TBoneTX

All F2B Updates in This Thread (Part 2)

665 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, Mundo254 said:

Funny how whoever drafted the text had to be so complicated; Would have been easy to say, 'this fiscal year'. The 'throughout Q3 and Q4' is confusing and unnecessary. lol

Anyway, as said, we wait for next months VB, what they meant will be clearer.

I doubt it will be clearer. For example , next VB, if F2B moves by:

a) 2 weeks, does it mean 10 weeks for the remainder of the year? - no

b) 4/5 weeks, does it mean 10 weeks for each of the two quarters? - no 

c) 10 weeks, does it mean 10 weeks each month onwards? - no 

That notice is actually confusing by design. Even though those DoS people seem like clueless, they are steering the conversation away from the flaws in the system. For instance, excessive numbers of visas issued to DR, and their inability to limit it by putting a separate cut off date for DR.

Timeline
On 2/28/2024 at 7:44 PM, RR159 said:

In 2023, those three countries clearly exceeded the 7% limit (27,588x0.07=1,931).

Consider total family visas: 205k issued. Top performers,-

1. DR -45k

2. Mexico -25k

3. Vietnam -19k

4. Cuba -17.5k

5. India -14.8k

Needless to say they all exceeded 7%, 14.35k.

Finally consider family and employment, total visas: 388k issued. Guess who are at the top?

1. DR -45k

2. Mexico -26k

3. Philippines -26k

DR is the only country to go beyond 7%, 27k.

No matter how people try to justify, official limits don’t seem to apply for DR. Just amazing! 45k against 27k!!

Well now the adjustment of status numbers are published, so the total numbers are slightly moved around. Following countries are exceeding the limit:

F2B: DR-13.7k, Phil-3k, Mex-2.6k, Viet-2.3k

Family: DR-41.4k, Mex-29.7k, Viet-19k, Cuba-16.3k, Ind-14.7k

Fam+Emp: Ind-41.9k, DR-41.8k, Mex-38.4k, CHN-28.4k, Phil-28.4k

Section 202 of INA says that the per country limit is 7% of 399k total visas issued to Fam+Emp preference categories last year. Clearly all 5 countries above are violating that rule…

I have no idea how they calculated this number, but I found this on the National Immigration Forum. If these numbers are the correct ones than none of the above countries in previous post actually exceeded their limit:

The preference category system interacts with the remnants of the old quota system. Per the Immigration Act of 1990, each country is allotted 7 percent of the available green cards for both family-based and employment-based immigrants. This means that every country has a maximum number of 44,100 family-based immigrants and 14,700 employment-based immigrants for each fiscal year.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
On 3/23/2024 at 2:32 AM, Clarke84 said:

I have no idea how they calculated this number, but I found this on the National Immigration Forum. If these numbers are the correct ones than none of the above countries in previous post actually exceeded their limit:

That's a wrong information. 

Family based: 226k

Employment: 140k

Total: 366k

7% = 25,620

42 minutes ago, zaback21 said:

7% = 25,620

It varies each year. The 25,620 is only an example ('i.e.'), as it depends on actual numbers (the employment based is at least 140k, not a max of 140k). The website linked to above is very reputable - I've not done the sums but I'd assume it's correct.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
3 hours ago, zaback21 said:

7% = 25,620

Have you paused for a while and asked yourself that maybe you might be wrong with your calculations? And if I may ask, what do you think is the motivation of 'over issuing' visas to certain countries? (DR for e.g)

I mentioned here before that I doubt visas are being issued to the said countries haphazardly because c'mon ... we would be hearing a lot of uproar from various quarters party to this matter.

Timeline
On 3/22/2024 at 11:32 PM, Clarke84 said:

Great read. Thanks for the link.

1 minute ago, Mundo254 said:

Have you paused for a while and asked yourself that maybe you might be wrong with your calculations? And if I may ask, what do you think is the motivation of 'over issuing' visas to certain countries? (DR for e.g)

I mentioned here before that I doubt visas are being issued to the said countries haphazardly because c'mon ... we would be hearing a lot of uproar from various quarters party to this matter.

It would be breaking the law and class action lawsuits would be flying all over the place. There's no way any country has been issued over the limit IMO, I think people are just misunderstanding the numbers.

Timeline
9 hours ago, appleblossom said:

It would be breaking the law and class action lawsuits would be flying all over the place. There's no way any country has been issued over the limit IMO, I think people are just misunderstanding the numbers.

Pointing out the exact misunderstood numbers would be helpful. There are no mysteries in those numbers, they are openly available from 2023 annual reports:

1) https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2023AnnualReport/FY2023_AR_TableIII.pdf

2)

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2023AnnualReport/FY2023_AR_TableV_Part4.pdf

3) https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2023AnnualReport/FY2023_AR_TableV_Part1.pdf

Summary of countries exceeding the limit at various levels:

F2B: DR-13.7k, Phil-3k, Mex-2.6k, Viet-2.3k, out of a total 28.7k issued 

Family (preference): DR-41.4k, Mex-29.7k, Viet-19k, Cuba-16.3k, Ind-14.7k, out of a total 205k issued 

Family +Emploment (preference): Ind-41.9k, DR-41.8k, Mex-38.4k, CHN-28.4k, Phil-28.4k, out of a total 399k

Immediate relatives are NOT considered preference categories so should not be included for limits, which The Immigration Forum article seems to have done.

The reason why nobody is doing anything about this uneven distribution is that lawyers are busy making money off of helping to move family visa quotas over to the employment visas. (21k moved last October)

DoS is not doing anything new to fix it because it’s too much work! They can easily apply separate cut off dates for ALL countries exceeding the limits (DR for example). At this digital age this should not be an issue.

Timeline
9 hours ago, RR159 said:

Pointing out the exact misunderstood numbers would be helpful. There are no mysteries in those numbers, they are openly available from 2023 annual reports:

1) https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2023AnnualReport/FY2023_AR_TableIII.pdf

2)

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2023AnnualReport/FY2023_AR_TableV_Part4.pdf

3) https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2023AnnualReport/FY2023_AR_TableV_Part1.pdf

Family (preference): DR-41.4k, Mex-29.7k, Viet-19k, Cuba-16.3k, Ind-14.7k, out of a total 205k issued 

Family +Emploment (preference): Ind-41.9k, DR-41.8k, Mex-38.4k, CHN-28.4k, Phil-28.4k, out of a total 399k

Immediate relatives are NOT considered preference categories so should not be included for limits, which The Immigration Forum article seems to have done.

The reason why nobody is doing anything about this uneven distribution is that lawyers are busy making money off of helping to move family visa quotas over to the employment visas. (21k moved last October)

DoS is not doing anything new to fix it because it’s too much work! They can easily apply separate cut off dates for ALL countries exceeding the limits (DR for example). At this digital age this should not be an issue.

Do you realize these numbers are etched in law? Is the USA DOS breaking the law in plain sight in regards to this matter? I bet not. Why are we not seeing class action lawsuits all over the place? And btw, the movement/spill over of FB to E visas is also in law so I'm confused when you say lawyers are pushing that.

ion, I think this paragraph in the article shared above collaborates your analysis. 

Screenshot_20240325-114933_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Mundo254

On 3/24/2024 at 7:32 PM, RR159 said:

2)

Remember that the total number of issued visas includes the cap exempt F2A's, the unused visas from the previous FY are carried over and added to the next year's quota, those issued under military provisions don't count towards the quota (but will be included in the tables), that the per-country limitation on employment-based visa numbers can be lifted at any point, and that certain exceptions to the per-country cap are built into the INA that allow green cards unused by a country to be allocated to those waiting in line elsewhere. Etc, etc. I agree that there are no mysteries in the numbers, but there are too many other factors that will come in to it and that those figures won't show. 

As @Mundo254 has said, there's no way they're going over these limits and breaking the law. Any lawyer would be trying to file a class lawsuit if that were the case, as they'd make a fortune, and it would be all over every immigration blog and social media too.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Newbuddy said:

In short they will do one thing, ultimately they will close 2024 with December 2015 PD’s & will starts 2016 cases in 2025

In the Jan ‘24 visa bulletin priority date for F2B Mexico moved by an astonishing amount of 539 days!!

Was it:

1) A mistake by dept of state?

2) Or was it because the beneficiaries moved on, got married, became parents, settled down, became grandparents…

Does it mean that F2B RoW will now start to move by 100’s days at a time?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 3/28/2024 at 9:56 PM, RR159 said:

In the Jan ‘24 visa bulletin priority date for F2B Mexico moved by an astonishing amount of 539 days!!

Was it:

1) A mistake by dept of state?

2) Or was it because the beneficiaries moved on, got married, became parents, settled down, became grandparents…

Does it mean that F2B RoW will now start to move by 100’s days at a time?

On a more serious note, F2B people will be lucky if the priority date moves by one week in the visa bulletin for May 2024. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/FEBRUARY%202024%20-%20IV%20Issuances%20by%20FSC%20or%20Place%20of%20Birth%20and%20Visa%20Class.pdf

With five months of statistics available in the 2024 cycle, a total of 8,880 F2B visas are issued out of an average expected 10,944 (=26,266x5/12). So not much wiggle room for a large movement.

And it will continue to stay that way for the foreseeable future. At least for the rest of the world other than Dominican Republic.

DR continues to grab about half of available F2B’s. 

8 people sat down to share a large pizza, cut into 8 equal slices. One of them immediately grabs 4 slices and leaves. The other 7 looks at each other, trying to understand what happened. After a while they are forced to eat about half slices each, happy that they at least got half a slice.

The person who was supposed to supervise them keeps quiet, avoiding any eye contact with them

Timeline
9 hours ago, RR159 said:

On a more serious note, F2B people will be lucky if the priority date moves by one week in the visa bulletin for May 2024. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/FEBRUARY%202024%20-%20IV%20Issuances%20by%20FSC%20or%20Place%20of%20Birth%20and%20Visa%20Class.pdf

With five months of statistics available in the 2024 cycle, a total of 8,880 F2B visas are issued out of an average expected 10,944 (=26,266x5/12). So not much wiggle room for a large movement.

And it will continue to stay that way for the foreseeable future. At least for the rest of the world other than Dominican Republic.

DR continues to grab about half of available F2B’s. 

8 people sat down to share a large pizza, cut into 8 equal slices. One of them immediately grabs 4 slices and leaves. The other 7 looks at each other, trying to understand what happened. After a while they are forced to eat about half slices each, happy that they at least got half a slice.

The person who was supposed to supervise them keeps quiet, avoiding any eye contact with them

We already have a year's prediction in last month's VB. (10 weeks movement in Q1and Q2, whatever that meant.

You can't really fault the guy who grabbed 4 slices of Pizza if at the start everyone was told it was okay to do that by the supervisor. The guy just reacted quicker.

DR numbers are legal. The laws and policies just need to change. The resentment won't help. I've heard many say these types of immigration visas to the US rarely exist in other first worlds, so its a privilege of some sorts. They may be right.

We keep waiting!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.