J&D1008

APRIL 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

2,043 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I got an alert on my phone just now of a status change close to my case.  It's an RFE.  I'm April 19 NOA1.

I'm kinda hopeful, although, I know they are "working" on April 5.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, MeG@Am said:

I got an alert on my phone just now of a status change close to my case.  It's an RFE.  I'm April 19 NOA1.

I'm kinda hopeful, although, I know they are "working" on April 5.

Really? I’m not sure what that means. Does the app alert you when cases within the same group as you are being looked at? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Charlotte070 said:

Really? I’m not sure what that means. Does the app alert you when cases within the same group as you are being looked at? 

So in the app, you can track several cases at a time.  I tracked, of course my case and 10 cases before me and 10 cases after me.  If there's changes in these cases, it will alert me.

Timeline
1 minute ago, MeG@Am said:

So in the app, you can track several cases at a time.  I tracked, of course my case and 10 cases before me and 10 cases after me.  If there's changes in these cases, it will alert me.

Ah ok, I get what you mean. Thanks and good luck! I’m April 26th 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
4 hours ago, OM&OL said:

But I have a question, what's the difference between earliest date received and latest date received?

I made the chart as all of our cases started showing received back in April/May. Sometimes the lockbox is slow and misses assigning a number to a case on the day it was accepted, so they give it any number in any range, but note the date it actually arrived. The lockbox was behind with the storms last Feb/March, so some March filers are mixed in our numbers that are majority April filers. So when I run the Case Tracker App I can see the received dates and noted the earliest and latest for each range of 500. So everyone in that 500 range falls somewhere within the 2 dates listed. I did not do this when I made the March and May charts (I just listed the majority of each range) as they already had early approvals in some ranges and so I couldn't identify the true earliest and latest dates. 

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Saivarshini said:

But they don’t really process by order. Do they? 

Yup, you're right.  

Honestly, I'm not expecting any happenings... just keeping my expectations low so I don't feel bad if they extend the date again.  I'll just roll my eyes and move on.  

I just told my fiancé about the change, and I first expressed disappointment.  Then he said, "there's nothing we can do about it but to wait."  I'm glad he reminded me about lowering my expectations. 😆

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
5 hours ago, MeG@Am said:

Then he said, "there's nothing we can do about it but to wait."  I'm glad he reminded me about lowering my expectations. 😆

Right. I think the best thing we can do now is to lower our expectations but still hope for the best. 🤞🙏  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello Guys,

My fiancé and I put an inquiry in last week and got the following reply attached.

Does this mean we can put in another inquiry? Or do we wait 30/60 days? Quite confused about this reply and no help at all unfortunately :(

1D5778B1-0E29-4AA1-BB1A-8B007D0B0BB1.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Edward&Lily said:

Hello Guys,

My fiancé and I put an inquiry in last week and got the following reply attached.

Does this mean we can put in another inquiry? Or do we wait 30/60 days? Quite confused about this reply and no help at all unfortunately :(

1D5778B1-0E29-4AA1-BB1A-8B007D0B0BB1.png

You may put in another inquiry 30 days from today (the day you received the inquiry). The 30 days gives them time to work through the cases further and possibly start on yours. Inquiries don’t speed up the process, they’re solely for information purposes. But they’ve gotten much quicker at responding to them, so that’s good.

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Are you sure you can put in a second inquiry?  I put in an inquiry December 3rd, tried another today and a message popped up saying they already had an inquiry on record, so it was rejected

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, keickhoff said:

Are you sure you can put in a second inquiry?  I put in an inquiry December 3rd, tried another today and a message popped up saying they already had an inquiry on record, so it was rejected

You have to wait for 30 days after they responded to your inquiry, not 30 days from submitting the inquiry.

I-129F Sent: 02/27/2021

NOA1: Received 03/04/2021 (backdated); notice date 03/30/2021

NOA2: 02/14/2022
NVC Case Number Received: 03/15/2022

Sent to Tokyo Embassy: 03/29/2022

Tokyo Embassy Received: 04/04/2022

Interview Date: 06/06/2022

Entered the US: Waiting

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
6 minutes ago, keickhoff said:

Yes. This also happened to me when I sent in my second inquiry, but I just waited a bit longer and it allowed me to send it eventually

21 hours ago, CJPinEcuador said:

I made the chart as all of our cases started showing received back in April/May. Sometimes the lockbox is slow and misses assigning a number to a case on the day it was accepted, so they give it any number in any range, but note the date it actually arrived. The lockbox was behind with the storms last Feb/March, so some March filers are mixed in our numbers that are majority April filers. So when I run the Case Tracker App I can see the received dates and noted the earliest and latest for each range of 500. So everyone in that 500 range falls somewhere within the 2 dates listed. I did not do this when I made the March and May charts (I just listed the majority of each range) as they already had early approvals in some ranges and so I couldn't identify the true earliest and latest dates. 

Got it, thanks for explaining and for putting this effort and sharing those information. 

I wish USCIS take it seriously and understand how important it is for all of us. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.