J&D1008

APRIL 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

2,043 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline

Just wanted to share that I wrote to my local Congress representative a week ago today requesting Congressional Liaison Assistance with our case. I basically explained that when we filed it was a posted processing time of X and then we were already beyond that processing time when they adjusted it to be longer. Also complained this is a huge failing on  USCIS, peoples lives are being played with etc.. etc...

Ive heard on here that people have had responses from Congressman or Senator that they cant do anything until outside processing times, or cant do anything before the NOA2 process, but ours responded in a week and said basically "sure we'll take a look for you, fill out the release form". I dont really expect anything to come of this but I figured it was worth a try. I only wish I had done it earlier.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Mari_Justin said:

Just wanted to share that I wrote to my local Congress representative a week ago today requesting Congressional Liaison Assistance with our case. I basically explained that when we filed it was a posted processing time of X and then we were already beyond that processing time when they adjusted it to be longer. Also complained this is a huge failing on  USCIS, peoples lives are being played with etc.. etc...

Ive heard on here that people have had responses from Congressman or Senator that they cant do anything until outside processing times, or cant do anything before the NOA2 process, but ours responded in a week and said basically "sure we'll take a look for you, fill out the release form". I dont really expect anything to come of this but I figured it was worth a try. I only wish I had done it earlier.

Thanks for sharing. I'm a July 2021 filer and the 6-8 month window that they originally gave us expires next week. I think it might be helpful if you're able to take the letter that you sent and make a more generalized version to share as a template to others looking to get ahold of their congressperson or senator, if possible. That way we can all put the pressure on our congresspeople with 2022 elections coming up. Just an idea.

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline

Im am Aos B2filler but i stay on this group and march one to see any updates. Sent my I130 in march got approved and sent the rest in april, biometrics in july, got Ead in november and “ready to be scheduled for an interview” since july. Hanging in there……..we were about to send it in 2020 but the pandemic started and money were tight so we had to wait. Should i say my hometown is on the border w ukraine and my parents are there. My stress level is over 100% 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 2/25/2022 at 6:04 AM, Mari_Justin said:

I agree with what @Austin&Olga said. It would be a huge benefit to this community if you could please share the email/letter that you wrote. This way we can all put pressure on them. We all stand a much better chance if we collectively demand accountability. Could you please share generalized version of your letter?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi guys. That post is not about k1 visa but very important for Ukrainian right now! Please don't delete.
Looking for a Russians people here. A lot of Russian military people already dead or captured in Ukraine. Russian moms can use that channel to find them kids. https://t.me/umer_RF
I hope Russian people will understand what is going on in Ukraine and they can stop that war😭

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 2/20/2022 at 12:48 AM, CJPinEcuador said:

WEEKLY CHART UPDATE 02/19:

Approval changes this week: +5

RFE changes this week: +3

3278 Other Action aka "waiting and others"

WEEKLY CHART UPDATE 02/27:

Approval changes this week: +1

RFE changes this week: -1

3266 Other Action aka "waiting and others"

Not much of an update. And quite concerning seeing this comparison chart below. Comparing March and April # of cases completed per "month of waiting", movement started for March in Month 9 and steadily continued over the following months (still over 1000 of them waiting to hear anything though and their earliest filers hit 12 months tomorrow). And for April, our earliest April filers will start Month 11 tomorrow, with the rest of us somewhere in Month 10,  and they haven't even begun on our ranges. 

image.png.1a80e1a1ea16a25218ef8891b5159add.png

Unless there is crazy quick processing over the next few weeks, it's looking like almost ALL of us will once again be putting in an inquiry soon (if they don't move back processing times again 😭). Inquiry date currently on the USCIS website is March 13th, 2021, so if they don't roll it back again to over a year, then in about 2 weeks we'll be able to start putting inquiries in . . . again.

I'm at a loss for words about how horrible this stage has been. And worse, I'm at a loss for words explaining to my young son why we only see my partner on the phone and why he hasn't joined us yet. I told him we would all be together again "in the future" (we all lived together for several years in his country) and it breaks my heart everyday when he asks "Is it the future today?" I wish it was buddy. I wish it was. 

And I do hope all of our Ukrainian fiancés in the group are all ok! What a terrifying time. I hope you'll be reunited soon! If anyone deserves to skip "the line" it is y'all! Stay safe! 

Here's hoping for promising news in the next few weeks as we begin March. 

April Chart link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1USXTWEww37JnWiCxW6ftP1UZjE6fKU2gn2Mk4OSVGLw/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline

I dont really think the content of the letter is important, many of the congressman or senators will have a cookie cutter form right on their website for you to fill out, generally under "Services" -> "Help with a Federal Agency".

The contents of my letter is very generic:

I'm writing as a constituent of {YOUR CONGRESS PERSON HERE} to request Congressional Liaison Assistance with a pending I-129F petition for K1 Visa of a Fiancé of a US Citizen.

Our petition has been pending for {XXX} days, since {DATE OF NOA1}. Case processing times as advertised by USCIS at the time of filing were {X} months which we are more than {x} month beyond at this point. My case was already passed the initial estimated processing times at then which the estimated processing times were increased to 10-12 months. With the signficiant increase in processing estimation times, the estimated length of a fully completed K1 Visa is now easily topping 14 months.

This recent failure by the US Immigration system and more precisely the USCIS is unacceptable. Currently they will only process roughly 50 cases per day, it would take them more 2 months to process only an average months worth of applications. We're expected to put our lives on hold for an ever increasing and undetermined amount of time, this results in extreme mental, emotional and financial anguish which could easily be avoided.

My name is {PETITIONER NAME}, the petitioner for the beneficiary {BENEFICIARY NAME} a citizen of {BENEFICIARY COUNTRY}. Our case number {YOUR CASE #} which has a receipt date of {DATE OF NOA1}.

We request for your help in this desperate matter and sincerely appreciate your assistance.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, CJPinEcuador said:

Not much of an update. And quite concerning seeing this comparison chart below. Comparing March and April # of cases completed per "month of waiting", movement started for March in Month 9 and steadily continued over the following months (still over 1000 of them waiting to hear anything though and their earliest filers hit 12 months tomorrow). And for April, our earliest April filers will start Month 11 tomorrow, with the rest of us somewhere in Month 10,  and they haven't even begun on our ranges. 

Unless there is crazy quick processing over the next few weeks, it's looking like almost ALL of us will once again be putting in an inquiry soon (if they don't move back processing times again 😭). Inquiry date currently on the USCIS website is March 13th, 2021, so if they don't roll it back again to over a year, then in about 2 weeks we'll be able to start putting inquiries in . . . again.

I'm at a loss for words about how horrible this stage has been. And worse, I'm at a loss for words explaining to my young son why we only see my partner on the phone and why he hasn't joined us yet. I told him we would all be together again "in the future" (we all lived together for several years in his country) and it breaks my heart everyday when he asks "Is it the future today?" I wish it was buddy. I wish it was. 

And I do hope all of our Ukrainian fiancés in the group are all ok! What a terrifying time. I hope you'll be reunited soon! If anyone deserves to skip "the line" it is y'all! Stay safe! 

April Chart link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1USXTWEww37JnWiCxW6ftP1UZjE6fKU2gn2Mk4OSVGLw/edit?usp=sharing

Tomorrow marks 11 months for me and today the feeling is the numbness. I'm afraid that us in April will be beyond the 12 months. I'm already less than 3 weeks from being outside of the normal processing times. Again. As of today it says they're processing March 13. I've already submitted 3 inquiries - 2 myself and once by my Senator's office. I'm so tired of my life being in a holding pattern.

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Mari_Justin said:

I dont really think the content of the letter is important, many of the congressman or senators will have a cookie cutter form right on their website for you to fill out, generally under "Services" -> "Help with a Federal Agency".

The contents of my letter is very generic:

I'm writing as a constituent of {YOUR CONGRESS PERSON HERE} to request Congressional Liaison Assistance with a pending I-129F petition for K1 Visa of a Fiancé of a US Citizen.

Our petition has been pending for {XXX} days, since {DATE OF NOA1}. Case processing times as advertised by USCIS at the time of filing were {X} months which we are more than {x} month beyond at this point. My case was already passed the initial estimated processing times at then which the estimated processing times were increased to 10-12 months. With the signficiant increase in processing estimation times, the estimated length of a fully completed K1 Visa is now easily topping 14 months.

This recent failure by the US Immigration system and more precisely the USCIS is unacceptable. Currently they will only process roughly 50 cases per day, it would take them more 2 months to process only an average months worth of applications. We're expected to put our lives on hold for an ever increasing and undetermined amount of time, this results in extreme mental, emotional and financial anguish which could easily be avoided.

My name is {PETITIONER NAME}, the petitioner for the beneficiary {BENEFICIARY NAME} a citizen of {BENEFICIARY COUNTRY}. Our case number {YOUR CASE #} which has a receipt date of {DATE OF NOA1}.

We request for your help in this desperate matter and sincerely appreciate your assistance.

Awesome! Thank you so much!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, CJPinEcuador said:

Thank you for sharing that data. The process is absolutely soul crushing. I remember being so certain id hear back by January at latest, and that id get to move this year. Now I dont even know if ill get NOA2 before april, or get to move before 2023.

I do hope you get some news soon, and that the future does come asap.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Charlotte070 said:

In the March group people are predicting April won’t even be done by the end of June. At this point nothing can disappoint me any further 

This makes sense honestly with how long its been taking them on March

I miss being certain id get noa2 by January 🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, Charlotte070 said:

In the March group people are predicting April won’t even be done by the end of June. At this point nothing can disappoint me any further 

They are only looking at processing of March cases. 

Actual processing rate is higher than what they are seeing, and it is around 90-110 per day. 

Thus April will probably start processing in second-third week of March

Large part of processing will probably happened in April.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.