Klara27

Very worried: I-129f sent March 4th - no updates.

28 posts in this topic

My fiance and I sent out 129f on March 4th and we have yet to get our NOA1. I see people who sent theirs weeks after ours getting theirs and I'm getting both frustrated and extremely nervous. 

We can't call the USCIS because we are just presented with a robot voice that requires we have a case number before we can do anything.  

What do we do? Sent in a new one? Wait? 

Any advice is appreciated since I'm ripping out my hair here. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Klara27 said:

My fiance and I sent out 129f on March 4th and we have yet to get our NOA1. I see people who sent theirs weeks after ours getting theirs and I'm getting both frustrated and extremely nervous. 

We can't call the USCIS because we are just presented with a robot voice that requires we have a case number before we can do anything.  

Do you have tracking numbers?  If so you can request a trace from Lockboxsupport@uscis.gov 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Klara27 said:

I saw someone earlier in the March 2021 I-129F filers group that just received their NOA-1 from a beginning of March delivery.  As long as you did not receive anything within the first week after you sent it off, it was not completely rejected.  You might just receive the surprise NOA-1 in the mail with no text/email notifications if you signed up for those.  Normally, they assign the case on day X.  If you signed up for notifications with the extra G form, you receive a text/email 2 days later.  Then within 7-9 days you receive the NOA-1 in the mail.  They are all over the place assigning case numbers.  Just know they do backdate it to when they first received it from delivery.  So if yours shows delivered/signed for on March 5th (overnight delivery), then there is a chance it will be either NOA-1 receipt date of March 5th, 6th or somewhere around there depending on holidays.  I say that because the ones I've seen and mine are all spot on with delivery but I do not know everyone's case.

I know this is a ton of information, but i hope this is helpful.  Just take a deep breath, exhale and know you are on the journey with the rest of us.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

You can call USCIS, when you get the robotic voice asking you what you are calling for, say you have lost your case number. That worked for us. Did you file the form to be notified by electronic means? Sometimes they totally ignore that form and just send the paper version (official version) of NOA1 which takes about a week longer anyway. Another way to tell is if you notice your credit card has been charged $535 or your money order has been cashed.

We filed in December 2020 and it took almost exactly 3 months for us. I would give it around 6-8 weeks before you get too worried. It will be ok :)

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

9 hours ago, Keithn85 said:

I saw someone earlier in the March 2021 I-129F filers group that just received their NOA-1 from a beginning of March delivery.  As long as you did not receive anything within the first week after you sent it off, it was not completely rejected.  You might just receive the surprise NOA-1 in the mail with no text/email notifications if you signed up for those.  Normally, they assign the case on day X.  If you signed up for notifications with the extra G form, you receive a text/email 2 days later.  Then within 7-9 days you receive the NOA-1 in the mail.  They are all over the place assigning case numbers.  Just know they do backdate it to when they first received it from delivery.  So if yours shows delivered/signed for on March 5th (overnight delivery), then there is a chance it will be either NOA-1 receipt date of March 5th, 6th or somewhere around there depending on holidays.  I say that because the ones I've seen and mine are all spot on with delivery but I do not know everyone's case.

I know this is a ton of information, but i hope this is helpful.  Just take a deep breath, exhale and know you are on the journey with the rest of us.

Thank you, I am just getting very nervous that the post might have lost it somewhere.  No money has been withdrawn and we've heard nothing. And people who sent theirs three weeks ago are getting their NOA1s. 

9 hours ago, AishaniA93 said:

You can call USCIS, when you get the robotic voice asking you what you are calling for, say you have lost your case number. That worked for us. Did you file the form to be notified by electronic means? Sometimes they totally ignore that form and just send the paper version (official version) of NOA1 which takes about a week longer anyway. Another way to tell is if you notice your credit card has been charged $535 or your money order has been cashed.

We filed in December 2020 and it took almost exactly 3 months for us. I would give it around 6-8 weeks before you get too worried. It will be ok :)

Can you tell me what you say after you tell the voice you lost it? Because for me it just says that "we can't help you if you don't have a case number" 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Klara27 said:

Can you tell me what you say after you tell the voice you lost it? Because for me it just says that "we can't help you if you don't have a case number" 

I'm so sorry, I just asked my fiance and he said it just transferred him to a human. Other people have said that saying 'I am locked out of my account' also works.

If you filed March 4th and they have not yet sent you a notice rejecting your payment or a rejection for improper filing, I would say you are ok and may just need to wait a few more weeks. Usually if there is an issue it would more likely be due to payment or form not signed/incorrectly filed, and they would send it back within 1-2 weeks. This is not concrete (there is a couple that filed in December with us that had a last minute credit card number change and did not find out until nearly March) however I am sure that is rare. 

Good luck, deep breath and relax :) (easier said by others than done, I know). Worst case, you have to resend it but only IF they send you a rejection notice. Be confident you filed your form correctly and it will be ok.

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
13 hours ago, Klara27 said:

It is taking 6-8 weeks to get NOA1 nowadays.

Wait a bit.  If you have not heard or received anything by May, then call USCIS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
1 hour ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

It is taking 6-8 weeks to get NOA1 nowadays.

Wait a bit.  If you have not heard or received anything by May, then call USCIS.

Agree it took 8 weeks for me to get my NOA-1. 

Just about 3 months here.  Relax.  It won't affect your NOA1 date either.

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
4 hours ago, Klara27 said:

Unfortunately not, no. 

How come you don't have the tracking#? UPS/FEDEX have tracking# on all their packages.  Did you send it first class on USPS?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, GMvietnam said:

How come you don't have the tracking#? UPS/FEDEX have tracking# on all their packages.  Did you send it first class on USPS?

Was thinking the same thing, kind of a very important package to keep track of. But either way, it can take up to 12 weeks to hear anything back right now, USCIS has posted about it on their website too.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.