TBoneTX

All F2B Updates in This Thread (Part 2)

689 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/6/2024 at 11:31 PM, Mundo254 said:

We already have a year's prediction in last month's VB. (10 weeks movement in Q1and Q2, whatever that meant.

You can't really fault the guy who grabbed 4 slices of Pizza if at the start everyone was told it was okay to do that by the supervisor. The guy just reacted quicker.

DR numbers are legal. The laws and policies just need to change. The resentment won't help. I've heard many say these types of immigration visas to the US rarely exist in other first worlds, so its a privilege of some sorts. They may be right.

We keep waiting!

One way DoS can clear up any doubts and resentment among RoW is to publish a countrywide breakdown of F2B candidates waiting for their PD to become current. That list will clearly show if DR indeed has about half of the candidates in the waiting pool.

On 4/6/2024 at 11:31 PM, Mundo254 said:

You can't really fault the guy who grabbed 4 slices of Pizza if at the start everyone was told it was okay to do that by the supervisor. The guy just reacted quicker.

You also can't fault the guy who grabbed 4 slices if everybody else decided that they'd rather have a hamburger.

It's up to each consulate which visa categories they prioritise and give interview slots to each month. If they don't want the pizza then that's up to them, just means there's more for everybody else. 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
6 hours ago, Clarke84 said:

May Visa Bulletin is out!

Final action date moved to April 1 2016!

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2024/visa-bulletin-for-may-2024.html

Good God!!! Patience is indeed a virtue. This is very unexpected, pleasantly! Guys, keep staying hopeful. 

On 3/10/2024 at 7:21 PM, xavier2014 said:

after seeing 2019 VB data, I am expecting 10 more months of movement in this fical year, I think state dep. cleared the covid backlog. would be a great year for 2016 applicants. Hope for the best

so far 6 months movement happened , we are on track plus VISA AVAILABILITY IN THE COMING MONTHS prediction working perfectly 

after seeing 2019 VB data, I am expecting 10 more months of movement in this fical year, I think state dep. cleared the covid backlog. would be a great year for 2016 applicants. Hope for the best

so far 6 months movement happened , we are on track plus VISA AVAILABILITY IN THE COMING MONTHS prediction working perfectly 

9 hours ago, zaback21 said:

Let's hope it doesn't stop here for the next 6 months but moves a month or so every month. 

I am expecting at least one move in Chart B besides Chart A, look at F3, they started moving Chart B after clearing backlog.

Pre- covid we see 10-30 months overall movement per fiscal year. If lucky most F2B 2016 applicant may be eligible for IL at the end of the fiscal year. 

PD 09/2014, DQ 04/2022 Rio de Janeiro. Does it make sense to opt-in to F1 after my mother’s naturalization or should I opt-out and stay in F2B? Does it make any difference in terms of having the interview scheduled at this point if I’m in either category since they’re both current?

Edited by dcbr

On 4/10/2024 at 3:28 PM, dcbr said:

PD 09/2014, DQ 04/2022 Rio de Janeiro. Does it make sense to opt-in to F1 after my mother’s naturalization or should I opt-out and stay in F2B? Does it make any difference in terms of having the interview scheduled at this point if I’m in either category since they’re both current?

I don't think it matters, but how is it possible you haven't had your interview scheduled yet? You've had a PD that's been current for awhile. 

Also, unrelated and for those interested, USCIS has released more info on last years visa numbers. Check it out at below link:

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/WaitingList/WaitingListItem_2023_vF.pdf

Timeline
1 hour ago, Clarke84 said:

Also, unrelated and for those interested, USCIS has released more info on last years visa numbers. Check it out at below link:

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/WaitingList/WaitingListItem_2023_vF.pdf

Thanks for the share. A very elaborate document.

Hopefully this clears up any concerns raised about Dominican Republic numbers. And I will quote;

''INA Section 202
prescribes that visa issuances to nationals of any single country may not exceed seven percent
during a fiscal year. This limit serves to avoid the potential monopolization of the annual 
limitation by applicants from only a few countries. That limitation is not a quota to which any 
particular country is entitled, however. For FY 2024 the per-country limit will be approximately 
27,090''

Timeline
On 4/9/2024 at 5:53 PM, RR159 said:

One way DoS can clear up any doubts and resentment among RoW is to publish a countrywide breakdown of F2B candidates waiting for their PD to become current. That list will clearly show if DR indeed has about half of the candidates in the waiting pool.

Screenshot_20240412-071746_WPS PDF.jpg

10 hours ago, Clarke84 said:

I don't think it matters, but how is it possible you haven't had your interview scheduled yet? You've had a PD that's been current for awhile. 

Lots of countries have huge backlogs and the wait for an interview can be 1-2 years+ from being DQ'ed, even if the PD is current. Utterly frustrating that after a lengthy wait for a PD to become current there's another line to wait in, particularly when some consulates are only a couple of months from DQ to interview date. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, Mundo254 said:

Thanks for the share. A very elaborate document.

Hopefully this clears up any concerns raised about Dominican Republic numbers. And I will quote;

''INA Section 202
prescribes that visa issuances to nationals of any single country may not exceed seven percent
during a fiscal year. This limit serves to avoid the potential monopolization of the annual 
limitation by applicants from only a few countries. That limitation is not a quota to which any 
particular country is entitled, however. For FY 2024 the per-country limit will be approximately 
27,090''

It actually supports the concerns about DR.

Page 5 of the same document says: (The per country limit in INA 202 sets an annual maximum on the amount of Family preference visas which may be issued to applicants from any one country; the FY 2024 per country limit will be 15,820.)

In the first 5 months of FY 2024, DR already received 13,870. At this rate it’s hard to imagine the limit will not be exceeded by the end of the year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.