Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
On 6/23/2022 at 4:05 AM, Catalystmuch said:

Priority Date - 29MAY2015
Documentarly Qualified - 01SEP2021
Interview Letter - 22JUNE2022
Interview Date - 18AUGUST2022
Interview Location - Harare Zimbabwe

So, it's giving interview to people around May now for Zimbabwe. 

Hello everybody!

Im new here!

my sister is from Colombia and my mom put the petition (f2b)in on 2018; a few months later in 2019USCIS approved her case and sent it to the NVC

The NVC created her case she has a new number and an invoice number in 2019 

it will be 4 years of waiting soon.  Should we contact the nvc since she already has had a case number and invoice number for 4 years? 

thank you!! 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, Laura1614 said:

Hello everybody!

Im new here!

my sister is from Colombia and my mom put the petition (f2b)in on 2018; a few months later in 2019USCIS approved her case and sent it to the NVC

The NVC created her case she has a new number and an invoice number in 2019 

it will be 4 years of waiting soon.  Should we contact the nvc since she already has had a case number and invoice number for 4 years? 

thank you!! 

I'm surprised USCIS sent her case to NVC that early for case creation. Maybe they've changed how they operate because usually the case is sent to NVC a few months/weeks before case becomes current on the date of filing chart on the visa bulletin. As your sister's PD is in 2018, you typically should expect contact from NVC regarding submission of documents just around when her case becomes current...right now at Jan 2017 for filing. Has your sister created an account on the CEAC platform? 

Edited by Mundo254

11 hours ago, Mundo254 said:

I'm surprised USCIS sent her case to NVC that early for case creation. Maybe they've changed how they operate because usually the case is sent to NVC a few months/weeks before case becomes current on the date of filing chart on the visa bulletin. As your sister's PD is in 2018, you typically should expect contact from NVC regarding submission of documents just around when her case becomes current...right now at Jan 2017 for filing. Has your sister created an account on the CEAC platform? 

I know! They approved her case from USCIS within 6 months and since then they sent that ti the NVC

she already has an account on the CEAC also 

I have heard of some people that go through this and they complete their cases before the PD becomes current; we are hoping this is my sister case 😉

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, Laura1614 said:

I know! They approved her case from USCIS within 6 months and since then they sent that ti the NVC

she already has an account on the CEAC also 

I have heard of some people that go through this and they complete their cases before the PD becomes current; we are hoping this is my sister case 😉

Then she'll have to wait for NVC to activate her account so she can submit documents. I suspect this will happen when her PD nears on the date of filing chart, and thats a long way still down the road. Keep your eyes on the visa bulletin and keep checking her CEAC acc.

47 minutes ago, Mundo254 said:

Then she'll have to wait for NVC to activate her account so she can submit documents. I suspect this will happen when her PD nears on the date of filing chart, and thats a long way still down the road. Keep your eyes on the visa bulletin and keep checking her CEAC acc.

Yes! For Colombia is about 4 to 5 years!

we are in year 4 now! Fingers crossed! 

PD: October 2010

DQ: March 2021

We requested to expedite the process for my brother's petition since one of his children is turning 21 yrs old by the end of the year. the first request was denied last February 2022 and we were thinking that it was too soon at that time. But since it is now only less than 6 months before my nephew turns 21, we requested again just last week and yesterday, we received word that the US Embassy or Consulate (Philippines) accepted our request to expedite the process. The email states that, it would take about 2 weeks for the US Embassy or Consulate to receive the file from NVC

Question: Once the request to expedite the process gets accepted, how soon can the US Embassy or Consulate (Philippines) can schedule an interview?

• 1 month later...
Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 6/22/2022 at 10:13 PM, SidPatel said:

Hello everyone 

Category : F2B

Priority Date : 26 April 2016

DQ : 21 May 2021

Interview Location: Mumbai Embassy 

How much time it will take..???

Any F2b people who have received IL Recently..???

Anyone knows for F2b category up to which DQ they had issued ILs..????

Hi,

Have you had any response yet? Know of anyone who got ILs recently?
I am also waiting for an interview appointment from Mumbai Embassy, F2B category. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.