TBoneTX

All F2B Updates in This Thread (Part 2)

682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

For 99% of the people who work there it is a job, not quite what the Administration's view is I do not know.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

20 hours ago, RR159 said:

Listening to Charlie again in his video for February visa bulletin. He mentioned the loop hole, whereby unused family visas fall down to employment categories and he said that unused family visa for China will most likely go to employment visa for China so the priority date for China employment visa will move but family visa will not. 

Why can’t they move the priority date for family visa instead of quickly moving the unused visas into employment categories?

EB has the largest lobby with the most lawyers working alongside them. Congress has set a limit on the number of visas they can issue per year. The only way to generate additional visas is by blocking family visas, thus creating a spillover. Unfortunately, many applicants in family categories are not actively involved in lobbying or working with lawyers to file complaints. 

6 hours ago, GusHD said:

They might think that work visas are more beneficial for the country than family.

If that's the case it's really inhuman.

btw: I'm applying for both F2B (family) and EB2 (work). My F2B is Oct-13-2015.

Most F2B applicants are above 21, and they are typically at their peak in terms of workalike. The EB category is not solely about high skill, as there seems to be some abuse in this category.

It's frustrating that there has been no movement in the F2B category after three years. I can't see any valid reason from the State Department for keeping F2B on hold in this manner. Oh man you are too close, just wait for another movement

On 1/10/2024 at 5:39 PM, Newbuddy said:

I have question

what if some one age reaches to marriage ?? Like his age is 38

If he is in a relationship/ committed thn still he should wait for his interview date ??

It can ruined some ones life or career 

nope you can't get married while still waiting for F2B visas, long wait it really does impact many people. I am sure many visas would be invalid after the State Department starts moving visas. I think that's one of the reasons the State Department missed the 26k mark before COVID people get married, and visas get wasted.

As I am reading on Twitter/X, US politics are now discussing open border migration issues. Many people sarcastically suggesting they should try that instead waiting legally lol.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 1/23/2024 at 4:53 AM, xavier2014 said:

nope you can't get married while still waiting for F2B visas, long wait it really does impact many people. I am sure many visas would be invalid after the State Department starts moving visas. I think that's one of the reasons the State Department missed the 26k mark before COVID people get married, and visas get wasted.

As I am reading on Twitter/X, US politics are now discussing open border migration issues. Many people sarcastically suggesting they should try that instead waiting legally lol.

But if I am naturalized now, my children that are waiting for their F2Bs can get married, but what would be the process? I would have to start a new process and they have to wait 15 years, or what? I mean, life is something hard to stop and with these processes is literally what our children have to do. 
and yes, with all that people crossing the borders illegally then getting so many benefits, to have to wait all the required legal time is very discouraging, myself I have seen some people enjoying being here and bringing family members while my children is waiting for their processes to go through. 
needed to vent, sorry! 

@makers

If you become a naturalized citizen, applicants immigration category would change to F1. At that point, you would need to request to stay in the F2B category. If your children get married, the category would further change to F3. The wait time between F3 and F1 or F2B is almost 6 years.

Yes, we are all waiting, and the existence of the F2B/F1 category seems unjustified, especially when the wait time period stands at 9+ years now. Remaining unmarried is a significant factor that impacts applicants, especially if the applicant is female. I'm guessing that most female applicants from 2015-17 have already gotten married. 

Immigration is a crucial topic in this year's US election, but there is a noticeable lack of focus on the legal immigration system.

Timeline
9 hours ago, makers said:

But if I am naturalized now, my children that are waiting for their F2Bs can get married, but what would be the process? I would have to start a new process and they have to wait 15 years, or what? I mean, life is something hard to stop and with these processes is literally what our children have to do. 
and yes, with all that people crossing the borders illegally then getting so many benefits, to have to wait all the required legal time is very discouraging, myself I have seen some people enjoying being here and bringing family members while my children is waiting for their processes to go through. 
needed to vent, sorry! 

Unmarried children of a USC are F1, but they can keep their PD of F2b is it is beneficial.

Married children of USC are F3, they get to bring their Spouse and underage children.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 1/24/2024 at 8:04 PM, makers said:

needed to vent, sorry! 

You are absolutely correct.,

Before it was taking 3-5 years for unmarried children like f2b category. Now a days it’s taking 7-8 years for the same and if you try for married children than it was taking 8-10 years before, but now a days it’s taking almost 15 years from priority date.

many people crossings boarders and getting advantages of work in US. They just need to surrender themself and case taking long to make any decisions by court so till that time they must get work visa or driving license or PR by getting married to foreigners or having children’s or until US born children turn into Age of 18

Timeline
1 hour ago, Newbuddy said:

You are absolutely correct.,

Before it was taking 3-5 years for unmarried children like f2b category. Now a days it’s taking 7-8 years for the same and if you try for married children than it was taking 8-10 years before, but now a days it’s taking almost 15 years from priority date.

many people crossings boarders and getting advantages of work in US. They just need to surrender themself and case taking long to make any decisions by court so till that time they must get work visa or driving license or PR by getting married to foreigners or having children’s or until US born children turn into Age of 18

21 not 18

Very pathetic process or work by embassy. I don’t think that they are concerned about pending cases, they are having rule like if u dnt contact them within a year from welcome letter they will close the case immediately, but what if we wait for their reply for 2-3 years without any single mail, nothing!! They don’t even bothered for that

5 hours ago, Newbuddy said:

Very pathetic process or work by embassy. I don’t think that they are concerned about pending cases, they are having rule like if u dnt contact them within a year from welcome letter they will close the case immediately, but what if we wait for their reply for 2-3 years without any single mail, nothing!! They don’t even bothered for that

It’s NVC that has that rule, not the consulate. And it makes sense really, there must be lots of people who no longer wish to get a visa when their time finally comes, so by giving them a year (which would be plenty of time for most), it frees up other resources if they’ve decided to no longer pursue the visa. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

The "Monthly Immigrant Visa Issuance Statistics" report is out and, again, the country with exponentially more F2Bs issued is Dominican Republic (907).
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html

Why was F2B ROW advancing uniformly before 2020 and now, that we've recovered from Covid, switched to be Dominican Republic focused only?

Did they really issue thousands of requests in a certain point of time overwhelming other countries?

I'm now in a situation that even if my Oct-2015 PD F2B is called for interview I might decline because my Oct-2023 PD EB2 process in PERM would cover my girlfriend w/o the harass of starting a F2A.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

A clear trend is emerging here with regards to family sponsored immigrant visas.

DOS/NVC feels that they don’t necessarily have to fulfill the total allocated quota of 226,000 family visas for a given fiscal year.

The gap created between allowed numbers vs actual issued numbers, can be transferred to employment categories without any qualms (family visa sponsors and recipients are a not-complaining lot, and NVC appears to not having to answer to anyone for their behavior anyway).

Latest example is the monthly statistics data for FY 2024. For the first three months (Oct to Dec), expected total family categories visa was supposed to be 56,500 (226,000/4). Actual number issued: 31,194. Utilization is 55% only.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Clarke84 said:

March Visa Bulletin is out and we got significant movement!

Final Action date moved to Nov. 22nd 2015. That's almost two months forward from last visa bulletin. 

This is big considering we haven't seen such movement in years. Lets hope it keeps up the pace (even more increases pace) as we get deep into the fiscal year. All the best good people, hang in there!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.