crisis and other emergency situations getting priority but I believe the order they are going in right now is very unfair. I have a inquire date of June 21, 2022 currently. But it seems as we get closer it just keeps getting pushed out :(

Edited by Melissa12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

With the large amount of RFE's coming through, does anyone know what that would tend to be? I know it's obviously case specific and everyones applications are different, but does there tend to be anything that trips people up more?

3 hours ago, NotDoug said:

With the large amount of RFE's coming through, does anyone know what that would tend to be? I know it's obviously case specific and everyones applications are different, but does there tend to be anything that trips people up more?

I pondered this the other day and whether it was people who used a lawyer vs who did not. A friend who filed years ago got a RFE for spelling their partners middle name wrong twice. Silly, but he still received a RFE just for that. Seems like any niggle and small error is scrutinised. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, DanElst said:

I pondered this the other day and whether it was people who used a lawyer vs who did not. A friend who filed years ago got a RFE for spelling their partners middle name wrong twice. Silly, but he still received a RFE just for that. Seems like any niggle and small error is scrutinised. 

Ive seen someone use a lawyer and get an rfe because of no Letter of intent. Ive also seen someone get an rfe for needing the two 2x2 photographs, and then got denied because they sent one and not exactly what they asked for under their lawyers guidance.

So I don't think itd display that at all, as many hire lawyers who are not aware of the process and end up messing it up

Total updates from yesterday, may 16th 2022.

Status Count
Case Was Approved 64
Case Was Denied 4
Expedite Request Denied 6
Name Was Updated 2
Notice Explaining USCIS Actions Was Mailed 2
Request for Additional Evidence Was Sent 20
Request for Initial Evidence Was Sent 13
Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received 1
Withdrawal Acknowledgement Notice Was Sent 3

Grand Total 115

The numbers are from WAC2190069000 to WAC2190130000.

In the may range there was 2 Withdrawals, 1 name update, and 3 expedite denied. So still no processing happening in may.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Display Name2 said:

Total updates from yesterday, may 16th 2022.

Status Count
Case Was Approved 64
Case Was Denied 4
Expedite Request Denied 6
Name Was Updated 2
Notice Explaining USCIS Actions Was Mailed 2
Request for Additional Evidence Was Sent 20
Request for Initial Evidence Was Sent 13
Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received 1
Withdrawal Acknowledgement Notice Was Sent 3

Grand Total 115

The numbers are from WAC2190069000 to WAC2190130000.

In the may range there was 2 Withdrawals, 1 name update, and 3 expedite denied. So still no processing happening in may.

Thank you for the update! I saw yesterday that there was an approval for may in the 82000 rage. Do you know if this was an approval or duplicate?

7 hours ago, sb3570 said:

Thank you for the update! I saw yesterday that there was an approval for may in the 82000 rage. Do you know if this was an approval or duplicate?

Once a case has gotten a final decision then I don't rescan it - this saves me a lot of time. So generally speaking the numbers I post are never duplicates. This can, along with other factors, of course cause slight variations between the numbers I post and other people post. (Occasionally I will do a clean scan, but that's not something I do often). 

On the 13th there was an approval in the 82000 range, which now is showing with an approval date of the 16th. That's probably the case you are referring to.

So far today (17th may) these are what I see in the may range:

There is case in the WAC2190082xxx that got an RFE, this will show up in the may charts. However this case was received in April.

There is a case in the WAC2190092xx that was denied. This is a case that was received in may.

There was also an expedite request denied.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
1 hour ago, Display Name2 said:

So far today (17th may) these are what I see in the may range:

There is case in the WAC2190082xxx that got an RFE, this will show up in the may charts. However this case was received in April.

There is a case in the WAC2190092xx that was denied. This is a case that was received in may.

There was also an expedite request denied.

I’m working on May excel and I see some differences 

I check cases daily (2-3 times) via Android app and iPhone app to update the excel sheet

May
1 case denied
1 expedite request denied
1 rfe received 

1 rfe

Edited by Etherial

✈️ Certified Travel Professional / Owner of two travel companies (Greece & USA) - Contact me for any travel related questions or Join my Travel Hub Info Group

March 2020 - Met / Started dating LDR

October 2020 - Met in person

December 2020 - Decided to get engaged/married
May 2021 - K1 filed

December 2021 - Travelled to the states on ESTA

June 2022 - K1 approval

September 2022 - NVC case number

October 2022 - Case sent to the embassy

November 2022 - Postponed interview for 1 year - Couldn't leave country yet due to work obligations

November 2022 - Travelled to the states on ESTA - 2nd time

September 2023 - Resumed case / took medical

October 2023 - Embessy interview - Approved

December 2023 - Arrived at the states

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

March 2024 - Biometrics 

May 2024 - EAD - AP Combo Card Approved

14 hours ago, Etherial said:

I’m working on May excel and I see some differences 

I check cases daily (2-3 times) via Android app and iPhone app to update the excel sheet

May
1 case denied
1 expedite request denied
1 rfe received 

1 rfe

Yeah, these small differences doesn't surprise me - as it depends on when the scan was done and sometimes uscis will change dates (even though the status doesn't change) etc.

(I have the rfe received now as well, so most likely that was just updated after my scan yesterday)

I plan on sharing my script, so other people can use it if they want to, just needs a little polishing first.

Timeline
On 5/18/2022 at 7:26 PM, Display Name2 said:

Yeah, these small differences doesn't surprise me - as it depends on when the scan was done and sometimes uscis will change dates (even though the status doesn't change) etc.

(I have the rfe received now as well, so most likely that was just updated after my scan yesterday)

I plan on sharing my script, so other people can use it if they want to, just needs a little polishing first.

Anytime you wish to share that send me a pm

I have all May cases added on android app and I check daily about 2-3 times a day and i note updates.

Then I double check with chart from iphone app

I work on a computer 8-12h a day so it's not trouble

✈️ Certified Travel Professional / Owner of two travel companies (Greece & USA) - Contact me for any travel related questions or Join my Travel Hub Info Group

May 2021 - K1 filed

June 2022 - K1 approval

November 2022 - Postponed interview for 1 year - Couldn't leave country yet due to work obligations

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - Biometrics 

Timeline

18/5 update May had 1 withdrawal

19/5 (so far) 3 withdrawals...

May 2021 - K1 filed

June 2022 - K1 approval

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - Biometrics 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.