agomaa76

Do you need a new medical exam before AOS interview?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good morning wonderful group,
We received the I485 interview notice for my wife scheduled to be end of March. She arrived to USA on January 7th, 2020 with a K1 visa. We got married on the same month and filled for green Card on April . We got the work permit and travel documents by 11/2020. My question is does she need a new medical exam and Vaccine records? ( the original was giving to the embassy at the K1 interview on December, 2019.
Thank you in advance!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, agomaa76 said:

We received the I485 interview notice for my wife scheduled to be end of March. She arrived to USA on January 7th, 2020 with a K1 visa. We got married on the same month and filled for green Card on April . We got the work permit and travel documents by 11/2020. My question is does she need a new medical exam and Vaccine records? ( the original was giving to the embassy at the K1 interview on December, 2019.
Thank you in advance!

Read the instructions for the i693 regarding K visas.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

This is such a confusing area.  

At the direction of her lawyer, my wife got the examination before we filed I-485.  

At the interview the IO berated the lawyer for getting another medical examination.  

The lawyer, with decades of experience in immigration law was certain the examination was required but wisely didn’t debate the issue with the IO.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, beasty said:

K3 Visa , medical was 1 or 2 month past the 12month, i had to get a new one and pay another 500$ 

did you need that for the visa interview or the I481 interview?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
18 minutes ago, agomaa76 said:

did you need that for the visa interview or the I481 interview?

i-485 interview.. which is kinda my visa interview..

came on a tourist visa and we got married here in the states 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, beasty said:

i-485 interview.. which is kinda my visa interview..

came on a tourist visa and we got married here in the states 

If you adjusted from tourist visa, that has nothing to do with K3 visa. You either entered with a K3 or tourist, both at the same time is not possible. Your medical done inside the US has nothing to do with K1 medicals done outside.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

If you adjusted from tourist visa, that has nothing to do with K3 visa. You either entered with a K3 or tourist, both at the same time is not possible. Your medical done inside the US has nothing to do with K1 medicals done outside.

say again ? 

i  mentioned  in the first post that we went via K3 and i entered  with a Tourist visa.

Never said i entered with k3 and Tourist visa..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, beasty said:

say again ? 

i  mentioned  in the first post that we went via K3 and i entered  with a Tourist visa.

Never said i entered with k3 and Tourist visa..

A k3 is a visa than can only be obtained from outside the US, in your home country consulate, something you didn't do. Your aos from tourist visa has nothing to do with K3.

In other words, AOSing from tourist visa is not "going via K3".

2 hours ago, Ayrton said:

There’s no K3s anymore anyway.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

On March 2, 2021I received an email regarding our upcoming I485 Interview in Seattle (haven't received letter yet) Nice Anniversary gift. We have been married 2 yrs as of Mar 2, 2021 on a K1 visa.

(1) Will I need a new medical?

(2) Will I receive a 10 yr GC if approved?

TIA

Edited by Joan58
Typo

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Joan58 said:

On March 2, 2021I received an email regarding our upcoming I485 Interview in Seattle (haven't received letter yet) Nice Anniversary gift. We have been married 2 yrs as of Mar 2, 2021 on a K1 visa.

(1) Will I need a new medical?

(2) Will I receive a 10 yr GC if approved?

TIA

1.  No

2.  Yes

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, agomaa76 said:

Thank you in advance!

If you did not send an I-693 with your AOS filing and they didn't send you a notice of I-693 deficiency then I wouldn't worry about it.  I think the worst case scenario would be that it would be approved pending the receipt of an I-693.  That would delay things a little but  better than paying the cost for a new exam.

Edited by Skyman

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

3. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical examination overseas?

If you were admitted as a:
A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or
B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and
C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:
(1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year of an overseas medical examination; and
(a) The panel physician did not find a class A medical condition during your overseas examination; or
(b) The panel physician did find a class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility, and
you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.