J&D1008

APRIL 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

2,043 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
12 hours ago, strwbrysky said:

How did they confirm it? I got this after I changed the address. 

Success! Address change request submitted.
Updated Address To: xxxxxxx
Your confirmation number is: CAxxxxxx
Expect a reply by: August 11, 2021
IMPORTANT: Be sure to also give your new address to the U.S. Postal Service. You can change your address at usps.com or visit your
local post office.

I didn’t receive any replies since August so I was wondering if they really have changed it already. Is this the same with yours? 

This is what they send my fiance:

On 12/24/2021 , you or your representative contacted U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) about your I-129F to notify us of your change of address.
>
> We have updated your address in our data systems for the case(s) you contacted us about.
>
> We hope this information is helpful.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

I submitted an inquiry in early December and got the standard reply, Can you call?  If so anytime after the posted date of outside normal processing time?  I read about the immigration ombudsman but I don't think you can reach out to them until your case is 60 days past posted processing date.  Any one else with info?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
38 minutes ago, keickhoff said:

I submitted an inquiry in early December and got the standard reply, Can you call?  If so anytime after the posted date of outside normal processing time?  I read about the immigration ombudsman but I don't think you can reach out to them until your case is 60 days past posted processing date.  Any one else with info?

Ombudsman is 60 days *over the outside of processing date*, you’re right; but also, they cannot be contacted within 30 days of a congressional inquiry if you’re waiting on that. Again, the May 1st date is going to be significantly adjusted soon, perhaps even all the way back into March. As inquiries don’t speed your individual case up, the standard reply will be given to April filers for at least another month, I’m afraid, they’re very behind :( 

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
21 hours ago, CJPinEcuador said:

WEEKLY CHART UPDATE 01/02:

No movement from last week.

TOTALS:

108 Approvals

18 RFEs

3359 Other Action aka “waiting and others”

Here’s hoping 2022 will be kinder to us all!

where do you find this information?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 12/29/2021 at 3:50 PM, CJPinEcuador said:

Case Tracker (iOS is the easiest to use it in, I think it works differently in Android)

Here is the April Chart (updated weekly on Sunday) 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1USXTWEww37JnWiCxW6ftP1UZjE6fKU2gn2Mk4OSVGLw/edit

And here is the March chart (updated daily now that they are working on March)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-KrCTr9vliewjQfS0omnCI7eW8IqiLPJ2US4rRtpxAE/edit

Here is the info. It comes from the case tracker app

10 hours ago, CJPinEcuador said:

Here is the info. It comes from the case tracker app

How reliable is this app vs the government website? I looked at the reviews on the Play Store and it doesn't really seem legit. And why is the gov website for California saying that they're reviewing May 1st whereas the app is telling us that nothing from April has basically been reviewed. Seems really off.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, zedag said:

How reliable is this app vs the government website? I looked at the reviews on the Play Store and it doesn't really seem legit. And why is the gov website for California saying that they're reviewing May 1st whereas the app is telling us that nothing from April has basically been reviewed. Seems really off.

As far as I can tell the app gets the data from the government website. It even has a link that takes you to the USCIS website for your particular case. And people who are approved get notice on the app the same day or a day after the website shows they are approved. 

The USCIS website doesn’t say they are reviewing May 1st, it simply shows a date for when you can finally inquire about your case. 

Take it or leave it, but based on the number of real people who post daily here, on Facebook, and on the lawfully forum, they definitely aren’t headed full steam into May at this point. 

The app may be telling us that they have done little from April, but even more telling is how many of us are April filers that can confirm that we are still painfully waiting. 

Feel free not to follow the chart if it isn’t to your liking. 

*Additionally, the reviews don’t seem that bad. See pic. 

0AE66514-4669-49C6-BCE5-49AE1E42D9B0.jpeg

Edited by CJPinEcuador

10 hours ago, CJPinEcuador said:

As far as I can tell the app gets the data from the government website. It even has a link that takes you to the USCIS website for your particular case. And people who are approved get notice on the app the same day or a day after the website shows they are approved. 

The USCIS website doesn’t say they are reviewing May 1st, it simply shows a date for when you can finally inquire about your case. 

Take it or leave it, but based on the number of real people who post daily here, on Facebook, and on the lawfully forum, they definitely aren’t headed full steam into May at this point. 

The app may be telling us that they have done little from April, but even more telling is how many of us are April filers that can confirm that we are still painfully waiting. 

Feel free not to follow the chart if it isn’t to your liking. 

*Additionally, the reviews don’t seem that bad. See pic. 

0AE66514-4669-49C6-BCE5-49AE1E42D9B0.jpeg

I was just asking a question about the reliability of a source, not personally attacking anyone. we're all having a hard time with waiting.

thank you for clarifying about the date on the processing center time, that makes more sense. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Saivarshini said:

Does this mean I can submit an inquiry tomorrow? (Noa1 on 5th April) 

I submitted an inquiry on 6th December and got response on 16th December. How often can I submit the inquiry again? 

On other forums it was either every 30 or 45 days (I think 30, but I can't remember now). I guess the best bet is just to try to put one in every day after 30 days from the original inquiry submission date (or give them a call if you can get through). Online it will tell you if you can't because it's "too soon". 

1 hour ago, CJPinEcuador said:

On other forums it was either every 30 or 45 days (I think 30, but I can't remember now). I guess the best bet is just to try to put one in every day after 30 days from the original inquiry submission date (or give them a call if you can get through). Online it will tell you if you can't because it's "too soon". 

Is it 30 days from the date of submission or date of response? I’m confused. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.