TBoneTX

All F2B Updates in This Thread (Part 2)

663 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/1/2021 at 11:09 PM, J.W. said:

Hi I have questions for my sisters F2B petition. It is now in NVC and we already paid the AOS. Waiting for it to clear for us to go on next step which is submission of the AOS. But was wondering if we can transfer the case from Manila US Embassy to Australia US Embassy. Since she is residing there right now and not in the Philippines. I’ve read somewhere this could be done.  Just want some confirmation/clarification if it’s true, and if it is HOW? Thanks 

Yes you can do that when your case is approved, you can contact NVC & change interview location to Australia, they will transfer your file to Australia. Contact NVC ASAP...u will have to fill form on their website, they take 2 months just to get back to you. 
I got my embassy transferred from India to Montreal too.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Priority Date - March 2016, 

category - F2B (Bangladesh)
Dear sir/madam, USCIS approved my petition on January 21, 2021 as the attached file. However, I have not received Welcome letter (NVC Case Number & Invoice ID Number) within 45 days & now crossing 108+ Days. Please suggest me what do I do?  I am looking forward to hearing from you soon. 

Thank you. 

Note - I email many times at nvc & uscis but nvc says they not found my case from uscis & uscis says they forward case nvc

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

So 90k visa was issued in Family preference category in 2020. That's roughly 90/226 = 0.4 = 40% visa issued. 

So, 60% people or 60% of 12 months = 7.2 = 7 and half months of delay for everyone at least. 

Then I looked at the visa numbers of last few months and they don't look so good either so far this year. So, everybody will be delayed by 1 year in their Priority Date waiting time + less visa may be issued to compensate for the immediate relatives backlog that needs to be cleared as they get priority first in embassy interview. 

For F2B,  some countries are issuing visa but it's not that great. 

For Dhaka embassy in Bangladesh, I don't see a single visa issuance in the last 4 months and probably nothing in the last year. Dhaka embassies issued 3000+ F4 visas in 2020 but can't be bothered to issue even 10 F2B this year? Makes no sense at all. They are not even clearing F2A either. 

Edited by zaback21

Timeline
On 6/2/2021 at 5:58 AM, mira8090 said:

Maybe the new blueprint for immigration reform impose by the Biden administration will help speed up the process for f2b immigrants I still waiting my process is been on file since Feb. 2017 and Montreal is slow but better than Guayaquil. 

That's going to make things worse not better. It's only for Employment visas category and one of the provisions saying, family members of Employment visa petitioner should be included in Family preference, putting even more pressure on the very little visa that it's getting. 

Overall it's a very bad idea. Yes it may reduce the wait times of Indians from 15 years to 12, but then again it will increase the wait times for the rest of the world from as low as 6 months to 12 years. 

No one will be immigrating soon on this visa. It will totally be broken. 

I don't want to sound xenophobic or anything against India, but taking 70-80% of HIB visa for decades is what lead to this problem. If H1B visa had 7% cap per country, then there would not be an issue now. 

But then again, H1B was supposed to be a temporary work visa and not a pathway to PR. 

Edited by zaback21

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

It takes around 12 to 15 months from the date of DQ to get an interview during this Pandemic. The Nairobi Kenya Embassy is now doing F2b interviews of folks who were DQ'd between Feb and April 2020. I guess it matters s with the Embassy that's handling your case but you'd have a good chance of getting an interview Letter soon if you were DQ'd early last year.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/28/2021 at 6:05 PM, iza25 said:

Hi,

I would like to ask if anyone here has already received an interview appointment for F2B? Im located in the Philippines and was DQ'd July 2019.  I hope you can give me insights as well.

Thanks! Stay safe!

What is your Pd? Mine is 2009. I am also waiting for interview appointment. DQ last year

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, iza25 said:

2009 as well. I'm sorry, DQ'd last year too, not 2019.  Have you received any email from NVC lately? 

Yes, dated Jun 7. They said they will send another notice within 60 days if an interview is or not scheduled. Visa interviews were delayed due to Covid outbreak. It was the 2nd email from NVC after DQ. I received first email from them last March 5. How about you?

On 6/10/2021 at 11:00 AM, Jia1911 said:

Yes, dated Jun 7. They said they will send another notice within 60 days if an interview is or not scheduled. Visa interviews were delayed due to Covid outbreak. It was the 2nd email from NVC after DQ. I received first email from them last March 5. How about you?

Same e-mail, I also got them around March and then June.  I do hope we can finally get an interview schedule within 60 days..  Keep me posted. :)

Timeline

I DQ  on 16th September 2019 F2B category and my priority date was in 2013...awaiting Montreal interview...so far 2 emails saying to stay put and that’s it looking to keep track of what’s happening in my category...In Montreal they are not processing my category yet and no idea when they will...Canada hit 75% first shot vaccination rate and new cases are very low so hopefully this will translate into full operations soon but not sure what other factors are at play here??

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, marko1111 said:

I DQ  on 16th September 2019 F2B category and my priority date was in 2013...awaiting Montreal interview...so far 2 emails saying to stay put and that’s it looking to keep track of what’s happening in my category...In Montreal they are not processing my category yet and no idea when they will...Canada hit 75% first shot vaccination rate and new cases are very low so hopefully this will translate into full operations soon but not sure what other factors are at play here??

I got Documentarily Qualified (DQ) on 25th September, 2020…Montreal embassy too…keep me posted too please :) …tired of waiting…I got 2 emails from NVC so far…

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.